Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ragnow in for a visit
(04-18-2018, 12:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: Looks like he could be in play with our 2nd pick.

Take Ragnow at 21 man, the Panthers pick right after us at 24.

This way we are sure our new O-line coach got the Center that fit his style the best, the best Center in the Draft
at our biggest position of need that played in the SEC. I see Daniels going to a passing Offense, he doesn't fit
what Pollack was talking about he likes in his O-lineman, Price fits us but he may not be there at 46.

Don't risk it, take Ragnow at 21 or we could easily be looking at the 4th best Center with our 2nd pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 07:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Take Ragnow at 21 man, the Panthers pick right after us at 24.

This way we are sure our new O-line coach got the Center that fit his style the best, the best Center in the Draft
at our biggest position of need that played in the SEC. I see Daniels going to a passing Offense, he doesn't fit
what Pollack was talking about he likes in his O-lineman, Price fits us but he may not be there at 46.

Don't risk it, take Ragnow at 21 or we could easily be looking at the 4th best Center with our 2nd pick.

I'd love the pick!
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 12:10 PM)3wt Wrote: If they draft him I say the boards should take up a collection and buy a battle axe to send him for training camp.

absolutely
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 01:13 PM)McC Wrote: If it's me, I have him start house shopping cuz for better or for worse, I'm taking him at 21.  Don't get cute, FO.  Put this guy in stripes.  Give Frank to Frank.

Completely agree.  I have no idea where they have him rated compared to other players that COULD be there at #21, but if the run on QBs doesn't happen as we all believe it will before #21 and Ragnow is near the top of their rated players remaining at #21, he definitely fits the bill of being a Bengal draft pick:  Multiple year starter, big-time competition, blue-collar type attitude.

Here is an excerpt from an article regarding his Pro Day: (Note:  His explosiveness score (Bench 225+ vertical + broad jump) was an even 70, and his quote about having done 36 reps before on 225 would have put him at a staggering 79. )

FAYETTEVILLE – Five months after suffering a season-ending ankle injury, Frank Ragnowfinally got a chance to show off his talents in front of NFL scouts Monday morning inside Walker Pavilion.

The All-SEC center was among 13 players who worked out in front of representatives from all 32 NFL teams at Arkansas’ annual Pro Day.
“I had quite a bit of butterflies last night,” Ragnow said. “But I got back on the home turf and felt like myself again, so I wasn’t too nervous once we got going.”
While many former collegiate standouts head to warm destinations to train for the NFL Draft, Ragnow went home to Victoria, Minn., so he could be with his mother. He spent the last several months rehabbing and said he has been “100 percent” for about four weeks.
Instead of jumping right into things at the NFL Scouting Combine, which was Feb. 27-March 5, Ragnow waited for Arkansas’ Pro Day to do the pre-draft drills.
“Not many people go up to Minnesota to train; everybody goes to Arizona or California or whatnot,” Ragnow said. “I’ve kind of been alone in the snow training, so it’s good to show off a little bit and not be by myself.”
Ragnow set personal bests in the vertical jump (33.5 inches) and broad jump (9 feet, 7 inches), which would have ranked second among offensive linemen at the combine. His 40-yard dash time of 4.98 would have been fifth, while his 27 bench press reps would have tied for eighth.
The only number he was disappointed in was his bench press because he had been doing much better than that during his training.
“I’ve done 36, so I kind of choked there,” Ragnow said. “I stopped breathing. I forgot how to breathe, so not good technique.”
The biggest thing for Ragnow was just proving to NFL teams that his ankle was healed. Pro Football Focus rated him as the top offensive lineman in the country the last two years, so he believes he has done enough to hear his named called at the NFL Draft, which begins April 26 in Arlington, Texas.
“The tape doesn’t lie and I think a lot of (teams) know that,” Ragnow said. “A lot of them just wanted to see my ankle. I’m pretty confident with my abilities on the board, IQ wise with football, so getting to show off how I feel like I am post-surgery, I think that was good for them to see.”
Monday also gave Ragnow another chance to talk to NFL teams, something he also did at the Senior Bowl and combine even though he wasn’t able to play or do drills.
Ragnow said he had 23 official interviews and got to meet people like 49ers general manager John Lynch, Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll and Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer.
Those teams have talked to him about playing center and guard, but Ragnow also said he believes he could play tackle if needed.
“I think that really helps me,” Ragnow said. “You can only carry eight and if you show you can play all three or all five spots, it really helps you get on the field.”
When the draft rolls around next month, Ragnow will watch it on television in Minnesota. One person who will be noticeably absent is his father, who passed away during the 2016 season.
“I’ll be at my mom’s house with my family and the people who got me here,” Ragnow said. “It’ll be bittersweet with my dad not being there, but it’ll be a pretty special moment to be with my family.”
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 08:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Completely agree.  I have no idea where they have him rated compared to other players that COULD be there at #21, but if the run on QBs doesn't happen as we all believe it will before #21 and Ragnow is near the top of their rated players remaining at #21, he definitely fits the bill of being a Bengal draft pick:  Multiple year starter, big-time competition, blue-collar type attitude.

