Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reader update

I guess no news is good news? If it was something significant you’d think they’d already know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 04:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
I guess no news is good news? If it was something significant you’d think they’d already know.

The last line from Kelsey is promising or gamesmanship...I'm an optimist so I'll go with promising

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
No reason to let Miami know anything yet.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 01:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You mean MJ.

Dunlap RARELY lost contain and that was one of the reasons why he was so good in run D.

To be fair, Dunlap was really good early on.  Later, right before he left (so the last impression), he wasn't assignment based at all.  
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: To be fair, Dunlap was really good early on.  Later, right before he left (so the last impression), he wasn't assignment based at all.  

If you mean 2020, then his shitty attitude reared and I think we all acknowledge he wasn't, not sabotaging, but not playing his assignments correctly on purpose.

That doesn't factor in for me though; for ATTITUDE, yes, it shows he was shitty, but it doesn't take away from his run D ability.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 12:21 PM)tms Wrote: Agreed. I love/hate these Thursday games. They are the new MNF for me (just in terms of how much I look forward to them... the Amazon Prime aspect sucks) but they happen so fast. If there's no structural damage Reader should play... but not on four-day turnaround.

Good call to give him an extra 10 days to rest that leg.

But, what about the business decisions, man?
Reply/Quote
I remember years ago where Joe Flacco himself then with the Ravens said Thursday night games were an injury disaster waiting to happen or close to that and that players didn't have enough time to heal and re-group like a full week gives them.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 04:47 PM)pally Wrote:  The last line from Kelsey is promising or gamesmanship...I'm an optimist so I'll go with promising

Alright, this also makes me feel better. Can't be an ACL or we would of already known. Players can still walk on a torn ACL as I 
still remember when Leon tore his and it didn't look as bad as it actually was. I saw DJ on the sideline walking around so I am 
just hoping we took him out as a precaution as we had the game in hand anyways at that time. Good to get Tupou some snaps 
in as well. But we need DJ, he just might be the best NT in the NFL, even better than Vita Vea, saying a lot but could be true. 
Reply/Quote
They need Reader but if there’s any pain/risk at all they should let him rest it due to the short week.

Flacco is right about the Thursday games. They are awesome for fans because we get a mid week game but for the Bengals I would be happy if they had all Sunday games and maybe one on Monday night.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 12:38 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: They need Reader but if there’s any pain/risk at all they should let him rest it due to the short week.

Flacco is right about the Thursday games. They are awesome for fans because we get a mid week game but for the Bengals I would be happy if they had all Sunday games and maybe one on Monday night.

I'm amazed the player association hasn't mandated a move away from Thursday night games.   They should get rid of them.  Monday night is hard enough on players.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 01:10 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm amazed the player association hasn't mandated a move away from Thursday night games.   They should get rid of them.  Monday night is hard enough on players.

The PA tells you how much they care about the player until those hundreds of million/billion $ walk into the door.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 01:10 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm amazed the player association hasn't mandated a move away from Thursday night games.   They should get rid of them.  Monday night is hard enough on players.

The players love them because they can have a long weekend. They hate them on Monday but love them come Friday
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
No way the Thursday Night Games go away. The amount of money that comes in on that extra night of football is shared by all the teams and goes right into player contracts. Cut the revenue and watch the big time contracts disappear. the NFLPA is not going to do that.
Reply/Quote
Bad News

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: Bad News

Hopefully it's only a few weeks. Bad news though. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Will be out indefinitely with a chance to return later in the year
Reply/Quote
Yep. The Bengals always downplay injuries then the news is much worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Hopefully it's only a few weeks. Bad news though. 

Mik Garafolo of NFLN just reported it as a month +  If he has an MCL sprain it is usually about a 6 week recovery time

Reply/Quote
Rat spit....
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: Bad News

Bummer.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote