Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rand Paul assault was politically motivated by Bernie Supprter
http://www.dailywire.com/news/23179/authorities-claim-sen-rand-paul-attack-was-emily-zanotti

Broke several ribs among other injuries. At what point will the medi and democrats back off the violent rhetoric. Guy was attacked while mowing his lawn. Conservatives didn’t like obama’s Policies but no one tried to kill democrat politicians.

Quote:Authorities Claim Sen. Rand Paul Attack Was 'Politically Motivated'

Assailant Rene Boucher is being held on $5000 bond.

Emily ZanottiNovember 5, 2017

AP Photo/Richard Shiro
The FBI told local Kentucky media early Sunday that an assault that left Republican Sen. Rand Paul injured and reeling was "politically motivated."

According to WNKY, a Kentucky NBC affiliate, authorities and Paul's neighbors believe Rene Boucher attacked Paul over his ideological leanings. The FBI, the local news organization says, has confirmed the motive.

Boucher is a registered Democrat, according to voter rolls, updated in March of 2017.

Boucher, who reportedly lives down the street from Paul, assaulted the senator while Paul was mowing his lawn. Paul, who was wearing earplugs, stepped off his ride-on mower to handle something on the ground when Boucher attacked.

Although Paul was "blindsided," according to his spokesperson, the senator emerged mostly unscathed — with only minor injuries to his face and rib cage.

Boucher is being held in the Warren County Detention Center on $5,000 bond. He will likely face charges of fourth degree assault, Bowling Green County Sheriffs say.
A lot of reporting I saw said he and his neighbor had an ongoing feud. I'd be willing to bet that the assault was a result of that, but the feud was stoked by political differences.
Could be, but dunno. As local media, it sounds like a neighborhood dispute, I don't know where daily wire is getting their FBI info, but it hasn't been disseminated to us.

Report is also incorrect, it was more than minor injuries.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-06-2017, 01:22 PM)Benton Wrote: Could be, but dunno. As local media, it sounds like a neighborhood dispute, I don't know where daily wire is getting their FBI info, but it hasn't been disseminated to us.

Report is also incorrect, it was more than minor injuries.

That’s why I put the broken ribs in my comment. It was something else as well but I can’t remember. Clavical maybe?

There have been FBI comments and also comments from his staff. There are a bunch of articles I just posted the latest one that popped up.
Most recent one from CBS News has LE saying that the FBI is still working to determine if it was politically motivated. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rand-paul-attack-kentucky-bowling-green-alleged-neighbor-broken-ribs/

Quote:A spokeswoman for Paul said he was "blindsided" by the attack, but did not provide more details. Police have not said what motivated the attack. Kentucky State Police Master Trooper Jeremy Hodges said the FBI checking to see if the attack was politically motivated.

FBI spokesman David Habich said the agency is aware of the incident and is "working with our state and local partners to determine if there was a violation of federal law."
(11-06-2017, 01:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.dailywire.com/news/23179/authorities-claim-sen-rand-paul-attack-was-emily-zanotti

Broke several ribs among other injuries. At what point will the medi and democrats back off the violent rhetoric. Guy was attacked while mowing his lawn. Conservatives didn’t like obama’s Policies but no one tried to kill democrat politicians.

By the time this was written, Paul's attacker had been released on $7500 bond. If the DW can't get basic facts correct, I doubt they know the motive since details about that are still scarce.

On another note, the Bengals could use this guy to teach tackling.
(11-06-2017, 01:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That’s why I put the broken ribs in my comment.   It was something else as well but I can’t remember.   Clavical maybe?

There have been FBI comments and also comments from his staff.   There are a bunch of articles I just posted the latest one that popped up.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/politics/rand-paul-assault-injuries/index.html

Quote:Republican Sen. Rand Paul has five rib fractures, including three displaced fractures and lung contusions, after an assault in his home in Bowling Green, Kentucky, a senior adviser told CNN.

I googled around a bit, it looks like daily wire is basing their story off an early comment by WKNY. Which, I believe, is the only place reporting an unnamed FBI source as saying it's politically motivated. Their parties may have led to hard feelings, but so far it just sounds like two neighbors who don't like each other.
Probably has a mental illness
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-06-2017, 01:52 PM)Benton Wrote: Their parties may have led to hard feelings, but so far it just sounds like two neighbors who don't like each other.

I could see Paul being an asshole to live next to.

