Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reason Tyler Boyd isn’t a Steeler yet.
(04-06-2024, 10:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Cutting BJ is an insane idea. The man consistently makes plays when we need the most. How many interceptions did he have last year at the DT spot?

I agree, just saying it is an option if we draft Murphy or Newton as they can play 3-tech same as BJ Hill and Rankins. BJ Hill is on 
the last year of his deal and we just signed Rankins to a 2 year deal. But BJ Hill is so solid it wouldn't surprise me if he could play 
NT and we wouldn't have to cut anyone. The thing about Murphy, BJ Hill and Rankins is they all can play NT. They are all good run
stoppers even Rankins when it was his primary job with the Jets.

For the record I would hate to cut either BJ Hill or Mike Hilton. Love these guys.
Reply/Quote
They're not cutting BJ Hill. Right now the DT room is Hill, Rankins and Tufele Add in a DT taken on Day 1 or 2. In fact, don't be shocked if they double dip on DT if good ones fall far enough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2024, 04:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: They're not cutting BJ Hill. Right now the DT room is Hill, Rankins and Tufele Add in a DT taken on Day 1 or 2. In fact, don't be shocked if they double dip on DT if good ones fall far enough.

Give me Byron Murphy at 18 and McKinnley Jackson in the 3rd round and I think our DL is upgraded.

Yeah, Keep BJ Hill regardless, it was a dumb thing for me to say in the first place.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2024, 04:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: They're not cutting BJ Hill. Right now the DT room is Hill, Rankins and Tufele Add in a DT taken on Day 1 or 2. In fact, don't be shocked if they double dip on DT if good ones fall far enough.

Dude I’m calling 2 DTs this draft both before round 6

We’re going DT and tackle the first 2 picks period

Maybe go WR/CB after that. Round 5 i see no reason not to double dip at DT. Maybe one of these bogus ass pre draft stories come out and a day 1 or 2 guy falls to us in round 5. Idk but it’s feeling like a 2DT draft

Also feel like a Zach Carter cut may be imminent so we’ll definitely need guys there
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 07:32 PM)Housh Wrote: Dude I’m calling 2 DTs this draft both before round 6

We’re going DT and tackle the first 2 picks period

Maybe go WR/CB after that. Round 5 i see no reason not to double dip at DT. Maybe one of these bogus ass pre draft stories come out and a day 1 or 2 guy falls to us in round 5. Idk but it’s feeling like a 2DT draft

Also feel like a Zach Carter cut may be imminent so we’ll definitely need guys there

It would not surprise me at all to have 2 DT's drafted.  Right now we dont have a replacement for Reader at NT and Hill is on the last year of his contract.  The Bengals will want a couple of good interior defensive linemen to rotate with Hill and Rankings.  Tufele and Carter are not good enough.
Reply/Quote