Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ramsey lobbying to cover Chase
(02-09-2022, 11:40 AM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: Yes sir TCU. I'm a few years older than Andy but yes we were on the same team for 2 years. I actually used to post on the old Bengals.com board years and years ago before the Bengals ever drafted Andy. Marvin White was a secondary teammate of mine as well, I'm sure a lot of you guys remember him. Then going back even further, Matt Schobel was another great TCU player who also played for the Bengals.

Thanks, I wasn't that good though. LOL

It was a long time ago, and the game has changed a lot, but I still like trying to breakdown coverages and route trees.

Shared a locker room with Andy for 2 years. I'm sure you and Brad could have some interesting discussions...... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
(Just hacking on ya, Brad)
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 11:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Shared a locker room with Andy for 2 years. I'm sure you and Brad could have some interesting discussions...... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
(Just hacking on ya, Brad)

Does Brad not like Andy or something?

Anyway, I'm just a Texas guy who has rooted for the Bengals since the Oilers left town in '96. I enjoyed the Andy years and really think that 2015 had something special but it didn't workout. Andy was a great college QB, solid NFL QB and even better Human. I hope once he retires I'll see him around TCU games more. Ladainian comes to almost every home game. We have a special letterman's community. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:11 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: Does Brad not like Andy or something?

Anyway, I'm just a Texas guy who has rooted for the Bengals since the Oilers left town in '96. I enjoyed the Andy years and really think that 2015 had something special but it didn't workout. Andy was a great college QB, solid NFL QB and even better Human. I hope once he retires I'll see him around TCU games more. Ladainian comes to almost every home game. We have a special letterman's community. 

You KNOW Andy will be coming around Wink

And back on the mothership (the old boards), an interview was taking place live and Andy just came from the shower, smiled a cheeky grin or something and than presented his man parts, which were apparently huge. Brad then subsequently started a thread (that went on FOREVER) about how Andy's manhood makes him an Alpha Male and all that junk.

I was one of the *very* few to NOT see the video and/or screenshots, so I'm only going off of the thread itself and everyone's reaction, not the actual images depicted.

That's all!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought about changing my username to ‘Andy’s Enormous Hog’ so Brad would quit hating me so much.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 11:40 AM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: Yes sir TCU. I'm a few years older than Andy but yes we were on the same team for 2 years. I actually used to post on the old Bengals.com board years and years ago before the Bengals ever drafted Andy. Marvin White was a secondary teammate of mine as well, I'm sure a lot of you guys remember him. Then going back even further, Matt Schobel was another great TCU player who also played for the Bengals.

It was a long time ago, and the game has changed a lot, but I still like trying to breakdown coverages and route trees.

Cool man, of course I remember Marvin White and Schobel. Post more TCUBengal, always nice having former players and
coaches on here to talk football. We will see how Ramsey and that Secondary of the Rams want to play us. I bet they use 
Ramsey to shadow Chase with a Safety over the top. If Ramsey and the Safety can do this effectively it still leaves Higgins
and Boyd 1 on 1 along with Mixon on screens and dump offs. Middle TE screens to Uzo could also be really effective.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: D1? I'm assuming TCU? You play with Dalton by any chance?

I would have to say that was a good catch and led to a very informative discussion.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 02:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool man, of course I remember Marvin White and Schobel. Post more TCUBengal, always nice having former players and
coaches on here to talk football. We will see how Ramsey and that Secondary of the Rams want to play us. I bet they use 
Ramsey to shadow Chase with a Safety over the top. If Ramsey and the Safety can do this effectively it still leaves Higgins
and Boyd 1 on 1 along with Mixon on screens and dump offs. Middle TE screens to Uzo could also be really effective.

Yeah they will shade a safety I'd think. In today's game a guy like Chase is almost impossible to cover 1on1, even with a Ramsey level talent.

But as you guys are well aware, that opens up Tee and Tyler. This Offense is very dangerous. 
Reply/Quote
Chase can make really good CB look bad. Rams will give Ramsey help for sure. And I expect a lot of holding and tugging by Rams CB against Bengals.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

I don't care if you were on the bottom of the bench. You're still in the top 0.1% of athletes to play at a nice program like TCU. That's something to be proud of. Appreciate your input.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 01:47 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Yes I think the smaller quicker CBS have a better chance VS Chase. Ramsey is a bit long and Chase could exploit that with his quickness.
But yes please keep saying how great you are Ramsey etc etc....all we do is go out and make guys like you look like dog crap. I cant wait to see how Ramsey reacts to trying to tackle Chase, a whole different deal the what hes used to.

Ramsey is probably the best tackling corner in the league. I’m hoping we get Chase away from Ramsey on Williams several times. I think that has the potential to be a huge advantage for us.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 05:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't care if you were on the bottom of the bench. You're still in the top 0.1% of athletes to play at a nice program like TCU. That's something to be proud of. Appreciate your input.

Well thank you. Looking back it's kinda cool to see guys that I played with and/ or against in High School and college STILL in the league, shoot I played against Matt Stafford in High School and then against Eric Weddle in college. Those old farts are playing on Sunday

Danny Amendola was a High School teammate of mine and he caught 2 TDs in week 18 this year. And Also Jerry Hughes was a college teammate of mine. Still cashing checks from the Bills. 

Trying to think if anyone else is still bouncing around? Andy obviously. Jeremy Kerley had a decent career with the Jets but he's been gone a few years.
Reply/Quote
I been thinking about it and If I’m Rams i definitely wouldn’t chase Jamarr with Jalen. I’d rather start him on his normal side and have him guard whoever he guards. If he’s on a side instead of chasing Jamarr i think he’ll disrupt the offense way more.

If Chase starts working them over then you put Jalen on him
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 04:39 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: Yeah they will shade a safety I'd think. In today's game a guy like Chase is almost impossible to cover 1on1, even with a Ramsey level talent.

But as you guys are well aware, that opens up Tee and Tyler. This Offense is very dangerous. 

Well said. 

The Rams are going to have to play a great game on Defense to handle all these weapons even when they get pressure.

Honestly the Linebackers are what we need to attack, they are the biggest weakness on that Defense.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 08:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said. 

The Rams are going to have to play a great game on Defense to handle all these weapons even when they get pressure.

Honestly the Linebackers are what we need to attack, they are the biggest weakness on that Defense.

Yep. But Travin Howard (also a TCU alum) has stepped up big for them in the Playoffs. 

The Rams are favored for a reason, that being said. I like the Bengals Moneyline! Joey B is something special.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:11 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: Does Brad not like Andy or something?

Oh Brad likes Andy. 73 page thread or thereabouts and I believe to word he used as a descriptive was "Magnificent Manhood" that would send opponents into fits of inferiority. I've never laughed so hard at a thread.
Reply/Quote
Couple ways you can get Ramsey off Chase, motion snap him from outside into the slot giving him a free release with a two way go. Run bunch/stack formations forcing the Rams to play banjo coverage or risk getting picked by their own teammates. Line him up in the backfield and use motion + speed returns to tire gun out.

As I said earlier, I don’t think they will double him. They haven’t when they’ve asked him to shadow in the past but a straight double is unlikely most snaps. You may catch a safety cheating but won’t be a true high/low bracket.
Reply/Quote