But this would seem pretty unusual for an upper class neighborhood, much less someone near 60...Usually people with assets go out of their way to avoid physical altercations, because then people will sue you for those assets.

And this is extra bizarre, as there wouldn't appear to be an argument immediately preceding the incident.  I wonder if this won't have something to do with the kids....maybe bad blood over something happening with kids/grandkids at school.
--------------------------------------------------------

(11-06-2017, 01:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Probably has a mental illness

That’s pretty obvious. He was a Bernie supporter lol
(11-06-2017, 01:52 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/politics/rand-paul-assault-injuries/index.html

I googled around a bit, it looks like daily wire is basing their story off an early comment by WKNY. Which, I believe, is the only place reporting an unnamed FBI source as saying it's politically motivated. Their parties may have led to hard feelings, but so far it just sounds like two neighbors who don't like each other.

Yeah I don’t post cnn stuff as I have zero confidence in whether they are being honest. I will post msnbc before I post cnn.
(11-06-2017, 02:16 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I could see Paul being an asshole to live next to.

But this would seem pretty unusual for an upper class neighborhood, much less someone near 60...Usually people with assets go out of their way to avoid physical altercations, because then people will sue you for those assets.

And this is extra bizarre, as there wouldn't appear to be an argument immediately preceding the incident.  I wonder if this won't have something to do with the kids....maybe bad blood over something happening with kids/grandkids at school.

According to Paul's spokesperson which may or may not be true. We'll most likely never know the truth.
(11-06-2017, 02:16 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I could see Paul being an asshole to live next to.

No idea. What I've heard (and it's nothing official) is that the other guy (also a doctor) and Rand haven't gotten along in the past. Two doctors, same neighborhood, different points of view. Why Rand mowing his lawn was a tipping point? No idea.
(11-06-2017, 02:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I don’t post cnn stuff as I have zero confidence in whether they are being honest.   I will post msnbc before I post cnn.

...but you post daily wire? LOL

There are other sources with the same injury list. Daily wire's story seems to be out of date and incorrectly using early reports.
(11-06-2017, 02:45 PM)Benton Wrote: ...but you post daily wire? LOL

There are other sources with the same injury list. Daily wire's story seems to be out of date and incorrectly using early reports.

I can source daily wire stories to original reporting. Plus they openly let me know they have a slant. As does msnbc..... cnn tries to pretend they are down the middle, but everything is slanted.

Idc if sites are leaning one way or the other. I just want them to be honest with me up front on their bias
(11-06-2017, 02:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I can source daily wire stories to original reporting.  Plus they openly let me know they have a slant.   As does msnbc..... cnn tries to pretend they are down the middle, but everything is slanted.  

Idc if sites are leaning one way or the other.   I just want them to be honest with me up front on their bias

I can appreciate that.
(11-06-2017, 02:44 PM)Benton Wrote: Why Rand mowing his lawn was a tipping point? No idea.

That's why I'm saying it might have something to do with kids.  Or Rand made some comment about the guy's kids/grandkids.  Usually if someone comes up and jumps someone like that it's because they heard about something the guy said.

Of course, it would be typical of a politician to say he was just mowing the grass....and lying/ignoring an argument that preceded the fight.

Can't believe no one has made a joke yet about Paul's "National Ophthalmology Board"
--------------------------------------------------------

(11-06-2017, 02:54 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That's why I'm saying it might have something to do with kids.  Or Rand made some comment about the guy's kids/grandkids.  Usually if someone comes up and jumps someone like that it's because they heard about something the guy said.

Of course, it would be typical of a politician to say he was just mowing the grass....and lying/ignoring an argument that preceded the fight.

Can't believe no one has made a joke yet about Paul's "National Ophthalmology Board"

There were reports that this has ramped up only after Rand and Trump were working together. The attacker posted nothing but anti trump stuff from Bernie, Maxine Watters, and other leftists.

Ofc after the Bernie supporter tried to gun down the republican softball team noting can be overlooked.
(11-06-2017, 02:51 PM)Benton Wrote: I can appreciate that.

This is all I have ever asked from the media.

And the reason I support those outlets who are not afraid to tell me they are biased.
(11-06-2017, 02:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I can source daily wire stories to original reporting. Plus they openly let me know they have a slant. As does msnbc..... cnn tries to pretend they are down the middle, but everything is slanted.

Idc if sites are leaning one way or the other. I just want them to be honest with me up front on their bias

Then you can show us the origin of the report stating the FBI claimed the attack was politically motivated.