Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rancher Cliven Bundy meets with Sen. Rand Paul
(07-06-2015, 11:18 AM)Benton Wrote: Bundy's only hope at getting the money he owes reduced is to win out in the court of public opinion and have it apply pressure to lawmakers. In a straight court case, he's going to be ordered to pay the fees, fines and taxes.

Why do you hate freedom?!?!

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
A little concerning maybe Paul is getting desperate to have met with Bundy. Besides the fact Bundy is breaking the law, surely Paul could find someone more knowledgeable and qualified to educate him on federal land issues.

Turning federal land over to the states is a platform issue that COULD be a winner, but goodness gracious you wouldn't want that associated with Bundy.
(07-06-2015, 10:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: If he is going to "meet" with them he should make a point of distancing from that.

If Obama met with him I'd say the same.  Or Hillary or anyone.

I get that Bundy is just an idiot media ***** who wants more than his 15 minutes.  Really.  But if he said he met ME I'd issue a statement saying "Yea, we shook hands and I told him I disagree with his stance on blacks."

Especially if I wanted to be President...although I still can't imagine why anyone wants that job.

"Meet"
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-06-2015, 03:03 AM)Benton Wrote: No he didn't. Other users paid it. He knew the rules. Instead of changing them through the system, he disregarded the law because he didn't like them.

I'm not debating his failure to pay. That's wrong. I am debating the federal gov even having any say in lands. They should be returned to the states.

Fees are fees... I'm not against states collecting.
(07-06-2015, 06:14 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: A little concerning maybe Paul is getting desperate to have met with Bundy.  Besides the fact Bundy is breaking the law, surely Paul could find someone more knowledgeable and qualified to educate him on federal land issues.

Turning federal land over to the states is a platform issue that COULD be a winner, but goodness gracious you wouldn't want that associated with Bundy.

I agree with all this .... I do think the issue is a winner. No idea why he met with him. He should win Nevada regardless.
(07-07-2015, 02:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I'm not debating his failure to pay.   That's wrong.   I am debating the federal gov even having any say in lands.   They should be returned to the states.  

Fees are fees... I'm not against states collecting.

You can't have your cake and sell it too.

The BLM oversaw lands that were worth virtually nothing at taxpayer expense because somebody had to do it. Now, with property rates ever increasing and the energy resources on them decresing, some states would like to have those back. Large scale ag producers like Bundy, too. You can't have it both ways. You can't expect the Fed to cover your losses when something is worth less and private businesses or states to reap all the benefits when it's worth more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-07-2015, 02:43 AM)Benton Wrote: You can't have your cake and sell it too.

The BLM oversaw lands that were worth virtually nothing at taxpayer expense because somebody had to do it. Now, with property rates ever increasing and the energy resources on them decresing, some states would like to have those back. Large scale ag producers like Bundy, too. You can't have it both ways. You can't expect the Fed to cover your losses when something is worth less and private businesses or states to reap all the benefits when it's worth more.

Agreed. I believe they should have never seized the land. I am just for putting things right. Can dump BLM as well.