Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reader update
(09-25-2022, 07:10 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Go get SUH

Suh plays 3T, not NT. He could do NT on passing downs, but he's not going to shore things up on run downs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would be a major loss if it is serious, hoping and praying this is not the case

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hubbard sets the edge against the run. I wouldn't want him inside on run downs. 

Point is he can play either if they need him to.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Reader is out I wonder if Hubbard moves inside some and Ossai gets more snaps. Sam is easily the 2nd best defender against the run on the team.

Did Hubbard even play today? Didn’t see him it even hear his name.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/bwKbyGrcjPA

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 07:56 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Probably. He’s serviceable, especially as a stop-gap.

Shelvin? He literally couldn't move in the preseason. Against nfl starters he'll get beat bad.

Has Matthias Askew developed yet? We can run him out there.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 10:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Shelvin? He literally couldn't move in the preseason. Against nfl starters he'll get beat bad.

Has Matthias Askew developed yet? We can run him out there.

Meh. He can take up space for a few downs.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
If there was a free agent DT that could even do 70% of what Reader does he wouldn’t be a free agent.

I’m kinda down for Suh because we needed another interior lineman anyway before DJ even got hurt.

But we just need to accept no one will even come close to what Reader does
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Hopefully it's nothing too serious. I would doubt he plays Thursday. It's not really the Dolphins game to run it a ton so it may not be the worse game for him to miss.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:53 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is the truth.  They were gashing the run after he left.  Tupou is solid, but nobody is Reader.  Too bad Tyler Shelvin didn't pan out...we could have really used him now.  

Tupou is not very good in my book.  I've rewatched all 3 games and out of about 200 plays I'm not sure he's impacted any of them at all .  He's not very explosive n he stays easily blocked  .   We can't afford to be without Reader for very long.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Reader is out I wonder if Hubbard moves inside some and Ossai gets more snaps. Sam is easily the 2nd best defender against the run on the team.

I could see that in pass rush situations but not run downs.  You can't move Reader.  Sam is good against the run because he doesn't give up his outside just to rush the passer (Dunlap).  It will be Tupou but who rotates with him?  Is Shelvin still around?  And not just....round?  
Reply/Quote
Hoping he's back for Thursday, but I wouldn't push it. We can't afford to lose him for the year. He is the heart of the dline.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hoping he's back for Thursday, but I wouldn't push it. We can't afford to lose him for the year. He is the heart of the dline.

Agree and I almost hope they sit him if anything at all is wrong and give him an extra 10 days to get healthy. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:48 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree and I almost hope they sit him if anything at all is wrong and give him an extra 10 days to get healthy. 

Agreed. I love/hate these Thursday games. They are the new MNF for me (just in terms of how much I look forward to them... the Amazon Prime aspect sucks) but they happen so fast. If there's no structural damage Reader should play... but not on four-day turnaround.

Good call to give him an extra 10 days to rest that leg.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 10:36 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Meh. He can take up space for a few downs.

That's the problem, after just a few snaps of filling space in preseason he appeared to be in need of a wheelchair and oxygen tank..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So, what if the team DOES have to fill a potential void if Reader's injury is serious?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/free-agent-defensive-tackles-bengals-can-sign-to-replace-d-j-reader/ar-AA12g1FO?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=caf7369ae84d4f83a26ba5ef21b277c1

Article points toward

Ndomakong Suh - But what kind of deal would he want?

Vernon Butler - Wasn't he a cap casualty?

Malcom Brown - Not sure why he's on the street, was good with NE and NO before not being a good fit with Jags

Zach Kerr - Was on Bengals last season

Star Lotuleiei - Whom they admit is likely not a productive option

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 01:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, what if the team DOES have to fill a potential void if Reader's injury is serious?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/free-agent-defensive-tackles-bengals-can-sign-to-replace-d-j-reader/ar-AA12g1FO?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=caf7369ae84d4f83a26ba5ef21b277c1

Article points toward

Ndomakong Suh - But what kind of deal would he want?

Vernon Butler - Wasn't he a cap casualty?

Malcom Brown - Not sure why he's on the street, was good with NE and NO before not being a good fit with Jags

Zach Kerr - Was on Bengals last season

Star Lotuleiei - Whom they admit is likely not a productive option

We still have Tufele on the active roster...
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 01:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We still have Tufele on the active roster...

Having young guys fill in and get experience works for a short recovery from a minor sprain.  I was just alluding to what IF Reader has to be out an extended period of time?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 07:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I could see that in pass rush situations but not run downs.  You can't move Reader.  Sam is good against the run because he doesn't give up his outside just to rush the passer (Dunlap).  It will be Tupou but who rotates with him?  Is Shelvin still around?  And not just....round?  

You mean MJ.

Dunlap RARELY lost contain and that was one of the reasons why he was so good in run D.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It Reader misses any time at all we have options. BJ is not undersized and could slide to NT in a 4-3 and move folks like Hubbard and Sample to UT. IF we do go outside the team I'd like to see if Linval Joseph has anything left. I also liked Danny Shelton, but he's disappointed to date.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote