Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reader update
Sign Ndamukong Suh! He’s 35, healthy, and he’ll get the job done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 04:12 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Yeah, need a waiver pickup asap.

However, this should mean additional PT for Zach Carter, and I have no doubt he’ll rise to the occasion.

well the good news on that front is we are no longer 31st in line.  We're in a 8 way tie for 3rd

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 04:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Sign Ndamukong Suh!  He’s 35, healthy, and he’ll get the job done.

Suh is a 3T, not a NT. 
Reply/Quote
I think we probably need to be looking more at a Linval Joseph as our run defense is going to take the biggest hit here.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:24 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not totally bad news for those of us who braced for "season-ending" news. Quite a few marquee players had season-ending injures so far. 

Yeah, that would of sucked if he was out for the season. This is still bad news but not near as bad as it could of been.

(09-27-2022, 02:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's bad news. Guy is the best DT in football at the moment. You are going from an all pro to essentially a practice level guy. 

We will see who we pick up off the waiver wire and as Pally said we aren't 31st anymore.

Linval Joseph would be a perfect fill in at NT for us IMO.

(09-27-2022, 02:39 PM)Nepa Wrote: There have been some major season-ending injuries, such as Rashawn Slater, Micah Hyde, Jamal Adams, Sterling Shepard, to name a few. If the Bengals are looking at a month plus for Reader, the glass half-full part of me is grateful because he will be back, versus season-ending.

Yep.

(09-27-2022, 03:15 PM)pally Wrote: we will also get to see how the waiver wire pick up, Jay Tufele can do.

I like Tufele and our coaches and FO were high on him and wanted to draft him. But I still would like Linval Joseph more.
Reply/Quote
If DJ is only going to be out a matter of weeks, you guys are dreaming, they won't be bringing anyone in on a new contract. Now if he's going to be out for the rest of the season, they probably will.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, that would of sucked if he was out for the season. This is still bad news but not near as bad as it could of been.

We will see who we pick up off the waiver wire and as Pally said we aren't 31st anymore.

Linval Joseph would be a perfect fill in at NT for us IMO.

Yep.

I like Tufele and our coaches and FO were high on him and wanted to draft him. But I still would like Linval Joseph more.

I was hoping I'd see a potentially promising 1 tech on the practice squad but it looks like slim pickings.

I'm gonna check these 34 base teams practice squads, somebody is bound to be hiding a decent one.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Crappy news but I'm not so worried. This team is sink-or-swim around the offense anyway. If they get that phase in gear they'll be alright.

As for the D, they have a lot of playmakers on the edge and in the backfield. This strength inside does become a weakness, don't get me wrong, but it's not like they'll be relying on a one-person fix.

Get better soon, DJ.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Reader is by far our best player on defense. This is a massive loss.

I wouldn't say "by far" Hendrickson and Uzi are quite good
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 04:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think we probably need to be looking more at a Linval Joseph as our run defense is going to take the biggest hit here.

I brought up Linval earlier; I'd also like to see if Danny Shelton can find it here 

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wouldn't say "by far" Hendrickson and Uzi are quite good

Reader by far. The pass rush is middle of the road. The run defense is elite, and it's mainly because of him
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Rennell Wren, who knows the defense, is sitting on the Steelers practice squad. Of course, he is snake bit with injuries. But he is an option as a back up

Reply/Quote
per @MikeGarafolo.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-star-defensive-tackle-dj-reader-expected-to-land-on-injured-reserve#:~:text=The%2028%2Dyear%2Dold%20is,miss%20at%20least%20four%20games.

Bengals got lucky dodging the injury bug, last season - looks like that luck has run out.
Reply/Quote
Well that sucks, but happens to every team.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Dude was an ironman before he came here. Hopefully he's back after the bye.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, if it were up to me I'd be in no rush to bring him back. Guys who miss chunks of the season rarely come back as effective as they were. I know there are exceptions but it's hard to ramp up to speed in the second half, period, forget about doing it while you're still nursing an injury. If the diagnosis is 4-6 weeks, I'd give him 8-10, especially this early in the year and with a contending team that can hold their own in the meantime. That way at least the physical healing will be complete by the time he comes back, and he'll just have to work up his cardio (which is enough of an undertaking).

I understand that's not a popular opinion, but I guess I'm more worried about January and February than I am the middle of November.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 05:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If DJ is only going to be out a matter of weeks, you guys are dreaming, they won't be bringing anyone in on a new contract. Now if he's going to be out for the rest of the season, they probably will.

I expect Jay Tufele to play for us and expect us to fall off then on run Defense.

Not much positivity brought to this discussion Sled, and we need to win at least 2 of the next 3 games.

(09-27-2022, 05:50 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: I was hoping I'd see a potentially promising 1 tech on the practice squad but it looks like slim pickings.

I'm gonna check these 34 base teams practice squads, somebody is bound to be hiding a decent one.

We need a NT with DJ going down for a bit. Tufele fits the description a bit but Linval Joseph has been a stud in the
league for a while and is the perfect pick up to help diffuse the loss of DJ for a bit.

I just hate having a border line roster player to depend on with the loss of a top tier NFL player at his roster spot.

(09-27-2022, 05:53 PM)tms Wrote: Crappy news but I'm not so worried. This team is sink-or-swim around the offense anyway. If they get that phase in gear they'll be alright.

As for the D, they have a lot of playmakers on the edge and in the backfield. This strength inside does become a weakness, don't get me wrong, but it's not like they'll be relying on a one-person fix.

Get better soon, DJ.

If the Offense in the playbook, playcalling, O-Line and chemistry get on track soon?

Yeah. But that is a big IF.

I am worried unless we see something decent from Tupou or another NT soon. 

(09-27-2022, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wouldn't say "by far" Hendrickson and Uzi are quite good

Who is Uzi?  Mellow

Thought he was the TE on the dudes we just played? Mellow

(09-27-2022, 06:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I brought up Linval earlier; I'd also like to see if Danny Shelton can find it here 

Shelton, that would be cool too if he still has somethin'...

(09-27-2022, 07:06 PM)pally Wrote: Rennell Wren, who knows the defense, is sitting on the Steelers practice squad.  Of course, he is snake bit with injuries.  But he is an option as a back up

Eh, Mount Wren is more of a Suh that plays like Jane, no thanks.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 11:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude was an ironman before he came here. Hopefully he's back after the bye.

He missed games in 2 of his 4 seasons and in one of his 2 healthy years only reached 50% of the snaps in 4 games. Hardly an ironman.

They do need him back, though, and hopefully sooner than later.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 11:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He missed games in 2 of his 4 seasons and in one of his 2 healthy years only reached 50% of the snaps in 4 games. Hardly an ironman.

They do need him back, though, and hopefully sooner than later.

He played in 61 of 64 possible games as an interior dlineman before joining us. Perhaps we just have different definitions of Ironman 

Reply/Quote