Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reason Tyler Boyd isn’t a Steeler yet.
Saw an unsubstantiated report that said Pittsburg has a 2-year/10M offer in to Boyd that Boyd isn’t signing yet.

Where I saw it is admittedly not credible but that figure makes sense at least as a starting point.

He’s definitely not in 3 years/21M territory and i think he’s also not at 1 year deal status just yet. 2 years seems right but i thought he get closer to 12-14M. If Pittsburg is only offering 10M i don’t see why we wouldn’t match that unless we have completely moved on and trust Charlie Jones.

Boyd fell off a tad last year but still had great hands and routes.

If the asking price is 10M over 2 years i don’t see how that deal screws us. I mean damn cut Nick Scott and that’s 4M right there. Give up on Jackson Carman and boom. That’s your 5M for Boyd right there.

From Boyd’s standpoint no way I’m going to Pittsburg for 5M over Cincinnati for 5M.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 10:44 AM)Housh Wrote: Saw an unsubstantiated report that said Pittsburg has a 2-year/10M offer in to Boyd that Boyd isn’t signing yet.

Where I saw it is admittedly not credible but that figure makes sense at least as a starting point.

He’s definitely not in 3 years/21M territory and i think he’s also not at 1 year deal status just yet. 2 years seems right but i thought he get closer to 12-14M. If Pittsburg is only offering 10M i don’t see why we wouldn’t match that unless we have completely moved on and trust Charlie Jones.

If the asking price is 10M over 2 years i don’t see how that deal screws us. I mean damn cut Nick Scott and that’s 4M right there. Give up on Jackson Carman and boom. That’s your 5M for Boyd right there.

From Boyd’s standpoint no way I’m going to Pittsburg for 5M over Cincinnati for 5M.
What's Boyd's standpoint? Being able to move home would be a pretty big factor to me. I'm not sure how you can speak for his standpoint. Maybe he values moving home than playing for a better contender, at least on paper. Everyone has different motivations. I saw the same report, and it actually stated that Boyd wants to be in Pittsburgh. Again, not taking it as the gospel but...
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 10:47 AM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: What's Boyd's standpoint? Being able to move home would be a pretty big factor to me. I'm not sure how you can speak for his standpoint. Maybe he values moving home than playing for a better contender, at least on paper. Everyone has different motivations. I saw the same report, and it actually stated that Boyd wants to be in Pittsburgh. Again, not taking it as the gospel but...

May also be a leverage battle going on with Boyd and the Steelers as this happens not only in sports but also in the real world. Nobody, obviously, knows what's going on behind the scenes with management and his agent at this point.
Reply/Quote
The REAL reason that Tyler Boyd isn't a Steeler yet is likely because he and his agent still feel that there's a chance that he could still make more money somewhere else. Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 10:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The REAL reason that Tyler Boyd isn't a Steeler yet is likely because he and his agent still feel that there's a chance that he could still make more money somewhere else.  Mellow

[Image: OIP.uJqNUPGK7GEsbN79SludgwHaFW?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain]

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 10:44 AM)Housh Wrote: Saw an unsubstantiated report that said Pittsburg has a 2-year/10M offer in to Boyd that Boyd isn’t signing yet.

there is a reason we drafted 2 wrs last year
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 11:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: there is a reason we drafted 2 wrs last year

And 3-4 DB's the year prior.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if he would take a 5M or a little more for one year to finish what he started and hit the market again. They have made plans around him leaving, but that would be a solid usage of 5M this year with what's left. Then sign a corner and you have a lot of leverage going into the draft.
Reply/Quote
at this point if we look to bring boyd back it likely wont be till after the draft
Reply/Quote
Dead to me forever
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 12:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: at  this point if we look to bring boyd back it likely wont be till after the draft

Yep, wait to see how the Draft falls before paying anything like that. Love Boyd, but he wasn't that good last year and could be falling off and 
we could land a very talented WR in this strong class. Another poster said we could draft Brian Thomas Jr and keep Tee on the Tag this year if
we don't get a good offer for Tee, as bad as sounds for the RT or die crowd our WR corp would probably be upgraded and you couldn't find a 
better WR for Thomas Jr to learn from than Tee who is the same size.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, wait to see how the Draft falls before paying anything like that. Love Boyd, but he wasn't that good last year and could be falling off and 
we could land a very talented WR in this strong class. Another poster said we could draft Brian Thomas Jr and keep Tee on the Tag this year if
we don't get a good offer for Tee, as bad as sounds for the RT or die crowd our WR corp would probably be upgraded and you couldn't find a 
better WR for Thomas Jr to learn from than Tee who is the same size.

True. But then everybody again for the 1000th season in a row will be saying we need to protect burrow better. And then come draft y’all will be doing this again. “But what if we went wr imagine what we would have”. Lol geeze
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 03:12 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: True.  But then everybody again for the 1000th season in a row will be saying we need to protect burrow better.  And then come draft y’all will be doing this again.  “But what if we went wr imagine what we would have”. Lol geeze

True, but we could also draft say Latham who didn't do the workouts like Og and Price and could be saying the same thing about OL again lol
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 03:12 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: True.  But then everybody again for the 1000th season in a row will be saying we need to protect burrow better.  And then come draft y’all will be doing this again.  “But what if we went wr imagine what we would have”. Lol geeze

We can do both in the draft have more than 1 pick
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 03:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Dead to me forever

Yup, I don't care if he's from Pitt. 
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t want him back some things are better left in the past like an ex girlfriend.

Had some great moments in a Bengals shirt but he’s dropped off the past two years.

Even if he still shows glimpses (my wife took a video of the catch against the Vikings and me going ballistic) the time has come for us to get younger and move on.
Reply/Quote
Boyd used to be reliable to catch the pass but last season that tailed off, including an end zone drop that if caught would have sent us to the playoffs. If he can refocus and clean up the drops sure bring him back.
Reply/Quote
If I were boyd I would wait till after draft and maybe training camp before signing on with a team he feels has legs for a deep playoffs run. I would see him landing with a team like the chargers or even buffalo

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 06:12 PM)Okeana Wrote: If I were boyd I would wait till after draft and maybe training camp before signing on with a team he feels has legs for a deep playoffs run.  I would see him landing with a team like the chargers or even buffalo

I know the Chargers got rid of their crappy coach, but I still doubt Herbert's ability to win the big games and I think the Bills are about 
to really fall off a cliff with their cap hell and losing all of their best players. Not deep playoff run teams in my eyes. The Jets and the Titans
are a couple teams that should be much better this year but I don't know how much they will need a Slot WR.
Reply/Quote

Amused no one caught on yet...

He is using the Steelers like free agents used the Bengals when they were blech.

He is making the offer public to drive it up.

Love to have Boyd back on this kind of deal, especially if Tee is not coming back.
Reply/Quote