Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens fired their OC
How many OC's do we go thru before you guys are happy?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because we have a top 10 offense and our same DC had one of the best defenses in the league last year

Even more reason for a shake up, no reason for these guys to perform the way they have.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because we have a top 10 offense and our same DC had one of the best defenses in the league last year

LOL... classic Fred post. Using different criteria for two things in order to determine the result he wants.

Fred's Claim: Top 10 Offense
-Sure, they're the 10th ranked offense in yardage, but they're the 24th ranked offense in scoring. Maybe he just goes by yardage to rank people?

Fred's Claim: One of the best defenses in the league last year

-Continuing his own trend of using yardage as the indicator of who's on top, we find.. oh wait, the Bengals were 11th in yardage last year. He must be refering to their 2nd ranking in points allowed, then. Odd considering he ignored their 24th ranked scoring offense for his claim of top-10 earlier.

The offense this year is either 24th and the defense last year was 2nd, or the offense this year is 10th, and the defense last year was 11th. Choose a criteria for ranking and stick with it, at least in the same post, Fred.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:05 PM)Fresno B Wrote: How many OC's do we go thru before you guys are happy?

I was plenty happy with both Gruden and Hue... I think most people were. Where are you going with this?
Reply/Quote

8th in yards, tied for 20th in points

Ravens were 17th in yards (141 yards less then Bengals), 18th in points (2 more than Bengals).

No reason to get rid of Paulie G, but Zampese should be on thin ice. That said the o-line is the root of the problems with the offense right now coupled with Zampese being a rookie at the job. For example. on that first drive yesterday we started to move the ball. Then out of nowhere he ran that Lafell mini reverse pass that basically just killed the momentum of that drive. Plays like that should be later in the game when defense is wearing down, not part of the scripted first 10-15 plays. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But the guys you want fired were here last year.

I believe that a coaching change would only help if we can bring in better coaches.  There are not a lot of coaches out there that have better track records than what we have now.

BINGO!!!! This is the Bengals problem. Thinking like you Fred. Its like that friend who's girl treats him like shit but he's afraid to dump her fearing there is nobody better.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:09 PM)Millhouse Wrote: 8th in yards, tied for 20th in points

Ravens were 17th in yards (141 yards less then Bengals), 18th in points (2 more than Bengals).

No reason to get rid of Paulie G, but Zampese should be on thin ice. That said the o-line is the root of the problems with the offense right now coupled with Zampese being a rookie at the job. For example. on that first drive yesterday we started to move the ball. Then out of nowhere he ran that Lafell mini reverse pass that basically just killed the momentum of that drive. Plays like that should be later in the game when defense is wearing down, not part of the scripted first 10-15 plays. 

You forgot to check per game on both yards and points. Teams had byes in week 5, so you are comparing 5 games vs 4 games.

10th in ypg, 24th in ppg

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I was plenty happy with both Gruden and Hue... I think most people were. Where are you going with this?

I seen mostly complaints with Gruden and Hue. What Im saying is we tried it already and look where its gotten us.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:11 PM)TKUHL Wrote: BINGO!!!! This is the Bengals problem. Thinking like you Fred. Its like that friend who's girl treats him like shit but he's afraid to dump her fearing there is nobody better.

This is not a good analogy at all.

But the most miserable people I know are the ones who have never had a long term relationship because they are always looking for something better.  

Chaneg just for the sake of change does not fix anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:21 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I seen mostly complaints with Gruden and Hue. What Im saying is we tried it already and look where its gotten us.

Because you only look at the hater posts.

There are some people who complain about everything no matter if it is bad or not.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You forgot to check per game on both yards and points. Teams had byes in week 5, so you are comparing 5 games vs 4 games.

10th in ypg, 24th in ppg

Good point, I forgot about bye weeks. 24th in ppg is bottom 10 of league. That is terrible. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: When you fire an OC mid year you promote from within.....who on this offensive staff do you want being our new OC? You can't bring an outside guy in mid year and change scheme, so if you don't have someone in house you just ride the storm out.

