Green Bay
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Tampa Bay
Arizona
Miami
NY Jets
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ranking The Current Openings
1. Green Bay. You inherit Aaron Rodgers and a relatively talented supporting cast. Fans are very demanding and not many think highly of Ted Thompson, however. Very popular franchise. Ownership will spend.
2. Cleveland. Perennial losers but they have a lot of young talent and a franchise QB. Stepping into a playoff-ready situation. Small market team, however. And you have to live in Cleveland, Ohio.
3. Cincinnati. Also perennial losers. Mike Brown and the reputation. However, there is talent here and you will get plenty of time to succeed. Job security in this line of work is invaluable. Mike will spend on his own guys but free agency does not work here the way it does everywhere else. Could easily convince me to put this job as low as 5.
4. Denver. Loaded D but nothing on O, including a QB. New guy should get free rein to choose the QB, but Elway is a crappy GM while being a folk hero to the fans.
5. NYJ. Bad FO and NY may be the biggest pressure cooker in all of sports. But you have your franchise QB and a chance to win on a big stage.
6. TB. Horrible ownership, some of the crappiest fans in the league, small market, franchise tied to a ******* of a QB. They do have some weapons on both sides of the ball and are relatively young.
7. Miami. (Edited to add them). Nothing to like about this job presently. Drake looks like a good player, I guess. Frank Gore is 81. FO in overhaul, as will be the roster including QB Tannehill. Dolphins fans are not patient - they've been losing for a long time and Gase fell out of favor very quickly. This looks like a 4 year rebuild and the new coach will probably get maybe 3 before results are expected.
8.. Arizona. Guys are turning down interviews here left and right. There's no talent to speak of on the roster. Last year's "savior" QB Josh Rosen looked awful in his rookie season. Like, really, really bad. He may improve in a better system but the new guy is likely going to be tied to him for at least 2 years. David Johnson isn't getting any younger. Small market, never a successful franchise. But hey, cool stadium.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would agree with this.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I'd put Denver ahead of us. There is a lot of talent on the defense, and Elway will do whatever it takes to win. He has not had much luck with QBs so far, but he is willing to makes big moves to try and win.
Reply/Quote
Best:
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Green Bay
New York

Worst:
Arizona
Denver
Miami
Tampa Bay
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I put Denver ahead of us as well. Some coaches would relish the opportunity to be able to choose their own QB.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd put Denver ahead of us.  There is a lot of talent on the defense, and Elway will do whatever it takes to win.  He has not had much luck with QBs so far, but he is willing to makes big moves to try and win.

There's nothing on the offensive side of the ball. Emmanuel Sanders and a bunch of poo. 

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:34 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Best:
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Green Bay
New York

Worst:
Arizona
Denver
Miami
Tampa Bay

Im not sure how you rank Cincinnati ahead of Cleveland... 

Cleveland is set to win the division for years to come. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:35 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I put Denver ahead of us as well. Some coaches would relish the opportunity to be able to choose their own QB.

You could argue that a Head Coach does get a chance to pick a QB for the Bengals if a coach decides to go that way...with Andy as prime trade potential.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:35 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: There's nothing on the offensive side of the ball. Emmanuel Sanders and a bunch of poo. 

they have a decent o-line, Phillip Lindsay finished 3rd in the AFC in rushing, and Courtland Sutton is a talented young receiver.It's not perfect but none of these jobs are, that's why we all have HC openings. and that defense is already great, the ability to pick your guy at QB and a GM that will spend to give you what you need is pretty enticing.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:35 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I put Denver ahead of us as well. Some coaches would relish the opportunity to be able to choose their own QB.

Problem is, it's not a good QB class and they are picking too far down the order to nab the top guy. It was also pretty shitty of Elway to deal Thomas at the deadline while Vance was presumably still fighting for his job.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im not sure how you rank Cincinnati ahead of Cleveland... 

Cleveland is set to win the division for years to come. 

I just did alphabetical order in each category.  Should've specified that.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I just did alphabetical order in each category.  Should've specified that.

Ah got ya. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:43 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: they have a decent o-line, Phillip Lindsay finished 3rd in the AFC in rushing, and Courtland Sutton is a talented young receiver.It's not perfect but none of these jobs are, that's why we all have HC openings. and that defense is already great, the ability to pick your guy at QB and a GM that will spend to give you what you need is pretty enticing.

Neither of those guys are keeping any DCs awake at night. But it does give one the freedom to start fresh. 

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:48 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Neither of those guys are keeping any DCs awake at night. But it does give one the freedom to start fresh. 

Disagree Phillip Lindsay is definitely keeping guys awake. Courtland Sutton had a solid year rookie year.
Reply/Quote
Basically, if the team's QB situation is set (at least for the next couple of years), it's a preferable situation.

Cincinnati - set with Andy Dalton for at least the short term
Cleveland - set with Baker Mayfield
Green Bay - set with Aaron Rodgers
New York - set with Sam Darnold

Arizona - you have Josh Rosen, but Christ Alive that team is abysmal
Denver - QB situation is trash
Miami - QB situation is trash
Tampa Bay - QB situation is trash
Reply/Quote

Actually coaches would rather have a QB in place.  They know the draft is a total crap shoot when it comes to QBs.

Of the 25 QBs taken in the first round since 2011 when we got Dalton only FIVE have a better career passer rating than Andy.  11 of the 25 have passer ratings in the 60's and 70's.
Reply/Quote
If I had to rank them:

1. Green Bay (Say whatever you will, Aaron Rodgers > Baker Mayfield)
2. Cleveland
3. New York
4. Cincinnati
5. Denver
6. Miami
7. Tampa Bay
8. Arizona

Cincinnati is, once again, middle of the road.
Reply/Quote
I totally forgot about Miami.

Miami is a mess. There's nothing there to like. It's only slightly ahead of Arizona.

Added a poll.

Reply/Quote
Miami I think is a more favorable job than people give it credit for. I think they are willing to move on from Tannehill down there. Sign Teddy in the off season and they are wild card contenders, heck they were in the wildcard hunt this year. They have some serious talent and speed down there.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually coaches would rather have a QB in place.  They know the draft is a total crap shoot when it comes to QBs.

Of the 25 QBs taken in the first round since 2011 when we got Dalton only FIVE have a better career passer rating than Andy.  11 of the 25 have passer ratings in the 60's and 70's.

I said some. Of course getting Rodgers, Baker or maybe even Darnold would be the ideal situation. But after that who knows what coaches would prefer.

When it comes to QB situations I think the rank would have to be:

1a: Rodgers
1b: Mayfield (he could actually be 1a to some)
3a: Dalton
3b: Darnold (he could actually be 3a to some)

My opinion is that if you don’t get one of those top 2, or sam Darnold, a new coach could possibly be interested in sniffing around for another QB.

A new hire from the outside could make things very interesting around here, as I think you’ll find out real quick their confidence level in Dalton.

Reply/Quote