Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Realists Unite
(01-03-2022, 11:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Good thing I don't.

But life would also be miserable if you had zero critical ability.  Luckily I am able to form opinions based on analysis instaed of just "picking one side".  That is why I was defending Zac's call to run the ball on third down on our final play against the Niners.  If I was a "blind homer" or a "blind hater" I would not be able to criticize Zac on some calls and agree with him on others.

Good news boys, this isn't exclusive to toasty. You too have the ability to think critically! You can even have an ambiguous label attached to you such as "blind homer" or "blind hater" and still exercise your critical thinking skills.  Yawn
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:38 PM)Synric Wrote: To this day I will continue with Pitts>Chase>Sewell with Chase being the best over all fit/need.

You still got pitts over chase?  Does he block like Joe Thomas or some shit?  Cuz I'm pretty sure after a year in the league, chase the one about to win ROY.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
I’ll play.

I was mostly Team Sewell but I was close to fully converting to Team Chase by the draft and was genuinely excited to have him.

I’ll say it and take what comes - I am not fully sold on Zac Taylor. That last minute hootenanny at the goal line ended up gloriously but was a strategic mess and easily, soooo easily could have been a classic Bungle wet fart. If one tiny little thing broke differently he’d be on his way to the nearest Kentucky Holler in a panel van driven by most of the folks in here hyper-extending shoulders by patting themselves on the backs and straining white people muscles attempting to dance the Griddy. But he and Callahan mostly called an exquisite game yesterday, and I am closer to buying than I was 6 weeks ago. A playoff win will seal it for me.

Lou has been a good coordinator. Much better than expected. D itself needs some help
along the line, probably another LB and much, much less Trae Waynes.

OL is a rotting, gaping mess and needs to be the focus of the off-season. This isn’t some brilliant insight.

Team has outperformed my expectations and I am thrilled.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Can't just be happy with a win and division title, can we?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can't just be happy with a win and division title, can we?

Agreed, let's be happy where we're at and safe the offseason free agency period and draft to discuss a need for OL (they are needed).
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can't just be happy with a win and division title, can we?

Not when there is a message board opp to fire out an “I Told Thee Thus!” and claim the High Ground.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can't just be happy with a win and division title, can we?

I think everyone is super stoked.

You just have everyone on posting about everything, so there are bound to be some varying viewpoints.

Really, this might be the least amount of discord I’ve ever seen here.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:41 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Not when there is a message board opp to fire out an “I Told Thee Thus!” and claim the High Ground.

Unfortunately, you're correct. Some people, it appears, come here to not talk about the Bengals, but rather are motivated about being right and go out of their way to let it be known. I don't get it, but oh well.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can't just be happy with a win and division title, can we?

Look at how many people wanted to fire Marvin for just winning the division.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:43 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Unfortunately, you're correct. Some people, it appears, come here to not talk about the Bengals, but rather are motivated about being right and go out of their way to let it be known. I don't get it, but oh well.

The guy who just made a post that has zero to do with football doesn't get it?

Oh the irony.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The guy who just made a post that has zero to do with football doesn't get it?

Oh the irony.

My words must bother your fragile ego. You replying is what's ironic.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:42 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I think everyone is super stoked.

You just have everyone on posting about everything, so there are bound to be some varying viewpoints.

Really, this might be the least amount of discord I’ve ever seen here.

I guess everyone has different reactions to being super stoked.

Some say "wow this team is amazing!".

While others make passive-aggressive sarcasm drenched threads to stick it to those negative nancy GameDay posters. Nothing says "Who-Dey" more than that. Mellow

I like bfine. Just don't think this is the time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I guess everyone has different reactions to being super stoked.

Some say "wow this team is amazing!".

While others make passive-aggressive sarcasm drenched threads to stick it to those negative nancy GameDay posters. Nothing says "Who-Dey" more than that. Mellow

I like bfine. Just don't think this is the time.

Honestly some of the post and posters this past year plus make me realize, WJIII may have been more correct then anyone wanted to admit with his analysis of the fans.

I said this multiple weeks ago, the Bengals could win the Super Bowl and there would still be people complaining about how they won or that they didn't win by enough or now we are stuck with this coach or....

Just need to add in now that when the Bengals win the I told you so crowd out posts the good team win crowd.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Look at how many people wanted to fire Marvin for just winning the division.

I've always said that what fans deem "success" heavily relies on progression.

You have parroted this as well, in the past.

Marv winning the division in his 13th year and losing his 7th straight playoff game isn't going to hit the same as Zac winning the division in his 3rd year.

Hence why Marvin had much more goodwill in 2005 than he had in 2015. He hadn't taken that next step. The division title WAS the next step for Zac. If he sticks around another decade and goes 0-7 in the playoffs, people will hate the guy.
Reply/Quote

If we would have lost out and the Steelers won the AFC-N do you think folks would have brought it up or could we just be happy with a winning season. 

When we lose we have folks starting all kinds of threads about how: "See, I told you so; I'm a fan, but I've got to be realistic".

Well as it seems those that were optimistic all season were the realists, not the ones that complained all season.

So you'll have to excuse me and others who waded through all the BS if we provide a retort. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've always said that what fans deem "success" heavily relies on progression.

You have parroted this as well, in the past.

Marv winning the division in his 13th year and losing his 7th straight playoff game isn't going to hit the same as Zac winning the division in his 3rd year.

Hence why Marvin had much more goodwill in 2005 than he had in 2015. He hadn't taken that next step. The division title WAS the next step for Zac. If he sticks around another decade and goes 0-7 in the playoffs, people will hate the guy.

This, so much this.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we would have lost out and the Steelers won the AFC-N do you think folks would have brought it up or could we just be happy with a winning season. 

When we lose we have folks starting all kinds of threads about how: "See, I told you so; I'm a fan, but I've got to be realistic".

Well as it seems those that were optimistic all season were the realists, not the ones that complained all season.

So you'll have to excuse me and others who waded through all the BS if we provide a retort. 

If that happened I wouldn’t have been able to look at this forum until draft season. I already typically avoid the game day thread because that crap. And I try not to look here much after losses either.

I even have to cringe when I check the game day thread while we’re winning because of how unreasonable and unbearable some are….so yeah I think it’s fine to give them a little taste of their own medicine. At least they get to take this with a nice big glass of division championship.

Maybe, just maybe it’ll lead to one less ridiculous poster going crazy around here for a while when things get a little tough. If so this was a successful thread ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 07:07 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If that happened I wouldn’t have been able to look at this forum until draft season. I already typically avoid the game day thread because that crap. And I try not to look here much after losses either.

I even have to cringe when I check the game day thread while we’re winning because of how unreasonable and unbearable some are….so yeah I think it’s fine to give them a little taste of their own medicine. At least they get to take this with a nice big glass of division championship.

Maybe, just maybe it’ll lead to one less ridiculous poster going crazy around here for a while when things get a little tough. If so this was a successful thread ThumbsUp
Yes, there's a huge contingent of "realists" on this message board that will remind you every week how real they are; often times even after a win. 

The game day thread is a lost cause and that's sad.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, the play he called failed. If not for a penalty by a defender we would have given Mahommes a chance to win with a FG in regulation.

The intent of the play was to:
Score a TD or get a 1st down
We got a 1st down so play call 100% worked.

Failure is defense stopped us legally. they did not. KC failed and lost the game
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 09:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, there's a huge contingent of "realists" on this message board that will remind you every week how real they are; often times even after a win. 

The game day thread is a lost cause and that's sad.

It finally got too unbearable for me this season. Vowed to stay out of them during the games, and I couldn’t be happier with that decision. The really sad things is it’s literally the same handful of people that ruin them every single week.

Reply/Quote