Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Realists Unite
(01-03-2022, 02:54 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Did you know that since the bye week, Eli Apple’s PFF pass coverage grade is 1st in the NFL?

Did you know that since the bye week, he leads the league in passer rating against? That he leads the league in opponent catch rate?

He was actually really improved even before the bye week, having a rough go of things in just the first few games. He’s been vital to the secondary, starting all but one game, and probably playing just as well as Awuzie over the whole year…maybe even better.

If you won’t change your opinion on him, at least admit that it’s due to earlier opinions and bias, and not due to actual on-field results.

Oh I wholeheartedly admit there’s bias. I had to listen to weekly rants from my Giants friends on him….so I definitely got some confirmation bias at the beginning of the season….but

I can cherry pick stats too….but without turning this into an Eli Apple thread….I’ll say if he’s that good by PFF then why do they still rank him 116/117 cornerbacks (before today)? It’s because there’s more to playing the position….

Don’t get me wrong (and I’ve said this in other threads)…I’m pleased with how he has played the last several weeks….and by that I mean I’m pleased he hasn’t cost us any games…but you might be drinking too much koolaid.

Also any rando can rate games for PFF….it’s not like they’re hiring seasoned analysts….game rating is an entry level position for them…any one of us could do it with light training.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: All joking aside Zac made horrible decision at the end of the game and got bailed out by the refs.

There is a reason Zac coaches in the NFL and you do what you do. Show us the facts that was a bad decision.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:16 AM)sandwedge Wrote: There is a reason Zac coaches in the NFL and you do what you do. Show us the facts that was a bad decision.

Since when are fans not allowed to critique?

1) we didn’t score a td.
2) it got Joe burrow hurt

I appreciate the aggression….I just wish it wasn’t qb sneaks…..

but the same way Fred says it’s bad play calling is the same way someone can say it’s good play calling. Just because you don’t agree doesn’t make him wrong
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:26 AM)basballguy Wrote: Since when are fans not allowed to critique?  

1) we didn’t score a td.

but the same way Fred says it’s bad play calling is the same way someone can say it’s good play calling.  Just because you don’t agree doesn’t make him wrong
What is there to belly ache about? Zac had a reason to do what he did and the team responds. 
1) We kicked a FG and kept the KC offense on the sideline. Again we won..
2) Burrow is alright.

But hey, lets keep complaining about Zac..... sorry if that's offends you....lol
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now I know a lot of the blind homers around here call us “haters” but we just work hard to keep it real. WTS, these last couple weeks and the fact we’ve locked up the AFC North will make these homers all the more less realistic. We must act.

Zac: Now that he’s led us to a division crown in his 3rd year at the helm, these homers will want to keep him around; what can we do to nip that in the bud? Should we keep harping on the struggles of his first 2 years or focus more on this year’s Jets/Bears games?

Division Title: Should we let them know that the other teams in our division are “real” winners and will soon put us back in the cellar or assert they are over-rated and ANY non-AFC North team would have won this division?

Ja”Marr over Penei: Now any realists will tell you Oline was the way to go in RD 1 but the rookie season Chase has put together will cloud their rational judgement. Do we point to the average seasons some other rookie olinemen are having or focus on how Ja’Marr is hurting Tee’s/Tyler’s production.

Poor personnel decisions: Of course we still have Waynes to keep these homers kinda centered, but I fear the performances of the likes of Hendrickson, Hill, Ogunjobi, Awuzie, Apple, and others will lead them to thinking this FO is making good decisions. What can we do; is it too far in the past to remind folks of Antonio Bryant?

C’Mon fellas I need help. If we’re not proactive the homers will take over this forum.

I got it….PLAYOFFS..

Good Sarcasm Post.

I'm not a big fan of sarcasm, but I'm very happy over Bengals Winning AFC North, so its all good. 

Oh Yes, the Realists vs The Homers that goes back to the Bengals.com days when many of us were there before it closed it's forum. 

Well, I was always called a Homer, especially when in 2012 at bye week, I said Bengals could still make play-offs. Which they did.  Oh Yes, the people who rooted against the Bengals called themselves Realists. Anyone stupid enough to root for The Bengals were called a Homer. The Realists NEVER posted after a Bengals Win, only after a Bengals loss.  So there will be few Realists after todays win over Chiefs to WIN THE AFC NORTH.  They will put their 1001 Insult Joke Book from the store away for another day. However I do already see the Gloom and Doom of Negative Realists already posting their dread and doom for The Bengals going forward, because it is What They Do. They are a One Trick Pony.  Negative is all they've got.  Well, lets face it, some are fans of other teams.  

So good  Sarcasm  , and I proudly say to The Realists that Yes, I am a Dancing and GO  Tiger and  Who Dey

And Fred, Come On Man. Try to find some Joy in winning the AFC North. Always remember Joy, Faith. Hope and Charity. 4 Gals that are fun to take out on a date.....GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:37 AM)sandwedge Wrote: What is there to belly ache about? Zac had a reason to do what he did and the team responds. 
1) We kicked a FG and kept the KC offense on the sideline. Again we won..
2) Burrow is alright.