Here is an excerpt from an article regarding his Pro Day: (Note:  His explosiveness score (Bench 225+ vertical + broad jump) was an even 70, and his quote about having done 36 reps before on 225 would have put him at a staggering 79. )

FAYETTEVILLE – Five months after suffering a season-ending ankle injury, Frank Ragnowfinally got a chance to show off his talents in front of NFL scouts Monday morning inside Walker Pavilion.

The All-SEC center was among 13 players who worked out in front of representatives from all 32 NFL teams at Arkansas’ annual Pro Day.
“I had quite a bit of butterflies last night,” Ragnow said. “But I got back on the home turf and felt like myself again, so I wasn’t too nervous once we got going.”
While many former collegiate standouts head to warm destinations to train for the NFL Draft, Ragnow went home to Victoria, Minn., so he could be with his mother. He spent the last several months rehabbing and said he has been “100 percent” for about four weeks.
Instead of jumping right into things at the NFL Scouting Combine, which was Feb. 27-March 5, Ragnow waited for Arkansas’ Pro Day to do the pre-draft drills.
“Not many people go up to Minnesota to train; everybody goes to Arizona or California or whatnot,” Ragnow said. “I’ve kind of been alone in the snow training, so it’s good to show off a little bit and not be by myself.”
Ragnow set personal bests in the vertical jump (33.5 inches) and broad jump (9 feet, 7 inches), which would have ranked second among offensive linemen at the combine. His 40-yard dash time of 4.98 would have been fifth, while his 27 bench press reps would have tied for eighth.
The only number he was disappointed in was his bench press because he had been doing much better than that during his training.
“I’ve done 36, so I kind of choked there,” Ragnow said. “I stopped breathing. I forgot how to breathe, so not good technique.”
The biggest thing for Ragnow was just proving to NFL teams that his ankle was healed. Pro Football Focus rated him as the top offensive lineman in the country the last two years, so he believes he has done enough to hear his named called at the NFL Draft, which begins April 26 in Arlington, Texas.
“The tape doesn’t lie and I think a lot of (teams) know that,” Ragnow said. “A lot of them just wanted to see my ankle. I’m pretty confident with my abilities on the board, IQ wise with football, so getting to show off how I feel like I am post-surgery, I think that was good for them to see.”
Monday also gave Ragnow another chance to talk to NFL teams, something he also did at the Senior Bowl and combine even though he wasn’t able to play or do drills.
Ragnow said he had 23 official interviews and got to meet people like 49ers general manager John Lynch, Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll and Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer.
Those teams have talked to him about playing center and guard, but Ragnow also said he believes he could play tackle if needed.
“I think that really helps me,” Ragnow said. “You can only carry eight and if you show you can play all three or all five spots, it really helps you get on the field.”
When the draft rolls around next month, Ragnow will watch it on television in Minnesota. One person who will be noticeably absent is his father, who passed away during the 2016 season.
“I’ll be at my mom’s house with my family and the people who got me here,” Ragnow said. “It’ll be bittersweet with my dad not being there, but it’ll be a pretty special moment to be with my family.”

What a great article on Frank Ragnow man, mega reps. Pretty amazing a lot of people were saying Ragnow
would not be the type of player to light up his Pro Day but he would just be a solid player. Then here he goes
and lights up his Pro Day. Listen to the guy speak, that is what i want in my Center.

Also didn't know he could play Tackle and maybe all 5 spots. That is the thing he could be on Zim's radar as a
Guard or competition with Elflein as well.

We need to take this guy at 21 the closer we get to the Draft and like you said, he fills all the holes of what
the Bengals like in their O-lineman, multiple year starter in the SEC with a blue collar attitude.

I believe we will regret not taking Ragnow at 21 if we do not.
Reply/Quote
Frank Ragnow gaining even more momentum into the first round, at least according to Daniel Jeremiah and Evan Silva.
https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/988768043651256322
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't mind taking a Center in the 1st I guess as the hype builds around Ragnow and company. If there is someone who knows centers it is Pollock,so I'll defer to him. I am also okay trading back in the 1st if we like Price as it seems we can get him in the 25-26 range. I like some of the next tier of centers though so won't freak out if we don't get one of the top 3.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 11:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Frank Ragnow gaining even more momentum into the first round, at least according to Daniel Jeremiah and Evan Silva.
https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/988768043651256322

Love it, just affirming more and more of what we have been seeing. I keep watching the highlights of all these
Centers and Ragnow is just more invisible as you could say meaning he doesn't stand out in a bad way hardly
ever. Just what you want in an O-lineman.

But he can put Defenders on their back too. Really think this would be the most solid pick in the Draft for us in
the 1st we have seen for a long time if we make it.

(04-24-2018, 11:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't mind taking a Center in the 1st I guess as the hype builds around Ragnow and company. If there is someone who knows centers it is Pollock,so I'll defer to him. I am also okay trading back in the 1st if we like Price as it seems we can get him in the 25-26 range. I like some of the next tier of centers though so won't freak out if we don't get one of the top 3.

What are some of the next tier Centers you like? Cole, Quessenberry?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love it, just affirming more and more of what we have been seeing. I keep watching the highlights of all these
Centers and Ragnow is just more invisible as you could say meaning he doesn't stand out in a bad way hardly

But he can put Defenders on their back too. Really think this would be the most solid pick in the Draft for us in

Ragnow would remind me a lot of when the Bengals took Zeitler. They'd be getting a high-floor guy who is just a damn good interior OL that you can always rely on doing his job well. Hard to say no to that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 01:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ragnow would remind me a lot of when the Bengals took Zeitler. They'd be getting a high-floor guy who is just a damn good interior OL that you can always rely on doing his job well. Hard to say no to that.

I see that, but i think Ragnow will be a much better run blocker than Zeit, especially under Pollack if we get him.

Also Ragnow is much more athletic as we saw from his amazing Pro Day.

Very similar in pass blocking though, both are great.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love it, just affirming more and more of what we have been seeing. I keep watching the highlights of all these

As a 2nd tier option at Center?  Will Clapp LSU  6'5" 309, has size and length for NFL.  Coming out of LSU, you know he can run block, will need technique training for Pass Pro.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 01:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As a 2nd tier option at Center?  Will Clapp LSU  6'5" 309, has size and length for NFL.  Coming out of LSU, you know he can run block, will need technique training for Pass Pro.

I have heard some bad things about Clapp though and what a name lol

Don't want to hear we got the Clap. Mellow

The Michigan State Center has also faced some big time competition but also has his weaknesses.

Ragnow as far as i can see, has none. I want that guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have heard some bad things about Clapp though and what a name lol

Don't want to hear we got the Clap. Mellow

The Michigan State Center has also faced some big time competition but also has his weaknesses.

Ragnow as far as i can see, has none. I want that guy.

Just so we're clear, you want the Bengals to take Ragnow?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 01:30 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Just so we're clear, you want the Bengals to take Ragnow?

I think most of us around here want Ragnow!  I was just offering a 2nd tier option, like he asked for in a previous post.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What are some of the next tier Centers you like? Cole, Quessenberry?

Of the 2nd tier I like Corbett out of Nevada. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 01:30 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Just so we're clear, you want the Bengals to take Ragnow?

Yes, have i not been clear enough?

(04-24-2018, 01:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think most of us around here want Ragnow!  I was just offering a 2nd tier option, like he asked for in a previous post.

ThumbsUp  I don't want the Clap though Sunset no thanks. Mellow

(04-24-2018, 02:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: Of the 2nd tier I like Corbett out of Nevada. 

Yeah, i like Corbett, him or Cole would be fine with me....

After we got Ragnow. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 02:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, have i not been clear enough?

ThumbsUp  I don't want the Clap though Sunset no thanks. Mellow

Yeah, i like Corbett, him or Cole would be fine with me....

After we got Ragnow. Ninja

I'm not as excited about Cole I'd see him as more of a 4th  rounder.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 02:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm not as excited about Cole I'd see him as more of a 4th  rounder.

Mason Cole is not as physical as i would like, but i think he would make a fine versatile Guard that
could play Center in a pinch... if Ragnow went down lol

How physical is Corbett? Thought i saw he was a little undersized but that is okay as long as he can
play physical and nasty.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 02:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Mason Cole is not as physical as i would like, but i think he would make a fine versatile Guard that
could play Center in a pinch... if Ragnow went down lol

How physical is Corbett? Thought i saw he was a little undersized but that is okay as long as he can
play physical and nasty.

Tough to tell, but I think Corbett offers guard flexibility as well if he doesn't work out as a center. I have seen him compared to Pugh and Greco which tells me he will be at least and average to above average starter for a long time.
Reply/Quote
Corbett is supposedly very good with his hands and delivering a punch. He is a good fallback if we get mclinchey in 1 and miss price in 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote