Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reader update
(09-27-2022, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: Bad News

Not totally bad news for those of us who braced for "season-ending" news. Quite a few marquee players had season-ending injures so far. 
Reply/Quote
Massive loss. They need a better option than Tupuo or Carter. I knew they were ***** thin on the interior DL going into the season. They never addressed Larry leaving in the off-season and now they are paying for it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:24 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not totally bad news for those of us who braced for "season-ending" news. Quite a few marquee players had season-ending injures so far. 

It's bad news. Guy is the best DT in football at the moment. You are going from an all pro to essentially a practice level guy. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
We're now without the foundation of our front 7. Lou is gonna have to get more creative with things like run stunts for a few weeks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's bad news. Guy is the best DT in football at the moment. You are going from an all pro to essentially a practice level guy. 

There have been some major season-ending injuries, such as Rashawn Slater, Micah Hyde, Jamal Adams, Sterling Shepard, to name a few. If the Bengals are looking at a month plus for Reader, the glass half-full part of me is grateful because he will be back, versus season-ending.
Reply/Quote
I'm not overly worried yet. While you cannot replace a DJ Reader, Topou and Carter are going to have to step up, or they will have to move Hubbard inside and let Ossai or Sample play on the end.
Reply/Quote
Reader is by far our best player on defense. This is a massive loss.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not overly worried yet. While you cannot replace a DJ Reader, Topou and Carter are going to have to step up, or they will have to move Hubbard inside and let Ossai or Sample play on the end.

They had Ossai lined up in readers spot a few times on Sunday...
Reply/Quote
****!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:28 PM)treee Wrote: We're now without the foundation of our front 7. Lou is gonna have to get more creative with things like run stunts for a few weeks.

It's even more important for offense to get off to a good/great start, too. Playing with a lead, especially a multi-TD lead, will minimize the loss of Reader as our defense can focus on stopping the pass more.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Going on IR and will miss at least 4 games. That sucks as I was hoping he might just miss Thursdays game. Big loss for the D
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not overly worried yet. While you cannot replace a DJ Reader, Topou and Carter are going to have to step up, or they will have to move Hubbard inside and let Ossai or Sample play on the end.

we will also get to see how the waiver wire pick up, Jay Tufele can do.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: Bad News

Shit!!!!!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm not as worried against most teams, but he was a major driving force behind the Tenn. and Bmore wins.

We only play Bmore once and the Browns once, so really only 2 teams that are heavy running teams, until the bye (maybe Carolina too).

Just looking at what is being said, I hypothesize that he'll be back after the bye, but of course, I have nothing definitive on that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The Steelers and Cowboys loss hurts because we have less breathing room. The defense carried us in the playoffs and has been good this year. We have some of the best firepower in the league gonna need the offense to score points and carry us some games. Sign a run stuffing NT to backup Tupou , Carter is light for a DT we need some beef up front.
Reply/Quote
There are some decent NT options still in FA that I'd probably bring in for workouts soon.
Reply/Quote
Malcolm Brown would be nice!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
No sure fire way to replace Reader's production at this point. This is bad news.

Hope he heals up fast.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, need a waiver pickup asap.

However, this should mean additional PT for Zach Carter, and I have no doubt he’ll rise to the occasion.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Go get SUH…can’t hurt
Reply/Quote