But hey, lets keep complaining about Zac..... sorry if that's offends you....lol

I think you missed the point but it’s ok. Nobody’s offended. We’re all happy for the W :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:24 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: First rookie TE to cross 1k yards in 60 years. It’s really impressive to think that no matter who we selected there out of those three would have been a stud right off the bat. Thankfully, it appears we picked the biggest stud.

Trading down could have landed us Slater + Parsons/Waddle.  

There were nothing but absolute studs all around. But the Chase pick really helped Burrow. On the field, but emotionally bonding him with the franchise.  Ee went and got his guy. 

I knew Chase would be good, but this is off the charts. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:16 AM)sandwedge Wrote: There is a reason Zac coaches in the NFL and you do what you do. Show us the facts that was a bad decision.

Uh, the play he called failed. If not for a penalty by a defender we would have given Mahommes a chance to win with a FG in regulation.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, the play he called failed. If not for a penalty by a defender we would have given Mahommes a chance to win with a FG in regulation.

It woulda been a td had that db not grabbed and turned Boyd's helmet.  That's why the throw was off.. Anyone could see this. I love the play call and aggression... It worked out so it was a great choice by Zac. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, the play he called failed. If not for a penalty by a defender we would have given Mahommes a chance to win with a FG in regulation.

If not for a penalty by the defender, do we know that it would not have been a successful play?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:16 AM)basballguy Wrote: I’m pleased he hasn’t cost us any games…but you might be drinking too much koolaid.

Maybe I’m propping him a bit too much.

He’s just one of those players who seems to be playing well, there is some solid statistical evidence to show it, and everyone still seems to be down on him.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for the back up fellas. My fear is that these unrealistic blind homers will infiltrate the Gameday thread and try to tell us:

The game is not over when we fall behind 0-7

The defense didn't collapse when we give up a FG in a half

That everyone on the coaching staff shouldn't be fired when we fall behind

That we're a real team

That's the best part is only a few posting in the GD thread understand that. They actually believe people when they say the game is over being down 0-7, of course which is different than being down 0-24, statistically speaking.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've only had to sit through 30 years of frustrating football to feel this joy.  I almost wish I had to wait 50 years to feel it so it would feel more joyous.

Also, I'm concerned that the team will have trouble keeping talent when Burrow signs his 15 year, 2.5 billion dollar contract soon.

Oh, one more...I have to wait until 2028 before I can laugh in Steeler fan faces because we have more SBs than them.

If he wants rings, he'll have to take a play out of the Brady playbook and get his money elsewhere (outside his NFL contract). Didn't Brady take a paycut for a while?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:26 AM)basballguy Wrote: Since when are fans not allowed to critique?  

1) we didn’t score a td.

but the same way Fred says it’s bad play calling is the same way someone can say it’s good play calling.  Just because you don’t agree doesn’t make him wrong

You can't critique in this forum, especially not in the GD thread, homers only. Get used to it, since there will be a lot of bandwagonners coming to join them lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 1 TD in 16 games though…

I can’t wrap my head around that.

The Falcons offense is just horrible. 

They get close and kick FGs or use gimmick plays with Patterson.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:06 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The Falcons offense is just horrible. 

They get close and kick FGs or use gimmick plays with Patterson.

But Matt Ryan! And then their former kicker Matt Bryant, who has phonetically nearly the same name so it always sounds like their QB is about to kick the FG
Reply/Quote
Good thing Burrow has 3 talented WRs where he can just lob it and have them do the work catching the ball. ha!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now I know a lot of the blind homers around here call us “haters” but we just work hard to keep it real. WTS, these last couple weeks and the fact we’ve locked up the AFC North will make these homers all the more less realistic. We must act.

Zac: Now that he’s led us to a division crown in his 3rd year at the helm, these homers will want to keep him around; what can we do to nip that in the bud? Should we keep harping on the struggles of his first 2 years or focus more on this year’s Jets/Bears games?

Division Title: Should we let them know that the other teams in our division are “real” winners and will soon put us back in the cellar or assert they are over-rated and ANY non-AFC North team would have won this division?

Ja”Marr over Penei: Now any realists will tell you Oline was the way to go in RD 1 but the rookie season Chase has put together will cloud their rational judgement. Do we point to the average seasons some other rookie olinemen are having or focus on how Ja’Marr is hurting Tee’s/Tyler’s production.

Poor personnel decisions: Of course we still have Waynes to keep these homers kinda centered, but I fear the performances of the likes of Hendrickson, Hill, Ogunjobi, Awuzie, Apple, and others will lead them to thinking this FO is making good decisions. What can we do; is it too far in the past to remind folks of Antonio Bryant?

C’Mon fellas I need help. If we’re not proactive the homers will take over this forum.

I got it….PLAYOFFS..

WIN A PLAYOFF GAME AND WE'LL START BELIEVING!  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Gosh it must be miserable to go through life looking for the negative in everything.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:49 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You can't critique in this forum, especially not in the GD thread, 

This is all you do.  In fact you are famous for it.  And there are others like you.

So why do you say it can't be done.
Reply/Quote