Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rancher Cliven Bundy meets with Sen. Rand Paul
http://theweek.com/speedreads/564011/rancher-cliven-bundy-meets-sen-rand-paul

Quote:Cliven Bundy, the rancher who made headlines last year for not paying the $1 million in fines he owed to the Bureau of Land Management for letting his cattle graze on government-owned land, met privately with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Monday, Bundy says, adding that he educated Paul on federal land oversight and states' rights.

"I don't think he really understood how land rights really work in the western United States," he told Politico. "I was happy to be able to sort of teach him." The Republican presidential candidate was in Mesquite, Nevada, to speak with supporters, and he shared his thoughts on land rights. "I think almost all land-use issues and animal issues, endangered species issues, ought to be handled at the state level," Paul said. "I think that the government shouldn't interfere with state decisions, so if a state decides to have medical marijuana or something like that, it should be respected as a state decision."

Bundy said he spoke with Paul for 45 minutes — Paul's spokesman told Politico he didn't have any scheduled meetings with any of the attendees, and didn't speak to anyone for 45 minutes — and disagreed with Paul over the actions of groups like American Lands Council, which uses litigation and legislation to get land from the federal government to give to states. "My stand is we are already a sovereign state," he said. "The federal government doesn't need to turn this land back to us. It's already state land."

Bundy became a conservative hero after the BLM came to impound his cattle as penalty for not paying the grazing fees, and hundreds of armed militia members came to his ranch to show their support. The tide turned after he made derogatory statements about "the negro," alluding that black people might have been better off under slavery. Once those comments were made public, former supporter Paul released a statement saying Bundy's "remarks on race are offensive and I wholeheartedly disagree with him."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Rand has ran on returning some federal lands back to state control. So it would make sense bundy would be interested.
(07-05-2015, 01:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Rand has ran on returning some federal lands back to state control.  So it would make sense bundy would be interested.

Doesn't matter if the State owns it instead of the Federal Government.  This guy still won't be allowed to use it for free.

Bundy is just a big freeloader that wants something for nothing. I can't believe how many people support him.
(07-05-2015, 01:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Rand has ran on returning some federal lands back to state control.  So it would make sense bundy would be interested.

Plus their shared stance on the "Negros".   Ninja
(07-05-2015, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Doesn't matter if the State owns it instead of the Federal Government.  This guy still won't be allowed to use it for free.

Bundy is just a big freeloader that wants something for nothing.  I can't believe how many people support him.

There is something to grazing rights. I am not a rancher but I believe it's a complicated issue.

As for whether bundy is a good guy or not.... He obviously has issues. But this is about access to land.
(07-05-2015, 01:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Plus their shared stance on the "Negros".   Ninja

Ok rachel Maddow
(07-05-2015, 02:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  But this is about access to land.

That is exactly what I said.  He wants to use it for free.  He is a freeloader who wants something for nothing.
[Image: Dumb-and-Dumber.jpg]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
I'd be surprised if there's much validity for the story. It's become pretty common for the last 1-2 years for Paul to avoid any controversial people/situations. I think it was Iowa last year where a congressman got put on the spot by reporters. Paul had been talking to him. As soon as the cameras showed up, Paul started moving away slowly like he was looking for somebody else. It was kind of humorous.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-05-2015, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly what I said.  He wants to use it for free.  He is a freeloader who wants something for nothing.

Well he is an idiot for trying to use it for free. State fees are appropriate but not federal fees as well.
(07-05-2015, 05:50 PM)Benton Wrote: I'd be surprised if there's much validity for the story. It's become pretty common for the last 1-2 years for Paul to avoid any controversial people/situations. I think it was Iowa last year where a congressman got put on the spot by reporters. Paul had been talking to him. As soon as the cameras showed up, Paul started moving away slowly like he was looking for somebody else. It was kind of humorous.

He "met" with him.  That much is sure.

[Image: Sen.-Rand-Paul-R-KY-right-during-meeting...00x430.jpg]
That Bundy thing was great. Fox News had him galloping around on a horse with an American flag like he was the greatest patriot for having his crew aim assault rifles at the police about 6 months before every right winger started saying how black people shouldn't disobey the police if they don't want to get fatally shot.

Awesome!
(07-05-2015, 11:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That Bundy thing was great.  Fox News had him galloping around on a horse with an American flag like he was the greatest patriot for having his crew aim assault rifles at the police about 6 months before every right winger started saying how black people shouldn't disobey the police if they don't want to get fatally shot.

Awesome!

Well he had a valid concern on the land usage. As well as bringing up the fact that the Feds have taken too much land from the state's as it is... And the Feds didn't need to have a stand off with him either to ramp it all up. As for his feelings on blacks .... Well that's just dumb.
(07-06-2015, 12:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well he had a valid concern on the land usage.  As well as bringing up the fact that the Feds have taken too much land from the state's as it is...  And the Feds didn't need to have a stand off with him either to ramp it all up.  As for his feelings on blacks .... Well that's just dumb.

No he didn't. Other users paid it. He knew the rules. Instead of changing them through the system, he disregarded the law because he didn't like them.
(07-05-2015, 01:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Plus their shared stance on the "Negros".   Ninja

You're reaching for something that doesn't exist
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Bundy is a freeloader. I'm sure he talked w Paul after he spoke, though probably not for long. I doubt a senator cares much about "learning" from some criminal rancher.

(07-06-2015, 06:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're reaching for something that doesn't exist

And?  Ninja

Seriously though...if you "meet" with folks who think blacks had it better as slaves you better be doing it to set him straight.  Luckily in today's media age the story was a couple days old before anyone even knew it happened...so Paul doesn't have to even comment on it.
(07-06-2015, 09:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: And?  Ninja

Seriously though...if you "meet" with folks who think blacks had it better as slaves you better be doing it to set him straight.  Luckily in today's media age the story was a couple days old before anyone even knew it happened...so Paul doesn't have to even comment on it.

Yes, it's his responsibility to correct every random person who talks to him on all of their out dated views.

(07-06-2015, 10:07 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yes, it's his responsibility to correct every random person who talks to him on all of their out dated views.

If he is going to "meet" with them he should make a point of distancing from that.

If Obama met with him I'd say the same.  Or Hillary or anyone.

I get that Bundy is just an idiot media ***** who wants more than his 15 minutes.  Really.  But if he said he met ME I'd issue a statement saying "Yea, we shook hands and I told him I disagree with his stance on blacks."

Especially if I wanted to be President...although I still can't imagine why anyone wants that job.
(07-06-2015, 10:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: If he is going to "meet" with them he should make a point of distancing from that.

If Obama met with him I'd say the same.  Or Hillary or anyone.

I get that Bundy is just an idiot media ***** who wants more than his 15 minutes.  Really.  But if he said he met ME I'd issue a statement saying "Yea, we shook hands and I told him I disagree with his stance on blacks."

Especially if I wanted to be President...although I still can't imagine why anyone wants that job.

Bundy's only hope at getting the money he owes reduced is to win out in the court of public opinion and have it apply pressure to lawmakers. In a straight court case, he's going to be ordered to pay the fees, fines and taxes.