Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens fired their OC
(10-10-2016, 02:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: A little perspective here, because since Marvin took over we've fired a single OC and it was after his 10th season with us.  Hell, that isn't even bringing up the fact that we were NOT going to fire him until our QB at the time made a stink about it.  Hell, I can't believe Brat wasn't re-hired once Carson failed to show up to training camp.

So are we really cycling through OCs here, or what?

How many OC's have we been thru? What is going to change? Simple questions.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, my only gripe with Gruden was sometimes forgetting he had RBs.  No complaints at all with Hue.  

Hint:  he wants you to blame 14. Cool

Hint: i want Marvin and Dalton gone Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:48 PM)Fresno B Wrote: How many OC's have we been thru? What is going to change? Simple questions.

We are on our 4th OC in 15 years.  We only chose to change OC's once in that time-frame.  I'm not saying anything will change, or that change will be better, I'm saying we haven't exactly been churning for change at the position since we only willingly did it once since 2001.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We are on our 4th OC in 15 years.  We only chose to change OC's once in that time-frame.  I'm not saying anything will change, or that change will be better, I'm saying we haven't exactly been churning for change at the position since we only willingly did it once since 2001.

Idc about if it was willingly. We've been thru enough to know that thats not where the problem is. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:07 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Idc about if it was willingly. We've been thru enough to know that thats not where the problem is. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

What?  So you are already sure Zampese is in no way the issue with our offense?  How long do we keep him to find out?  I'm not saying we should fire him, but you've already assured me he isn't the issue an we couldn't do better because...Gruden and Hue got HC jobs?
Reply/Quote
I, for one, would like to see Paul Alexander sent packing. Dude has been putting garbage lines on the field for way too long. No way that dude would have a job with any other team. He stinks.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:12 PM)tenacious-B Wrote: I, for one, would like to see Paul Alexander sent packing. Dude has been putting garbage lines on the field for way too long. No way that dude would have a job with any other team. He stinks.

Someone gets it! ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That's the difference between Mike Brown and pretty much every other owner in the league. Not settling for mediocrity, and holding coaches accountable.

This.
Reply/Quote
If I remember right, but Ravens fired their OC back in 2012 during the season and went on to win the SB that same year. Anyways food for thought for those against any change with coaches during the season.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:50 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Hint: i want Marvin and Dalton gone Cool

I'll agree on Marvin, but no team is going to just hand us a QB any better, and Dalton has developed into a pretty damn good QB, whether you want to admit it or not.

Actually, I'm for gutting the entire staff.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:12 PM)tenacious-B Wrote: I, for one, would like to see Paul Alexander sent packing. Dude has been putting garbage lines on the field for way too long. No way that dude would have a job with any other team. He stinks.

Exactly how close are Mike Brown and Paul Alexander? Anyone have an idea?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Exactly how close are Mike Brown and Paul Alexander? Anyone have an idea?

VERY....

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: VERY....

How so? I've never seen anything on their "work relationship" and always just figured he was too chummy with MB. Like others have stated there's no way this guy would have another job in this league... Hell he'd have trouble keeping a high school job. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Exactly how close are Mike Brown and Paul Alexander? Anyone have an idea?

[Image: 5248%20new.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'll agree on Marvin, but no team is going to just hand us a QB any better, and Dalton has developed into a pretty damn good QB, whether you want to admit it or not.

Actually, I'm for gutting the entire staff.

Let's start with Paul Alexander now, let Marv go at the end of the season, bring back Vance Joseph from Miami to replace him, let him pick his staff and see how things go. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: How so? I've never seen anything on their "work relationship" and always just figured he was too chummy with MB. Like others have stated there's no way this guy would have another job in this league... Hell he'd have trouble keeping a high school job. 

I have heard (seems there were links on the mothership), that he even plays the piano for some of Mike's social engagements, I'm not sure about the validity of that.  PA was given the blessing of McNally, and he and Mike went way back, so it probably has something to do with that as well.

Everyone is right, no one else in the league would be a part of the lost decade and have underachieving units and still be employed.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: I have heard (seems there were links on the mothership), that he even plays the piano for some of Mike's social engagements, I'm not sure about the validity of that.  PA was given the blessing of McNally, and he and Mike went way back, so it probably has something to do with that as well.

Everyone is right, no one else in the league would be a part of the lost decade and have underachieving units and still be employed.

So utterly f*****g pathetic of MB to keep this putz around... Anyone tried throwing garbage on his lawn yet?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:03 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: So utterly f*****g pathetic of MB to keep this putz around... Anyone tried throwing garbage on his lawn yet?

LOL.....got an addy? Wink

Reply/Quote
As I said, if you are going to fire him....you have to go with someone on staff for the season. If you think the whole staff is worthless it makes no difference.
Reply/Quote
I was hoping they'd have handed Alexander a parachute on the team flight home, open an emergency exit, and inform him that his services will no longer be needed.
Reply/Quote