Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla
(06-01-2016, 07:29 PM)jason Wrote: I have the capability to save both, but if I was s lesser man, and this random adult never learned to swim, I'm saving MY dog.

Thanks for checking in and letting us know you are in the animal > human camp.  
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 08:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Exactly like why the loss of fathers in the home is as big of a problem as it is today.   

We don't even know these parent(s) discipline style ...      It's low hanging fruit to call this lady a bad parent without knowing how she parents.    

The father is in the picture.  It's obvious why you would assume otherwise based on your previous statements on these boards, but I'll leave that to a PNR discussion where you show your true colors. 

Bottom line is this kid was not being parented to the extent where it does not affect society.  Stop deflecting. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 08:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's not the last gorilla.   And when was the last time you went to see this gorilla or any gorilla?   

Seems to me if you were this into animals why not take a vacation to live in the wild with the gorillas. 

You want to act like this is a crime.... But isn't it worse that you want to lock up this majestic specimen in a cage where humans can stare at them.    

Not the last kid either. 

Saw a gorilla last month.  Never saw this one unfortunately.  

Stop biting bfine's angle, you're terrible at it in comparison.  See my reply to him and get back to me with something original. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 08:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Thanks for checking in and letting us know you are in the animal > human camp.  

Sums up your style well. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 08:53 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: The father is in the picture.  It's obvious why you would assume otherwise based on your previous statements on these boards, but I'll leave that to a PNR discussion where you show your true colors. 

Bottom line is this kid was not being parented to the extent where it does not affect society.  Stop deflecting. 

So In all your parenting expierence what should they have done?   Or are you going to just toss out some platitudes?   Are you in favour of helicopter parenting or free range?   By no means am I saying this lady is parent of the year worthy....  But it's hard to judge without knowing all the facts.    

Or should the zoo just let that gorilla kill the child?   Seems they thought it was a likely occurance unless they shot the gorilla.   Too many variables to take a chance with a kid's life.  

Btw it is the zoo's responsibility to secure the cages.   
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 08:59 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Sums up your style well. 

It's unbelievable that you guys care more for this animal than a kid.  But unfortunately this is where our society is going and that is a sad fact.  

I truly hope that you are just saying this because you think you sound cool.   
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 09:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's unbelievable that you guys care more for this animal than a kid.  But unfortunately this is where our society is going and that is a sad fact.  

I truly hope that you are just saying this because you think you sound cool.   

I don't care for anyone's kids.  Not my problem.  Nice attempt though. 

It's truly sad that you think you have a moral authority over others considering your stance on a multitude of positions and your reliance on mysticism rather than facts. 

It's obvious the majority of your statements on these boards are an attempt at making friends which I have to assume you have difficulty accomplishing IRL. 

Good luck with your ****.  Hopefully your **** is able to correct the damage you're outlook invariably does to them. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 08:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Thanks for checking in and letting us know you are in the animal > human camp.  

Wrong. I'm in the my animal camp over some random dude. Because it's my job to take care of my pet. If it were a goat and some guy drowning, the guy's got a better shot.

You ever take your kids to the zoo? If so, say hi to Ron and tell him I love his work with Lebatard. I bet you have taken them to the zoo. I bet you also made sure they didn't get into the primate enclosure.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Just wait til the mother files a civil suit against the zoo. You know it's coming.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can remember being young, and attempting to wander off.  All it took was one of my father's fingers, to touch my shoulder, and I knew better than to drift away.  So, yes I agree that the shitty parents should be held responsible.

There are reports of this kid being 3 years old. You already had this instinct grained into your head and can remember it at that age? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
So many perfect parents out there, able to stand in judgement of another. 

Unless you have kids or have had to monitor kids (for more than a couple hours) my advice is to shut your dumbass pieholes. You look super ******** passing your opinions on something you have no clue of. This is as much to anyone here as it is to everyone dumb enough to spout stupid opinions in any social media setting.

And just to add to it, i'll leave this here. Words from an egotistical windbag that should embarrass anyone that thinks an ape is more important than a human. 

Follow
[Image: y4evge18_bigger.jpeg]Colin CowherdVerified account@ColinCowherd

Vaccines. Pain reducing medicines. Transportation. New technology. Art. Music. Our university system. None created by a gorilla.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 09:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There are reports of this kid being 3 years old. You already had this instinct grained into your head and can remember it at that age? 

When i was 3 years old i snuck out of the house at night to watch a house fire around the corner. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So many perfect parents out there, able to stand in judgement of another. 

Unless you have kids or have had to monitor kids (for more than a couple hours) my advice is to shut your dumbass pieholes. You look super ******** passing your opinions on something you have no clue of. This is as much to anyone here as it is to everyone dumb enough to spout stupid opinions in any social media setting.

