Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reader update
(09-28-2022, 12:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He played in 61 of 64 possible games as an interior dlineman before joining us. Perhaps we just have different definitions of Ironman 

We must, because anytime someone talks about ironman it's about consecutive starts, of which Reader's record is 18. Or if you want to do games played rather than starts, it's 31. Neither is impressive.

Reader has never been healthy for 2 straight seasons worth of games. That's nowhere close to being an ironman, or there's just ironmen everywhere in the NFL and the title is pretty meaningless.

Even Pat Sims has been healthy and played in 2 whole seasons back-to-back before and nobody is calling him an ironman.

Domata Peko, also an IDL, went 123 straight games started. THAT is an ironman.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We must, because anytime someone talks about ironman it's about consecutive starts, of which Reader's record is 18. Or if you want to do games played rather than starts, it's 31. Neither is impressive.

Reader has never been healthy for 2 straight seasons worth of games. That's nowhere close to being an ironman, or there's just ironmen everywhere in the NFL and the title is pretty meaningless.

Even Pat Sims has been healthy and played in 2 whole seasons back-to-back before and nobody is calling him an ironman.

Domata Peko, also an IDL, went 123 straight games started. THAT is an ironman.

As I said: We have different definitions. You don't consider playing in 61 of 64 possible games an Ironman; I do.

I'm sure you feel yours is correct. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 11:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who is Uzi?  Mellow

Thought he was the TE on the dudes we just played? Mellow

Yeah, I was confused when I saw someone call him that here recently. Only nickname I’ve ever seen for Awuzie is Chido.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 11:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who is Uzi?  Mellow

Thought he was the TE on the dudes we just played? Mellow

Awuzie

The TE was Uzo 

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 10:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well that sucks, but happens to every team.

Every team doesn’t lose its one man army against the run.

This is huge. Reader by himself was run support. That’s out the window now. Trey, and BJ aren’t really super good run support guys. Hubbard is but that’s one guy.

We are gonna struggle defensively for the next month.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 01:19 AM)Housh Wrote: Every team doesn’t lose its one man army against the run.

This is huge. Reader by himself was run support. That’s out the window now. Trey, and BJ aren’t really super good run support guys. Hubbard is but that’s one guy.

We are gonna struggle defensively for the next month.

I'm not saying it's not huge, but teams lose huge contributors across the league. It's when you get a string of them that you are in real trouble.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Awuzie

The TE was Uzo 

No one calls him that, his nickname is Chido
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 11:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I expect Jay Tufele to play for us and expect us to fall off then on run Defense.

Not much positivity brought to this discussion Sled, and we need to win at least 2 of the next 3 games.

Yeah, no doubt this sucks, DJ is one of my favorites. I just don't see them bringing anyone in for 4-6 games. We'll roll with Carter and Tufele, and if need be Shelvin (who is a huge disappointment) Just have to trust in Lou and the DLine coach to make the right moves with what we have. Fortunately, Miami is not.much of a run team.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 06:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Reader by far. The pass rush is middle of the road. The run defense is elite, and it's mainly because of him

Agreed.   Aside from qb, he's probably the most important player on the whole team.   
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I was confused when I saw someone call him that here recently. Only nickname I’ve ever seen for Awuzie is Chido.

Thats what I call him.

(09-28-2022, 12:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Awuzie

The TE was Uzo 

Okay, I understand.

(09-28-2022, 09:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No one calls him that, his nickname is Chido

Yep lol

(09-28-2022, 09:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, no doubt this sucks, DJ is one of my favorites. I just don't see them bringing anyone in for 4-6 games. We'll roll with Carter and Tufele, and if need be Shelvin (who is a huge disappointment) Just have to trust in Lou and the DLine coach to make the right moves with what we have. Fortunately, Miami is not.much of a run team.

Good point on Miami not being much of a run team. Good time to play them for us. Hopefully we get a lead also, so it limits
their play calling and our pass rush can continue to disrupt with Hendrickson, Hubbard, BJ Hill and Cam Sample. Reader was
getting some very good penetration against the interior of the Jets OL too. He will be missed big time no matter how well Jay
Tufele plays. I have no hope for Shelvin as you say he has been a huge disappointment since coming into the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 09:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No one calls him that, his nickname is Chido

I literally just called him that

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 09:23 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not saying it's not huge, but teams lose huge contributors across the league.  It's when you get a string of them that you are in real trouble.

The Charges lost Bosa and Slater. The Bills lost Micah Hyde and two starting cornerbacks. The Jets lost all three of their starting-caliber offensive tackles.  We're not going to get through the season injury free. If Reader can come back after the break, we can just thank our lucky stars and try to find a way to compensate in the meanwhile. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 05:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I literally just called him that

That makes one of you...
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 10:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That makes one of you...
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-AW-UZI?highlight=%22uzi%22

How many is it now?

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-AW-UZI?highlight=%22uzi%22

How many is it now?

Looks like you and Kalibengal. You going through and highlighting UZI in the name Awuzie  does not count for anything. His nickname is Chido, that's what everyone calls him.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 08:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Looks like you and Kalibengal. You going through and highlighting UZI in the name Awuzie  does not count for anything. His nickname is Chido, that's what everyone calls him.

Why does everything have to be like pulling teeth around here with some people.

I referred to him a UZI as I had seen him referred by such in this forum and when informed "no one calls him that" I showed the thread that actually referred to him as UZI. 

I will refer to him however I please. To my knowledge you are not the Nickname Admin on this forum.  But if you were assigned Nickname Admin for a day what would be your criteria of approving it?

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 02:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why does everything have to be like pulling teeth around here with some people.

I referred to him a UZI as I had seen him referred by such in this forum and when informed "no one calls him that" I showed the thread that actually referred to him as UZI. 

I will refer to him however I please. To my knowledge you are not the Nickname Admin on this forum.  But if you were assigned Nickname Admin for a day what would be your criteria of approving it?

None, because IMO forced nicknames are stupid. His whole team knows and refers to him as Chido. Why not just call him that instead of trying to force some other name onto him. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 04:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: None, because IMO forced nicknames are stupid. His whole team knows and refers to him as Chido. Why not just call him that instead of trying to force some other name onto him. 

Pretty sure there's a cloud outside that needs yelled at. 

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure there's a cloud outside that needs yelled at. 

Well give it a silly nickname so I know what to call it when I yell at it..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
Losing Reader hurts. I hope he is back by Thanksgiving.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote