Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders Injuries
I was watching the game last night and remember a couple Raiders going down with injuries. They seemed like significant injuries to significant players.

One defensive guy hurt his wrist. It looks like he was in a lot of pain and came off the field. Does anyone know who that was and the extent of the injury?

Another defensive player seemed to have significantly hurt his knee. Any update on that guy?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
That game was 16-13 midway thru the 4th quarter. Until they just gave up. This time around will be much different. Never underestimate the enemy.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:31 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was watching the game last night and remember a couple Raiders going down with injuries. They seemed like significant injuries to significant players.

One defensive guy hurt his wrist. It looks like he was in a lot of pain and came off the field. Does anyone know who that was and the extent of the injury?

Another defensive player seemed to have significantly hurt his knee. Any update on that guy?

Arm was Denzel Perryman, who's a run-stopping machine and made his first PB this year (have never been good in coverage, even in college). No updates on his status.

Quinton Jefferson got hurt in the game, but came back in.

Darius Philon is the lineman that had the knee injury and was carted off; he's probably done for the year, but he didn't even play when we played them earlier this year, so him being gone is moot.

Ngakoue left for a bit, but I think he's ok.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:37 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: That game was 16-13 midway thru the 4th quarter. Until they just gave up. This time around will be much different. Never underestimate the enemy.

Uh, what? 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:31 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was watching the game last night and remember a couple Raiders going down with injuries. They seemed like significant injuries to significant players.

Their biggest impact DT was Philon.
He was the one who suffered the big knee injury, which was a non-contact injury.
I haven't seen confirmation, but one has to assume he won't be playing Saturday, or at least not much.

Bengals put a hurt on the Raiders in November primarily with the running game. Mixon had 123 yards and 2 TDs.
Bengals WRs should make it difficult for Raiders DBs to cover all of them.
They can try to double-cover Chase like they did to Allen last night, but Higgins, Boyd, and Uzomah are better than Williams, Cook, and Palmer.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Does anybody know the status on McPhearson ?

His kickoffs were all short against KC and sitting out the following week has me concerned he is not 100%

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:56 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Does anybody know the status on McPhearson ?

His kickoffs were all short against KC and sitting out the following week has me concerned he is not 100%

They said he's got a grown issue, but didn't sound serious. Just got a rest from the sounds of it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:02 PM)jason Wrote: They said he's got a grown issue, but didn't sound serious. Just got a rest from the sounds of it.

The commercials say it is serious if it lasts for more than four hours  Ninja
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Their biggest impact DT was Philon.
He was the one who suffered the big knee injury, which was a non-contact injury.
I haven't seen confirmation, but one has to assume he won't be playing Saturday, or at least not much.

Bengals put a hurt on the Raiders in November primarily with the running game. Mixon had 123 yards and 2 TDs.
Bengals WRs should make it difficult for Raiders DBs to cover all of them.
They can try to double-cover Chase like they did to Allen last night, but Higgins, Boyd, and Uzomah are better than Williams, Cook, and Palmer.

Had they moved Ja'marr to the slot yet in that game?  I don't recall.  It was around when he seemed to be tailing off a bit.  

TBH, Chase is better than Allen, too.  Tee wasn't as prominent vs KC.  A team couldn't be stupid enough to think that they can sell out to stop Chase and leave Higgins free to feast, could they?
Reply/Quote
They basically just need to game-plan around Crosby and the running game. Carr tends to throw the ball high, so there will be pick opportunities if the secondary stays alert. He also tends to just chuck passes downfield looking to draw a flag. Don't take the bait and he doesn't scare me.

I'll take Burrow in a shootout.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:56 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Does anybody know the status on McPhearson ?

Yes I hope he is ready on Sat, we will need him!  The main concern I have is Prince VS Maxx Crosby....
Crosby was abusing Storm Norton all  night and I think we had Reif last time we played them?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:08 PM)samhain Wrote: Had they moved Ja'marr to the slot yet in that game?  I don't recall.  It was around when he seemed to be tailing off a bit.  

TBH, Chase is better than Allen, too.  Tee wasn't as prominent vs KC.  A team couldn't be stupid enough to think that they can sell out to stop Chase and leave Higgins free to feast, could they?

From what I remember the Raiders defense plays pretty conservative. They don't blitz...like at all and they rely on their 4 down to create pressure, which they are good at. 

I think this is a Joe Mixon game. I'm glad he had a week to rest up and we are playing the Raiders on our field rather than the atrocious one he kept slipping on at Allegiant. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:11 PM)Big Boss Wrote: They basically just need to game-plan around Crosby and the running game.  Carr tends to throw the ball high, so there will be pick opportunities if the secondary stays alert.  He also tends to just chuck passes downfield looking to draw a flag.  Don't take the bait and he doesn't scare me.

I'll take Burrow in a shootout.

Don't forget about Waller. TEs have given us trouble this year and he's as good as they come. 

I'm just glad Logan Wilson is back for this game. 
Reply/Quote
They are playing hurt Waller did not look good, Jacob was solid but bad ribs, their WR crew is thin
Reply/Quote
I tell you what, with the status of Josh's knee unknown, it sure feels good having Mike Daniels in the wings.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:07 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The commercials say it is serious if it lasts for more than four hours  Ninja

Light a match and put it our on your wrist... It'll go right away.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:37 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: That game was 16-13 midway thru the 4th quarter. Until they just gave up. This time around will be much different. Never underestimate the enemy.

(01-10-2022, 11:38 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Uh, what? 

Yes that game was much closer than people here seem to remember. Raiders made it 16-13 and we didn’t run away until the last 5 minutes. It was an ugly grind it out kind of game. Only 148 passing yards. When we went up 10 with 5 to play Apple got an int that sealed it and set us up deep in LV territory to make the score look a lot worse than it actually was.

We wore them down as the game went on. Likely in for the same kind of ugly game on Saturday. Then peoples heads will explode because they had unrealistic expectations.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:40 PM)jason Wrote: Light a match and put it our on your wrist... It'll go right away.

But don't take this prescription if you've ever sat up, sat down, laid down, stood up, fallen down, had breakfast, lunch or dinner, gone to the bathroom, been constipated, had the shits, drank water or any liquid, pissed off your mother or father or ever been in a fight with a sibling..  Other than that it'll make you frolic on the beach with the hottest broad in the world..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes that game was much closer than people here seem to remember. Raiders made it 16-13 and we didn’t run away until the last 5 minutes. It was an ugly grind it out kind of game. Only 148 passing yards. When we went up 10 with 5 to play Apple got an int that sealed it and set us up deep in LV territory to make the score look a lot worse than it actually was.

We wore them down as the game went on. Likely in for the same kind of ugly game on Saturday. Then peoples heads will explode because they had unrealistic expectations.

After last night's OT game and a Saturday game, they will be coming in worn down. Cool Need to pound them in the first half with Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes that game was much closer than people here seem to remember. Raiders made it 16-13 and we didn’t run away until the last 5 minutes. It was an ugly grind it out kind of game. Only 148 passing yards. When we went up 10 with 5 to play Apple got an int that sealed it and set us up deep in LV territory to make the score look a lot worse than it actually was.

Oh I get what you are saying now. 

That was two months ago. This offense is playing better at the moment. The Chargers just dropped 30 on them. I don't think it's going to be an easy go but I don't think the game will be the slog that it was. 

The weather may dictate these offenses more than anything though. It's supposed to be like 25 degrees. 
Reply/Quote