Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ravens at The Jungle Bengals Predictions
(09-14-2023, 04:01 PM)basballguy Wrote: I'm not giving up on the Bengals but I don't think they bounce back fast enough.  I'm willing to bet it's a more competitive game and Bengals lose something like 27-21.  

I can then see this playing out one of two ways:

Bengals bounce back similar to last year and make the playoffs OR
Bengals continue to struggle for various reasons and the Bengals decide Burrow's calf injury is lingering too much and shut him down for the year (like if we start something like 0-4 or 1-5 or something)

Lol there is absolutely no way Joe Burrow ever gets "shut down" before we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. What are we even talking about here? 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 04:12 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Lol there is absolutely no way Joe Burrow ever gets "shut down" before we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. What are we even talking about here? 

I'm sorry is this not a place where we're allowed to speculate on possible scenarios?

But hey man, you do you.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 04:25 PM)basballguy Wrote: I'm sorry is this not a place where we're allowed to speculate on possible scenarios?

But hey man, you do you.  

If you're going to throw out completely unrealistic scenarios, is this not a place to say it's never going to happen? But your game seems fun, I'll try. If Joe Burrow gets abducted by aliens, would we sign a free agent QB or roll with our back-up?

You don't make somebody the highest player in the NFL and then sit him for the year after 4 or 5 games. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 04:40 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: If you're going to throw out completely unrealistic scenarios, is this not a place to say it's never going to happen? But your game seems fun, I'll try. If Joe Burrow gets abducted by aliens, would we sign a free agent QB or roll with our back-up?

You don't make somebody the highest player in the NFL and then sit him for the year after 4 or 5 games. 

If he's hurt?  You most certainly do.  Are you new to sports?  It happens dude, chill out.

I'm not interested in being right on this nor am I trying to convince you I am.  It happens...I can see it happening with Burrow if the injury lingers and the team struggles hard early season.  

Find someone else to argue with, it's not gonna be me.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 04:56 PM)basballguy Wrote: If he's hurt?  You most certainly do.  Are you new to sports?  It happens dude, chill out.

I'm not interested in being right on this nor am I trying to convince you I am.  It happens...I can see it happening with Burrow if the injury lingers and the team struggles hard early season.  

Find someone else to argue with, it's not gonna be me.  

Sure, they might sit him for a few weeks, but "shutting down" implies you meant for the entire season. Provide an example of a team doing that to their star player that early in the season? It's a calf strain lol. 
Reply/Quote
Maybe we can ask a more positive prediction question....

Who will score the Bengals first TD of the season?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 05:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe we can ask a more positive prediction question....

Who will score the Bengals first TD of the season?

Logan Wilson.
Reply/Quote
The defense will hang in there but it really depends on Burrow, he has to raise his play and emotion as we had into a crucial early second division game... I feel Burrow will move forward from last weeks performance and with a few drives that keep the defense off the field during parts of the game,
the Bengals win a tight one 20 to 17.
Reply/Quote
Wow, Bengals -3.5 betting odds. Sorry, I love my Bengals, but, this is too good to pass up. Take the points.
Reply/Quote
Lots of negative Nellies up in here! I firmly believe that this Bengals team can beat anyone. Bengals win and cover 24 - 20.  Looking like another rainy Sunday so take the under.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 08:56 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Lots of negative Nellies up in here! I firmly believe that this Bengals team can beat anyone. Bengals win and cover 24 - 20.  Looking like another rainy Sunday so take the under.

Can they beat the browns?
Reply/Quote
I think we win a close one. Maybe McPherson wins it at the end and we come out stinkin' like a rose going into what otter be a challenging Monday night game with LA. I'd wager the whole AFC North is 1-1 after this week and we all start talking about how it's a brand spanking new season.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 09:07 PM)lacesout87 Wrote: Can they beat the browns?

Of course. Some seem to conveniently forget they beat the Browns handily in the second game at Paycor last year. I fully expect a repeat this year. It’s not so much the Brownies as it’s the Mistake by the Lake that has Zac teams snakebit.
Reply/Quote
Same play calling as last week:
Ratbirds 22
Bengals 10

Pre snap movement, play action, roll outs, quick slants called:
Bengals 27
Ratbirds 13
Reply/Quote
After getting their arses whipped last week, I think the Bengals will win big this week. Bengals 31 Ravens 23
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
30 - 27 Bengals

Tucker doinks the ball off of the right goal post on a 63 yd last second FG attempt to tie the game, and the Jungle roars with its approval.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 09:07 PM)lacesout87 Wrote: Can they beat the browns?

Are they playing the Browns???
Reply/Quote
Ravens don't have 1 dominant Dlineman do they? All it takes is 1 and the Bengals Oline falls completely apart. You want to know if the Bengals can win or lose. See if the opposing dline has 1 pro bowl/all pro player. If they do it's a loss. It's a shame that all it takes is 1 and it can disrupt the whole Bengals Offense.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2023, 01:42 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: After getting their arses whipped last week, I think the Bengals will win big this week. Bengals 31 Ravens 23

8 points is hardly "big"
Has to be at least 2 scores to be considered that.
Reply/Quote
My opinion they are/were? over confident that they were going to be the team that almost repeated as AFC Champs. It doesn’t work that way. Each year starts from scratch. That coupled with Joe’s issues resulted in a poor performance. I’m afraid this team isn’t ready. I’m not so sure this all falls on Joe. It sure doesn’t on the defense. You’re the hunted now. It is what it is. Ravens 28-17.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote