Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders Injuries
(01-10-2022, 11:38 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Arm was Denzel Perryman, who's a run-stopping machine and made his first PB this year (have never been good in coverage, even in college). No updates on his status.

Quinton Jefferson got hurt in the game, but came back in.

Darius Philon is the lineman that had the knee injury and was carted off; he's probably done for the year, but he didn't even play when we played them earlier this year, so him being gone is moot.

Ngakoue left for a bit, but I think he's ok.

Philon has been playing lights out recently which is one of the reasons Maxx Crosby has been able to further elevate his game over the closing stretch

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: After last night's OT game and a Saturday game, they will be coming in worn down. Cool Need to pound them in the first half with Mixon.

That Certainly is reason for optimism. Plus they are coming from out west on a short week and get cold weather. Our run game is better than theirs. Our offense has been hot lately too. Plenty of reasons to be optimistic, but there are also legitimate concerns that could keep this game very close.

If we out physical them on offense AND defense we win. We definitely need to hit them in the mouth with Mixon AND get some shots on Jacobs who is playing hurt. Setting the tone early could lock down our first playoff win in 3 decades
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:40 PM)jason Wrote: Light a match and put it our on your wrist... It'll go right away.

Doctors recommend this...

[Image: 8SXeS9.gif.b11c521c186907b60d7a6726b88e08e8.gif]

...unless that's what caused it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes that game was much closer than people here seem to remember. Raiders made it 16-13 and we didn’t run away until the last 5 minutes. It was an ugly grind it out kind of game. Only 148 passing yards. When we went up 10 with 5 to play Apple got an int that sealed it and set us up deep in LV territory to make the score look a lot worse than it actually was.

We wore them down as the game went on. Likely in for the same kind of ugly game on Saturday. Then peoples heads will explode because they had unrealistic expectations.

Our records were 6-4, they were 5-5 going into that game I think. They are pretty even imo.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:54 PM)pally Wrote: Philon has been playing lights out recently which is one of the reasons Maxx Crosby has been able to further elevate his game over the closing stretch

Whats the update on Philon, he was carted out late in the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:55 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That Certainly is reason for optimism. Plus they are coming from out west on a short week and get cold weather. Our run game is better than theirs. Our offense has been hot lately too. Plenty of reasons to be optimistic, but there are also legitimate concerns that could keep this game very close.

If we out physical them on offense AND defense we win. We definitely need to hit them in the mouth with Mixon AND get some shots on Jacobs who is playing hurt. Setting the tone early could lock down our first playoff win in 3 decades

Yep... Another variable in our favor though. Tee hadn't been himself coming off injury up through that game. He rounded into form the following week.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I would not be surprised if the stick TE to chip to help out Prince. Prince is giving me flashbacks of Bobby and reminds me of how RT is high priority next off season in addition to a studly Center
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would not be surprised if the stick TE to chip to help out Prince. Prince is giving me flashbacks of Bobby and reminds me of how RT is high priority next off season in addition to a studly Center

I still am under the assumption that D'Ante Smith will be the RT of the future; he really didn't look bad yesterday and was up against Garrett all day.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:02 PM)jason Wrote: They said he's got a grown issue, but didn't sound serious. Just got a rest from the sounds of it.

No biggie. Most kickers are short anyway. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No biggie. Most kickers are short anyway. 

No... As in "since he hit that game winner, he's runnin' round acting like he grown."
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:32 PM)jason Wrote: No... As in "since he hit that game winner, he's runnin' round acting like he grown."

Key word; "acting". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
They're gonna be in rough shape regardless. That was a war last night and they won't even get a full week to prepare. Also need to fly 3.5 hours across the country. It'll be a grind.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: After last night's OT game and a Saturday game, they will be coming in worn down. Cool Need to pound them in the first half with Mixon.

Hopefully the coaches take that into account and have mixon wear them down early and shoot them down for the k*ll with C/H/B.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No biggie. Most kickers are short anyway. 

Justin Tucker of the Baltimore Ravens is 6'1".*

*Please don't reply by taking my post serious. I'm only amusing myself by using a tired forum trope some posters here rely on as an attempt to appear intellectual.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
My fear is that Rieff and Spain started the Week 11 match up and their replacements have kind of sucked.

I also fear that they're using more and more 3 TE sets and Hunter Renfrow not having a big game last time.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:02 PM)jason Wrote: They said he's got a grown issue, but didn't sound serious. Just got a rest from the sounds of it.

Thanks and hope it was minor because those can be lingering sometimes. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Just an FYI....the short week doesn't seem to bother the Raiders. Since 2010, they are 5-3 on short weeks (games played on a Thursday). The Bengals in that same time frame are 4-5. So lets just put the game away early, and don't worry about all that short week, players are wore out stuff. It is time to bury the Bo Jackson curse forever!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:08 PM)samhain Wrote: Had they moved Ja'marr to the slot yet in that game?  I don't recall.  It was around when he seemed to be tailing off a bit.  

TBH, Chase is better than Allen, too.  Tee wasn't as prominent vs KC.  A team couldn't be stupid enough to think that they can sell out to stop Chase and leave Higgins free to feast, could they?

Good point. The Raiders game was smack dab in the middle of Chase's slump.

We've since figured it out and he's back to being a dynamic playmaker.

This is why I predicted 37-17. They largely held our pass game in check last time. That won't happen again.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Philon has a significant knee injury and is out for the Bengals game.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
"Raiders coach Rich Bisaccia says DL Darius Philon suffered "significant" knee injury vs. Chargers"

Philon out for the year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote