Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rand Paul Tests Positive for COVID-19
https://www.fox5dc.com/news/sen-rand-paul-tests-positive-for-coronavirus

Quote:Sen. Rand Paul tests positive for coronavirus

Quote:WASHINGTON - Sen. Rand Paul says he has tested positive for coronavirus, making him the first U.S. senator confirmed to have the disease.

Paul's office tweeted the news Sunday afternoon:
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
He didn't want people to be tested and yet, he is using a test without symptoms.

I hope he dies.

He will go in a better world and the world will be better without him. It's a win win situation.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Man, that guy can't catch a break, first gets his ass kicked by his neighbor and now gets the virus.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does asymptomatic Senators jumping to the front of the testing line qualify as government taking advantage of a crisis?

So, that's not a good thing for the Senators.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
On the one hand, I want to be amused by the irony of the only Senator who voted against the initial emergency response bill is the only Senator who caught the coronavirus.

But on the other hand, the Senate may need to go into recess because of the inability to vote remotely + social distancing with an infected Senator having roamed the halls as recently as yesterday morning.

This is the worst time for the Senate to be unable to vote and pass bills...
(03-23-2020, 08:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: On the one hand, I want to be amused by the irony of the only Senator who voted against the bill the initial emergency response bill.

But on the other hand, the Senate may need to go into recess because of the inability to vote remotely + social distancing with an infected Senator having roamed the halls as recently as yesterday morning.

Conspiracy theory*: Republican members of Congress are intentionally doing this so that Trump can enact emergency powers to consolidate power in the Executive.

*I do not actually believe this, but it is an interesting hypothetical.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I've seen this posted elsewhere but why isn't congress and the WH practicing Social Distancing?

Why were the senators SWIMMING with Rand Paul for any reason during this let alone when we are to avoid each other?

That should be reason enough for removal from office.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-23-2020, 09:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: I've seen this posted elsewhere but why isn't congress and the WH practicing Social Distancing?

Why were the senators SWIMMING with Rand Paul for any reason during this let alone when we are to avoid each other?

That should be reason enough for removal from office.

The double speak is strong with this one. He gets tested out of an abundance of caution. But, he doesn’t self-quarantine while waiting on his test results out of an abundance of caution? That’s just stupid. As a physician, he should know better.
(03-23-2020, 10:15 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The double speak is strong with this one. He gets tested out of an abundance of caution. But, he doesn’t self-quarantine while waiting on his test results out of an abundance of caution?  That’s just stupid. As a physician, he should know better.

Well that's what happens when you can't get certified so you create your own board to certify yourself to be a doctor.  Cool
Oh...so he (and others) just ignored the rules.

Got it.

Mellow

(03-22-2020, 10:20 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: He didn't want people to be tested and yet, he is using a test without symptoms.

I hope he dies.

He will go in a better world and the world will be better without him. It's a win win situation.

Lol this is trashy AF. 

(03-23-2020, 08:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: On the one hand, I want to be amused by the irony of the only Senator who voted against the initial emergency response bill is the only Senator who caught the coronavirus.

He wanted to pay for it by using funds allocated for foreign military aid...but I guess that makes him literally Satan (and worthy of death according to some posters on here Nervous )
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(03-23-2020, 01:00 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Lol this is trashy AF. 

He wanted to pay for it by using funds allocated for foreign military aid...but I guess that makes him literally Satan (and worthy of death according to some posters on here Nervous )

No, it makes him a pedantic idiot who cares more about procedure than helping people.

He literally protest voted a bill he knew would pass just so he could say "I don't agree with how we're paying for this pandemic and I want people to know that I was opposed to the method by which we are assisting people in such a dire time."

It's the kind of grandstanding that makes people hate politicians.
swimming, during a pandemic, in a communal pool that is not currently being chlorinated correctly. super smart
Today Rand is defending his actions claiming . . . get this . . . if he had actually followed the testing rules . . . he wouldn’t have been tested and would still be walking around contagious.

Actually, that’s a lie because you’re advised to self-quarantine while waiting for the results.

Claims he only got tested because he was worried about HIS lung. F caution for other people. Well, Rand if you’re high risk you should be following the precautions for high risk patients.

The show boating stunt he pulled the other day was bad enough, but par for the course for him. I don’t know why people keep voting for this hypocritical fool.
(03-23-2020, 09:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Today Rand is defending his actions claiming . . . get this . . . if he had actually followed the testing rules . . . he wouldn’t have been tested and would still be walking around contagious.

Actually, that’s a lie because you’re advised to self-quarantine while waiting for the results.

Claims he only got tested because he was worried about HIS lung. F caution for other people. Well, Rand if you’re high risk you should be following the precautions for high risk patients.

The show boating stunt he pulled the other day was bad enough, but par for the course for him. I don’t know why people keep voting for this hypocritical fool.

Between him and Moscow Mitch, I have to write it off as being a Kentucky thing. Ninja
(03-23-2020, 10:18 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Between him and Moscow Mitch, I have to write it off as being a Kentucky thing. Ninja

Don’t hate me for my irresponsibility. Hate me for my elitism for access to medical you can’t receive.
(03-23-2020, 11:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Don’t hate me for my irresponsibility. Hate me for my elitism for access to medical you can’t receive.

My wife told me that she heard Rand had previously had half of a lung removed. That's gotta be a rough go having COVID-19 after that. I'm thinking he is not going to be very cavalier about things for long, eh.
(03-24-2020, 12:01 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: My wife told me that she heard Rand had previously had half of a lung removed. That's gotta be a rough go having COVID-19 after that. I'm thinking he is not going to be very cavalier about things for long, eh.

He is citing that as his reason for being high risk and getting tested. But, apparently he couldn’t be bothered to follow the recommendations for high risk patients. If he followed those then he wouldn’t have been working out in the gym or swimming in the pool that had already been closed in order to implement social distancing because he should have already been practicing that a high risk individual.
(03-23-2020, 09:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Today Rand is defending his actions claiming . . . get this . . . if he had actually followed the testing rules . . . he wouldn’t have been tested and would still be walking around contagious.

Sometimes I wonder if lack of any common sense is also a prerequisite for the job. We already know lack of moral conscience is. And this is for all of them not just one party.