And just to add to it, i'll leave this here. Words from an egotistical windbag that should embarrass anyone that thinks an ape is more important than a human. 

Follow
[Image: y4evge18_bigger.jpeg]Colin CowherdVerified account@ColinCowherd

Vaccines. Pain reducing medicines. Transportation. New technology. Art. Music. Our university system. None created by a gorilla.

How many kids have gone through that exhibit without going down into that exhibit?   I don't know the number, but would love to hear your best guess. 

As to Colin Cowdump.  Is this kid some sort of special specimen that has abilities I don't know about?   Youd think that kind of Tesla like mind would know better than heading down there...  Like the thousands of other kids who visited that exhibit that DAY.  Shitty parents beget shitty kids...  And so on.  Without punishing these people were admitting defeat as a society. 
Reply/Quote
Heart 
(06-01-2016, 10:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When i was 3 years old i snuck out of the house at night to watch a house fire around the corner. 

Must say I cannot remember exactly what I was doing at 3,  but I'm willing to bet i was still a little unruly. 

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:13 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: How many kids have gone through that exhibit without going down into that exhibit?   I don't know the number, but would love to hear your best guess. 

As to Colin Cowdump.  Is this kid some sort of special specimen that has abilities I don't know about?   Youd think that kind of Tesla like mind would know better than heading down there...  Like the thousands of other kids who visited that exhibit that DAY.  Shitty parents beget shitty kids...  And so on.  Without punishing these people were admitting defeat as a society. 

I can tell you the most important stat. All the times i took my kids to the zoo (at least 10 times), when they were young, they never fell in. 

That doesn't mean they couldn't have at any given moment. 

So, moral of the story...make sure if/when you have kids, there isn't ever an instant when you don't have your full attention on them and they end up on the national news, making you look like a shitty parent. Then others can stand in judgement of you. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 09:16 PM)jason Wrote: Wrong. I'm in the my animal camp over some random dude. Because it's my job to take care of my pet. If it were a goat and some guy drowning, the guy's got a better shot.

You ever take your kids to the zoo? If so, say hi to Ron and tell him  I love his work with Lebatard. I bet you have taken them to the zoo. I bet you also made sure they didn't get into the primate enclosure.

Well hopefully if you have a loved one where they are some random person to someone else ....  I hope that person isn't like you and chooses their dog over your loved one.  

Yes we go to the zoo.   We are members of the Miami zoo.  We also have to watch our little one very closely.   
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Must say I cannot remember exactly what I was doing at 3,  but I'm willing to bet i was still a little unruly. 

Glad to hear your parents did enough to keep you from mortal danger even given your unruliness. 

Sounds like these parents are thanking god for sparring their child.  Seems like instead of relying on prayer and miracles they could have just been more vigilant.  Obviously all prayers are not answered. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Must say I cannot remember exactly what I was doing at 3,  but I'm willing to bet i was still a little unruly. 

I can remember coming home from the babysitter (my aunt) with my mother and plopping down in front of the tube to watch Underdog. 
I can remember going to the store right across the street many times for candy and pop. 
I can remember taking Mr. Bubble bubble baths.
I can remember laying in bed listening to the news from the living room right before my dad came in and got me out of the bed to watch the moon landing. ( i was 3 years and 4 months old at the time)
I can remember going downstairs on a saturday morning to open the door because my cousin larry had come over and had a hostess cupcake. I had to pull a char over to get high enough to unlock the door. 
I can remember driving around the house on a little electric car that, to the best of my memory, looked kind of like a VW bug. 

I started typing this stuff with the intent of only a couple things and a lot of memories popped up...and i can think of many more but i'll stop here. 

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can tell you the most important stat. All the times i took my kids to the zoo (at least 10 times), when they were young, they never fell in. 

That doesn't mean they couldn't have at any given moment. 

So, moral of the story...make sure if/when you have kids, there isn't ever an instant when you don't have your full attention on them and they end up on the national news, making you look like a shitty parent. Then others can stand in judgement of you. ThumbsUp

Yes it's awfully easy to judge others when they have no idea what it's like to be a parent. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:24 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Glad to hear your parents did enough to keep you from mortal danger even given your unruliness. 

Sounds like these parents are thanking god for sparring their child.  Seems like instead of relying on prayer and miracles they could have just been more vigilant.  Obviously all prayers are not answered. 

Oh believe me there were times I was in mortal danger. We had one of those old-school antennas that your could climb. I was told about how every time someone's back was turned; I was om the roof, 

Reply/Quote