Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Realists Unite
(01-03-2022, 11:11 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Gosh it must be miserable to go through life looking for the negative in everything.

Good thing I don't.

But life would also be miserable if you had zero critical ability.  Luckily I am able to form opinions based on analysis instaed of just "picking one side".  That is why I was defending Zac's call to run the ball on third down on our final play against the Niners.  If I was a "blind homer" or a "blind hater" I would not be able to criticize Zac on some calls and agree with him on others.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for the back up fellas. My fear is that these unrealistic blind homers will infiltrate the Gameday thread and try to tell us:

The game is not over when we fall behind 0-7

The defense didn't collapse when we give up a FG in a half

That everyone on the coaching staff shouldn't be fired when we fall behind

That we're a real team

Hot damn you were on a roll last night brother....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:58 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Yeah man, the opposition gets baited in to dumb shit penalties when you ball on them all game. Burrow and the receivers forced those dudes to commit penalties.

Exactly how I see it. I think the mentality there is, "you can't beat all three of our WRs", so we're just gonna do what we want, and the only way you can beat them is if the refs allow you to get away with a penalty. Kinda like Hendrickson forcing so many holding calls.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: Exactly how I see it. I think the mentality there is, "you can't beat all three of our WRs", so we're just gonna do what we want, and the only way you can beat them is if the refs allow you to get away with a penalty. Kinda like Hendrickson forcing so many holding calls.

Only problem with this theory is that the Chiefs defense had already stopped our receivers on multiple third down plays over the course of the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:26 AM)basballguy Wrote: Since when are fans not allowed to critique?  

1) we didn’t score a td.
2) it got Joe burrow hurt

I appreciate the aggression….I just wish it wasn’t qb sneaks…..

but the same way Fred says it’s bad play calling is the same way someone can say it’s good play calling.  Just because you don’t agree doesn’t make him wrong

You're exactly right critiquing, but Joe wasn't really hurt, he was dancing in the locker room post game. 

Now, as to the going for it on 4th down, take a listen to what Cowher and Boomer had to say about it. Their position was exactly mine. Don't give Mahommes ANY time.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:40 AM)kevin Wrote: Good Sarcasm Post.

I'm not a big fan of sarcasm, but I'm very happy over Bengals Winning AFC North, so its all good. 

Oh Yes, the Realists vs The Homers that goes back to the Bengals.com days when many of us were there before it closed it's forum. 

Well, I was always called a Homer, especially when in 2012 at bye week, I said Bengals could still make play-offs. Which they did.  Oh Yes, the people who rooted against the Bengals called themselves Realists. Anyone stupid enough to root for The Bengals were called a Homer. The Realists NEVER posted after a Bengals Win, only after a Bengals loss.  So there will be few Realists after todays win over Chiefs to WIN THE AFC NORTH.  They will put their 1001 Insult Joke Book from the store away for another day. However I do already see the Gloom and Doom of Negative Realists already posting their dread and doom for The Bengals going forward, because it is What They Do. They are a One Trick Pony.  Negative is all they've got.  Well, lets face it, some are fans of other teams.  

So good  Sarcasm  , and I proudly say to The Realists that Yes, I am a Dancing and GO  Tiger and  Who Dey

And Fred, Come On Man.  Try to find some Joy in winning the AFC North.  Always remember Joy, Faith. Hope and Charity. 4 Gals that are fun to take out on a date.....GO BENGALS

Funny thing....I was called a realist on the old board, now some would call me a Homer. 

I say I'm still a realist....but whatevs....lol.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hot damn you were on a roll last night brother....lol.

I may or may not have celebrated the victory with a few Natty Lights.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Only problem with this theory is that the Chiefs defense had already stopped our receivers on multiple third down plays over the course of the game.

Predominantly in the first half though. They got on a roll toward the end of the 2nd quarter and never really got off of it.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:50 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You're exactly right critiquing, but Joe wasn't really hurt, he was dancing in the locker room post game. 

Now, as to the going for it on 4th down, take a listen to what Cowher and Boomer had to say about it. Their position was exactly mine. Don't give Mahommes ANY time.

I’ll dig out what they said….I totally support going for it and appreciate it! I just didn’t like the playcall of qb sneaks. My zero years of coaching experience would’ve tried to run anyone but burrow. I mean I know he’s fine but he clearly was limping and he did say he tweaked it a little. (I know he also said it was good enough)

It’s a W….it’s a division title. We are all happy….
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I may or may not have celebrated the victory with a few Natty Lights.

I also drank a bunch of water after the game
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Good thing I don't.

But life would also be miserable if you had zero critical ability.  Luckily I am able to form opinions based on analysis instaed of just "picking one side".  That is why I was defending Zac's call to run the ball on third down on our final play against the Niners.  If I was a "blind homer" or a "blind hater" I would not be able to criticize Zac on some calls and agree with him on others.

Fred keeps it real
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I would think even Zac's harshest critics would say he deserves another season now
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:02 PM)basballguy Wrote: I’ll dig out what they said….I totally support going for it and appreciate it!  I just didn’t like the playcall of qb sneaks. My zero years of coaching experience would’ve tried to run anyone but burrow.   I mean I know he’s fine but he clearly was limping and he did say he tweaked it a little.  (I know he also said it was good enough)

It’s a W….it’s a division title.  We are all happy….

Yessir, we are. The good thing is, it wasn't the repaired knee. He apparently tweaked it against the Chargers, and aggravated it a touch yesterday.

I dunno what ZT was thinking, but my thought process there is....you rarely lose many yards on a sneak, and there is the possibility of fumbling the exchange on the hand-off, or *gasp* you have another Hill scenario play out.  Zac had a pretty good explanation in his presser about all of that if you're interested....bit he never said why he chose the sneak, or didn't say much about it if he did. I'm just going with how I would've approached that situation.

Fwiw, he tweaked the knee on the rollout during the pass play that drew a flag.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: All joking aside Zac made horrible decision at the end of the game and got bailed out by the refs.

I liked the call Zac made.It created more drama.As a matter of fact,even more drama and chaos than I expected.I was thinking Quarterback sneak,but don’t try to score, before he even made the call,of course,to eat up Some clock,and keep Patrick Mahomes off the field.I thought it was pretty cool.Of course,I agree,it could have backfired,and it almost did,had it not been for the penalties.
Reply/Quote
Ok.My cynical side is coming out.The Bengals need to go all out and fix this OL this offseason,regardless of what it takes.That means going after pro bowl Offensive Linemen That are already proven,and Not drafting one single O-lineman in the draft.This problem should be priority #1 moving forward.

Can you imagine how good Burrow and this Offense could be with a top notch OL? Or, even an OL comparable to the Kansas City Chiefs? Enough of this this nonsense already,trying to patchwork this OL.Get it done.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, the play he called failed. If not for a penalty by a defender we would have given Mahommes a chance to win with a FG in regulation.

I still respect the decision to go for it on 4th there. It would have been a tied game but the Chiefs would have had to drive around 70 yards from the half yard line in 40 seconds with zero time outs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 1 TD in 16 games though…

I can’t wrap my head around that.

Wow, I never wouldve guessed that
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:20 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I liked the call Zac made.It created more drama.As a matter of fact,even more drama and chaos than I expected.I was thinking Quarterback sneak,but don’t try to score, before he even made the call,of course,to eat up Some clock,and keep Patrick Mahomes off the field.I thought it was pretty cool.Of course,I agree,it could have backfired,and it almost did,had it not been for the penalties.

They were 100% trying to score on the QB sneaks.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:09 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I would think even Zac's harshest critics would say he deserves another season now

This was without a doubt the single biggest statement game yet this year.  I was sick all weekend and only had a chance to turn the game on for the last 5 minutes (I'll be re-watching later in the week as soon as I can), but beating a team like the Chiefs, at home, late in the season, clinching the division on the line?  That to me made much more of an impact than any other win this year, and showed that the team can show up when they need to.  It's been concerning to watch their rollercoaster all year.  But winning that game yesterday to me showed they're capable of winning a playoff game.  

And emotions running high when they got that ball through the uprights yesterday?  I'm craving the emotions of the team winning a playoff game.  It'll be insane how the fanbase reacts. 
Reply/Quote
Realists unite? Is that anything similar to "Wondertwin powers, ACTIVATE"?? Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote