Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ramsey lobbying to cover Chase
From ESPN:

"speaking Monday via Zoom conference, Ramsey didn't leave much doubt about what he'd like his role to be: covering star Bengals rookie receiver Ja'Marr Chase."

""Of course, that's what I'm asking for. That's what I want. Whoever you think their best man is, put me on him."

"Earlier in the day, Chase noted Ramsey's size and speed as his greatest strengths, and fellow Bengals wideout Tyler Boyd praised Ramsey, who has earned five Pro Bowl and three All Pro honors since 2017, for those traits and more.

"I think he's definitely probably the best cornerback in the NFL," Boyd said. "He's a great player and he understands his assignments, he understands how to play football and he does a great job of doing that. So, we've got to be at our best -- any one of us -- when we go out there and line up in front of him to figure out ways to win our matchup."

"According to NFL Next Gen Stats, Ramsey's highest shadow rates this season have come since Week 12 and against traditional No. 1 receivers. That includes a season-high 69% against Tampa Bay's Mike Evans in the NFC Divisional Playoffs and 58% against Minnesota's Justin Jefferson in Week 16."

"Sunday's perimeter battles will be strength against strength. Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow led the NFL in QBR on passes outside the numbers and Chase led the league in touchdown catches on such throws. The Rams, meanwhile, allowed the second lowest QBR and fewest touchdown passes on attempts outside the numbers this season."

Ramsey said. "I've been the best in the game for years now, consistently showing greatness week in and week out. "

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33239988/los-angeles-rams-cb-jalen-ramsey-lobbies-shadow-star-cincinnati-bengals-wr-jamarr-chase-super-bowl-lvi
Reply/Quote
Ramsey may want to be careful about what he wishes for, would hate to see a rookie school him after he's been flapping them gums.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Meh, we have the blueprint for handling him.

[Image: green-ramsey.png]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Mike evans was 4 catches on 9 targets for 88 yards.

I figured he would go against Higgins and predict 4/75.
If he goes against chase I predict the first 100 yard game since AB in 2017
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 10:19 PM)Nepa Wrote: From ESPN:

"speaking Monday via Zoom conference, Ramsey didn't leave much doubt about what he'd like his role to be: covering star Bengals rookie receiver Ja'Marr Chase."

""Of course, that's what I'm asking for. That's what I want. Whoever you think their best man is, put me on him."

"Earlier in the day, Chase noted Ramsey's size and speed as his greatest strengths, and fellow Bengals wideout Tyler Boyd praised Ramsey, who has earned five Pro Bowl and three All Pro honors since 2017, for those traits and more.

"I think he's definitely probably the best cornerback in the NFL," Boyd said. "He's a great player and he understands his assignments, he understands how to play football and he does a great job of doing that. So, we've got to be at our best -- any one of us -- when we go out there and line up in front of him to figure out ways to win our matchup."

"According to NFL Next Gen Stats, Ramsey's highest shadow rates this season have come since Week 12 and against traditional No. 1 receivers. That includes a season-high 69% against Tampa Bay's Mike Evans in the NFC Divisional Playoffs and 58% against Minnesota's Justin Jefferson in Week 16."

"Sunday's perimeter battles will be strength against strength. Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow led the NFL in QBR on passes outside the numbers and Chase led the league in touchdown catches on such throws. The Rams, meanwhile, allowed the second lowest QBR and fewest touchdown passes on attempts outside the numbers this season."

Ramsey said. "I've been the best in the game for years now, consistently showing greatness week in and week out. "

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33239988/los-angeles-rams-cb-jalen-ramsey-lobbies-shadow-star-cincinnati-bengals-wr-jamarr-chase-super-bowl-lvi

Ramsey may neutralize Chase, but they don't have any other good CBs that can adequately cover Higgins and Boyd 1-on-1.
I imagine they may double-cover Higgins with safety help, forcing the Bengals to use the short-to-intermediate routes with Boyd and Uzomah (assuming he plays).
Then they'll use Donald, Floyd, Miller, and Robinson to rush Burrow.
That'd be their best bet to contain the Bengals offense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Humphrey didn't do well in that type of assignment.
Reply/Quote
Please let them be arrogant enough to put him one-on-one with Chase…

Reply/Quote
I'm all in with Jalen. He definitely deserves a chance to cover Ja'marr one on one for the entrie game. He's earned it. In fact I think he should continue to single cover him even if he scores on him 2 or 3 times.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 10:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Please let them be arrogant enough to put him one-on-one with Chase…

This would be ideal. I doubt they do it though.

If Ramsey covers Chase 1 on 1 he is definitely the best cover Corner in the NFL.

I don't see it happening though. Chase will tear Ramsey up, I don't care how good you are. You need to double Chase in this game.

Ramsey will have a few great plays but Chase WILL get free and that means TD's. Chase is too good and too physical.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 11:15 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm all in with Jalen.  He definitely deserves a chance to cover Ja'marr one on one for the entrie game.  He's earned it.  In fact I think he should continue to single cover him even if he scores on him 2 or 3 times.

Yes please. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Never like Ramsey. Wish AJ would have gotten better shots on him. Besides all that, I don't care if Ramsey wins the battle, as long as we win the war.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 11:15 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm all in with Jalen.  He definitely deserves a chance to cover Ja'marr one on one for the entrie game.  He's earned it.  In fact I think he should continue to single cover him even if he scores on him 2 or 3 times.

Nicomo Cosca
Please let them be arrogant enough to put him one-on-one with Chase…

This is why I love this board. 
Reply/Quote
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

*deep breath*

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

Raheem Morris pull a Wink Martindale.

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
Reply/Quote
Jalen Ramsey is a great CB and said absolutely nothing wrong it the interview.

Fun fact:

The 3 CBs taken after Ramsey in the 2016 draft all have been/are on the Bengals
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jalen Ramsey is a great CB and said absolutely nothing wrong it the interview.

Fun fact:

The 3 CBs taken after Ramsey in the 2016 draft all have been/are on the Bengals

No doubt. Just hope he gets his wish.
Reply/Quote
I think the safer bet (for them) would be using Ramsey on Tee, and rolling coverage to Chase.

But I hope they listen to Ramsey. Please give him that one on one.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 12:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the safer bet (for them) would be using Ramsey on Tee, and rolling coverage to Chase.

But I hope they listen to Ramsey. Please give him that one on one.

True. I think Tee has a huge game if they just double Chase. Tee or Boyd.

I just think Tee is catching the ball so well right now with his size, it is nearly impossible to cover.
Reply/Quote
Boyd and Uzo will feast in the middle.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Ja’Marr Chase is a generational talent but from a defensive back perspective I would consider Tee Higgins a much tougher assignment. While Chase may be harder to keep up with while running routes, Higgins is a huge target — bigger and stronger than Chase — with a huge catch radius who can jump high and fight for contested balls. Ja’Marr can move freakishly well but Tee will punish a defensive back.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 12:24 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Boyd and Uzo will feast in the middle.

Uzo looks ready, we will see.
Reply/Quote