Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ragnow in for a visit
Take him in the first.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 04:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Price was only at the Combine and Daniels was only for a private visit, not his Pro Day. Ragnow was private visit and Pro Day.

True, but again we drafted Eifert without ever seeing him. We have a weird history of visits and what they mean or don't mean. Ragnow may have been brought in to reaffirm medicals.
Reply/Quote
All I know is, come draft night, I hope to god I don't scream out, "WTF, who is that guy"?? I too think there will be at least 1 of the centers on the board at 46, but if he isn't the one you want, then you had better grab the one you want at 21...
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 04:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: All I know is, come draft night, I hope to god I don't scream out, "WTF, who is that guy"??   I too think there will be at least 1 of the centers on the board at 46, but if he isn't the one you want, then you had better grab the one you want at 21...

2012 was the first year I really started getting into researching a bunch of draft prospects. I said, "Who?" when the Bengals drafted JJ Dielman and Mason Schreck last year, Fejedelem the year prior, and Lavelle Westbrooks and James Wright in 2014. Pretty much have only ever not known a pick on Day 3 of the draft. Saying, "Who?" on Day 1 or 2 would likely be a really bad thing haha.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 05:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 2012 was the first year I really started getting into researching a bunch of draft prospects. I said, "Who?" when the Bengals drafted JJ Dielman and Mason Schreck last year, Fejedelem the year prior, and Lavelle Westbrooks and James Wright in 2014. Pretty much have only ever not known a pick on Day 3 of the draft. Saying, "Who?" on Day 1 or 2 would likely be a really bad thing haha.

I said it 3 years ago when we picked Cedric "the turnstile"......
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 02:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: A lot of teams check out guys, but it doesn't mean what we think all the time. That could be for a trade back, or a trade up in the 2nd. It is a really fluid thing the draft, never know where a guy may be available. A lot of people thought Kamara last year could be a late 1st or early 2nd and there he was in the 3rd for the Saints. 

What position group pushes interior offensive linemen toward the back end of the second round? I dont see one In fact I think 6 interior linemen go in the top 40 picks which would also be unheard of...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are hell-bent on a center in round 1, I hope they trade down to bottom of 1st and pick up an extra 3rd rounder (or 2nd if team desperate enough). Still think they can go McGlinchey, Wynn, or linebacker with 1st pick and get one of the top 3 centers (Daniels, Price, or Ragnow) in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 06:24 PM)Synric Wrote: What position group pushes interior offensive linemen toward the back end of the second round? I dont see one In fact I think 6 interior linemen go in the top 40 picks which would also be unheard of...

I think we will see 6 QBs taken before the mid 2nd. The second tier of Cb is deep and I think a run on corners happens late in the 1st into the 2nd. While top tier OT are thin there are a lot in the second tier that will start going off the board late 1st as well. This is also a really good HB class outside Barkley and we could see 4-5 in the first two rounds. I think it’ll be a weird year for sure but people are far too down on some positional groups because once the first guy in a position groups “next tier” goes people panic and the run starts.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 07:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think we will see 6 QBs taken before the mid 2nd. The second tier of Cb is deep and I think a run on corners happens late in the 1st into the 2nd. While top tier OT are thin there are a lot in the second tier that will start going off the board late 1st as well. This is also a really good HB class outside Barkley and we could see 4-5 in the first two rounds. I think it’ll be a weird year for sure but people are far too down on some positional groups because once the first guy in a position groups “next tier” goes people panic and the run starts.

I seriously doubt HBs (RBs, FBs, Move TEs) drop the interior offensive line class. Defensive backs is the only one I'd give you but that's a double edge cuz it's a deep group.

I'm predicting interior line makes a run early.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
All hail Ragnow Lothbrok as the Bengals new center.

Hope to see this actually.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 09:27 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm predicting interior line makes a run early.

Early is relative I think Mid 2nd there is a run but I think the tackles falling push it down a bit.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 09:39 PM)Go Cards Wrote: All hail Ragnow Lothbrok as the Bengals new center.

I'm torn between Ragnow Lothbrok or Frank the Tank for Ragnow's nickname.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 09:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm torn between Ragnow Lothbrok or Frank the Tank for Ragnow's nickname.

Feel like Frank the Tank got overused to death a few years back.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 09:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: Feel like Frank the Tank got overused to death a few years back.

[Image: 268x0w.jpg]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 02:33 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Unless they trade back, They should not take a center round 1. One of the top 3 will be there at 46.

Mark. It. Down.

Yes, that makes sense.  However, if they are really sold that Ragnow is the man they want, and are fearful that he won't be around at 46, is it really a reach?  A team like Carolina, also having met with Ragnow recently, could motivate the Bengals to take him at 21.  Carolina picks at 24, and you know they value interior OL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 11:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, that makes sense.  However, if they are really sold that Ragnow is the man they want, and are fearful that he won't be around at 46, is it really a reach?  A team like Carolina, also having met with Ragnow recently, could motivate the Bengals to take him at 21.  Carolina picks at 24, and you know they value interior OL.

Yea, it's tough to tell. We don't know that Ragnow is their guy. Their guy could be someone else at Center, or a guy they have rated higher overall that they never thought would fall could land at us a different position (Like Eiffert). I also find the draft interesting because it really isn't a science and it's so hard to predict what everyone in front will do to even know what you may be looking at.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 09:39 PM)Go Cards Wrote: All hail Ragnow Lothbrok as the Bengals new center.

If they draft him I say the boards should take up a collection and buy a battle axe to send him for training camp.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 11:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, that makes sense.  However, if they are really sold that Ragnow is the man they want, and are fearful that he won't be around at 46, is it really a reach?  A team like Carolina, also having met with Ragnow recently, could motivate the Bengals to take him at 21.  Carolina picks at 24, and you know they value interior OL.

This is where I am it. If you want a guy at #21 you had better take him, because someone else might like him also. Will it be a reach?? IMO if he turns out to be an great starter for next 10 years, then there's your answer.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 06:51 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: If the Bengals are hell-bent on a center in round 1, I hope they trade down to bottom of 1st and pick up an extra 3rd rounder (or 2nd if team desperate enough).  Still think they can go McGlinchey, Wynn, or linebacker with 1st pick and get one of the top 3 centers (Daniels, Price, or Ragnow) in round 2.

That's what I'm hoping for but man, I can see the Bills, Patriots, Panthers and Vikings totally screwing us. 
Reply/Quote
WWPBD=What would Paul Brown do.
Make Bob Johnson C Tennessee his first pick.

Damn was he legendary!!!
Reply/Quote