I thought Kyle Caskey was going to be promoted to OC after Hue left, so I'd probably go with him if it had to be someone from the current staff.
But with the state of the running game, that probably wouldn't improve anything....
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:21 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I seen mostly complaints with Gruden and Hue. What Im saying is we tried it already and look where its gotten us.

Both of them did fine jobs with us and are now head coaches. While they admittedly made some questionable play calls, the people who constantly complained about them were complaining for the sake of complaining.

With that said, jury is still out on Zampese. He's clearly handicapped by a horrid offense line with terrible technique. Getting rid of Alexander ASAP would be a great move. 
Reply/Quote
Something the Bengals will NOT do.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not a good analogy at all.

But the most miserable people I know are the ones who have never had a long term relationship because they are always looking for something better.  

Chaneg just for the sake of change does not fix anything.

Its not change just for the Sake of it. This team really needs to be shaken up and to do that they need to change. This franchise is so damn content on mediocrity. I will agree with what someone else has posted on here about changes made mid season so yea I dont think a change right now would help because they promote from within. Not with this staff. But this fear of change is why we missed out on other coaches that could push these players to their full potential. Do you honestly think we are better off now with Marvin than we would be with Zim? Do you think a Zimmer team would act the way this team did in the playoff game last year. I dont think so. At this point this team is a reflection of the head coach and his staff and its showing.
Reply/Quote
I'd say it's change not for the sake of change, but because it's not working. I think Marv is the 2nd longest tenured coach, and the longest tenured coach has 6 Super Bowl appearances with 4 victories. Now I wouldn't fire him without a specific head coach that I felt could do better lined up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I was plenty happy with both Gruden and Hue... I think most people were. Where are you going with this?

Yeah, my only gripe with Gruden was sometimes forgetting he had RBs.  No complaints at all with Hue.  

Hint:  he wants you to blame 14. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Man, this is tough. For me personally I would, again, hold off judgement of Zampese because the O-line is such a problem it all but shuts down the overall effectiveness of any offensive system you try to put in place.

For God sakes Andy is literally running for his life most plays and just hoping either Green, LaFell, Gio or Uzi can gain separation and make a play and hopefully some YAC. Our running game? Outside of a burst here and there is has mainly been vomit inducing and I'll give you a hint on why that is (they're big and play in a three point stance). Hard to move the ball consistently when that is happening. Do I think Zampese is a good or even decent play-caller? I honestly have no idea. I think it is too early to put a label on the guy and again, the O-line is the primary reason why our offense is, shall we say, less than intimidating.

Now Paul Alexander? Next flight out of the Greater Cincinnati area would be ideal.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:32 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Man, this is tough.  For me personally I would, again, hold off judgement of Zampese because the O-line is such a problem it all but shuts down the overall effectiveness of any offensive system you try to put in place.

For God sakes Andy is literally running for his life most plays and just hoping either Green, LaFell, Gio or Uzi can gain separation and make a play and hopefully some YAC.  Our running game?  Outside of a burst here and there is has mainly been vomit inducing and I'll give you a hint on why that is (they're big and play in a three point stance). Hard to move the ball consistently when that is happening.  Do I think Zampese is a good or even decent play-caller?  I honestly have no idea.  I think it is too early to put a label on the guy and again, the O-line is the primary reason why our offense is, shall we say, less than intimidating.

Now Paul Alexander?  Next flight out of the Greater Cincinnati area would be ideal.

Amen brother.....how the hell can you even tell what Zampese can do with this abomination up front?  Not to make light of breast cancer awareness (my grandmother died from it), but October is the perfect month for ol' Ludwig Van and his unit.....pink suits them just fine.

I've never been high on KZ, and I wasn't a big fan of the promotion, but you can't honestly assess his abilities with that dumpster fire up front.  One thing it has shown, is that Dalton is rather mobile, and Gio is a very hard runner.....Hill sometimes too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:05 PM)Fresno B Wrote: How many OC's do we go thru before you guys are happy?

A little perspective here, because since Marvin took over we've fired a single OC and it was after his 10th season with us.  Hell, that isn't even bringing up the fact that we were NOT going to fire him until our QB at the time made a stink about it.  Hell, I can't believe Brat wasn't re-hired once Carson failed to show up to training camp.

So are we really cycling through OCs here, or what?
Reply/Quote