Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
RIP Ken Riley
The Bengals great was 72

May his memory be a blessing

https://famuathletics.com/news/2020/6/7/former-rattler-football-legend-ken-riley-passes-away.aspx

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
One of the greats, and long overdue as a member of the NFL Hall Of Fame. Amazing player, R.I.P
Reply/Quote
He and Davey Concepcion were the reasons I wore 13 my entire athletic career. He was a brilliant man
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bummer
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Rhodes Scholar Candidate who grew up in Florida and graduated high school the same year the Civil Rights Act was passed.

Think he would have been interesting to talk to?
Reply/Quote
Devastating news. He will never get to witness the pinnacle of appreciation which is the HOF. RIP Rattler.
Reply/Quote
The Rattler was my guy on defense when I was a kid. This sucks to hear he passed.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 01:08 PM)pally Wrote:

Sad day for Ken’s family, friends, his fans, and the Bengals/Florida A&M communities. Again, the question must be asked: Why is Ken not in the Hall of Fame? At this point, it’s borderline criminal.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
RIP Rattler

Over a 3 season stretch 74 - 76 he had 20 int's, 2 were pick six's. He finished his career with 65 int's. He was one of the greats.

Thank you Ken
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 01:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: RIP Rattler

Over a 3 season stretch 74 - 76 he had 20 int's, 2 were pick six's. He finished his career with 65 int's. He was one of the greats.

Thank you Ken

Sad to hear this news...he was one of the reasons I became a Bengals Fan living  in Los Angeles ....how could you not be into a guy nicknamed "rattler" at age 10? Him , Lamar Parrish, Tommy Casanova, Bernard Jackson made us a great and feared secondary back in the day.  
RIP Rattler, lets hope the HOF wakes up. 
Reply/Quote
Sad
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He was the man growing up in the 70s, and still was playing st a high level at end.. total BS not in HOF
Reply/Quote
Very sad news, RIP Ken
Reply/Quote
The fact he was not inducted while alive, while so many lessor players at his position have gotten in, is a ribbon of shame on the NFL. I guess they''ll wait till Anderson is dead also.
Reply/Quote
RIP Rattler. Sad Another Bengal snub.
Reply/Quote
Pretty much a starter on every Bengals fan's All-Time Bengals Team.

Rest In Peace
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
RIP Ken Riley. You were an all time great cornerback and never got your just due in the NFL HOF.
Reply/Quote
A top 5 all time Bengal... maybe top 3. The NFL HOF didn’t give him what he earned and his team doesn’t honor their past greats enough. Players that good shouldn’t get lost with time.
Reply/Quote
I feel this will be a situation like Stabler. There will be a movement to get him in now because he was wronged in not being alive to see it happen and thus should wait no longer.

Is it possible the voters have something against the name Ken? Stabler, Riley, Anderson...
Reply/Quote