Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasons to be positive heading to KC
(01-25-2022, 08:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: - Chiefs D is 29th in sacks. They get pressure, but don't get home much

well Burrow was sacked 4 times against KC so Im still worried a bit
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 09:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: well Burrow was sacked 4 times against KC so Im still worried a bit

True, but 4 is manageable. We can have a great offensive output with 4 sacks (8 pressures).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 09:11 PM)LostInDaJungle Wrote: We've already beaten them once. They just finished a tough OT game where their D got burned late a LOT. Their CB's aren't going to get much sleep with all of the nightmares they're having about Chase.

Advantage Bengals.

Also we just faced the Titans DL that dominated our OL and we still won. That was a tough Defense, this one isn't in comparison.

The Chiefs faced a Defense that couldn't tackle all game in the Bills and couldn't ever get a stop. That won't happen with us.

Our Defense is playing great right now and they are going to want to prove they are better than the Chiefs Offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 09:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: well Burrow was sacked 4 times against KC so Im still worried a bit

(01-25-2022, 09:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True, but 4 is manageable. We can have a great offensive output with 4 sacks (8 pressures).

The OL better be looking at this last game where they gave up 9 sacks and say, we ain't gonna give up 1 sack to the Chiefs!
Reply/Quote
Mahommes had 50ish yards in the 2nd half. Our defense figured something out. Let's hope they can still use it and if not that they can adapt it like they did at 1/2 in the last game.
Reply/Quote
I wish I had your guys' confidence. I don't know how you do it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
One obvious one is that Pratt will play. The last Chiefs game was the week he went on the covid list, got cleared, then had an illness that kept him from playing.

You have to think Wilson is playing at a higher level, too (it sure looked like it vs the Titans), since he's not fresh off of a layoff like last time.

Issues with injuries to linebackers probably played a big part in KC running it down their throats all day. I don't think that happens again.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 08:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: - Chiefs D is 29th in sacks. They get pressure, but don't get home much
- Chiefs D is 27th in pass yards allowed
- Chiefs D is 31st in yards/carry allowed
- Chiefs D is 32nd in yards allowed per drive
- Burrow had arguably his best game against KC (446 yards, 4 TDs, 148.0 rtg)
- Chase had the best receiving day in team history against KC
- If they decide to focus Chase, I've heard the CB who covered Tee is OUT (?)

- Last time the Chiefs scored 40+ in consecutive games was 2018 (twice)
- In the games that followed, KC scored 30 and 27. It's unlikely they will score 40 again.
- Mahomes had his 9th best rating and 14th best yardage total of 2021 vs Bengals
- Tyreek Hill had only 40 yards on 6 catches. His worst production on 10+ targets this year. 14th most yards and 3rd worst yards/catch overall this season.

- Kelce had only 5 catches for 25 yards. His worst yards/catch and 2nd worst yardage of 2021.
- The Chiefs were only competitive due to running the ball for 155 yards and 2 scores on only 23 carries. This was a fluke. It was the Chiefs 4th best total of the year and Bengals 2nd worst. Including the reg season and playoffs.

- Weather will be even better (46 degrees and sunny according to weather.com) than last time (33 degrees)

Feel free to add any other reasons to be positive heading to KC. ThumbsUp

Thank you. I needed a post like this.

I'll add: Joe Burrow seems to do well in terms of handling the noise of a raucous crowd in an away stadium. I think KC fans think he will wilt in Arrowhead (at least they said that after the last victory in Paul Brown Stadium). I think KC will also come in overconfident after all the predictions and praise they will hear this week. And I think they really believe they have the Grim Reaper as QB.

The Rogers Rate QB was ended last weekend. The Patrick Price QB is due to join him.
Reply/Quote
We have Joe Burrow is the only reason I need.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 09:38 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I wish I had your guys' confidence.  I don't know how you do it.

Watch the 2nd half of the Chiefs game. It was only a few weeks ago.

Listen aside from our Loss the Chiefs don't have one in the last 10 weeks. (9 maybe)

We just beat them and our defense shut them out in the 2nd half. I don't know why you would not think we could beat them.

This does not mean I expect to. But I certainly think we can and I think we will
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 09:38 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I wish I had your guys' confidence.  I don't know how you do it.

I'm feeling like I'm whistling in the graveyard. But I said the exact same thing (under another username) before the last KC game. I had that game chocked up as a loss and Burrow, Chase, and company made a fool out of me.
Reply/Quote
True, but we just barely beat them in our house. And we had to overcome a 14-point deficit to do it.

Defense needs to play its best, most complete game of the year.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 09:38 PM)samhain Wrote: One obvious one is that Pratt will play.  The last Chiefs game was the week he went on the covid list, got cleared, then had an illness that kept him from playing.  

You have to think Wilson is playing at a higher level, too (it sure looked like it vs the Titans), since he's not fresh off of a layoff like last time.  

Issues with injuries to linebackers probably played a big part in KC running it down their throats all day.  I don't think that happens again.

Pratt being back is huge no doubt and Logan Wilson playing like the way he can again. That shoulder injury clearly was still
bothering Logan in the last Chiefs game. Still played well, but not like he was against the Titans.

(01-25-2022, 09:41 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Watch the 2nd half of the Chiefs game. It was only a few weeks ago.

Listen aside from our Loss the Chiefs don't have one in the last 10 weeks. (9 maybe)

We just beat them and our defense shut them out in the 2nd half. I don't know why you would not think we could beat them.

This does not mean I expect to. But I certainly think we can and I think we will

Feel the same and yeah Big Boss needs to watch the 2nd half against the Chiefs in our win over them.

We can beat them and I do think we will with this team's heart. It isn't just one phase that will win this game.

It will be all 3 phases, Offense, Defense and ST's. I see an edge for us in many areas, just have to execute.

Oh yeah, don't Punt to Tyreek Hill.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 09:46 PM)Big Boss Wrote: True, but we just barely beat them in our house.  And we had to overcome a 14-point deficit to do it.

Defense needs to play its best, most complete game of the year.

We seem to play better on the road anyways. Mellow
Reply/Quote
"Don't fear the reaper"

[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
These boys know no fear, they fear no failure. They are a new breed of Bengals and every challenge they take personally. There’s so much to look forward to this weekend and even more beyond that. Truely exciting times to be a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 09:51 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Don't fear the reaper"

LMAO

COWBELL
Reply/Quote
Trending
Bengals have either won both or lost both when playing teams twice this season, never splitting though.

steelers 2-0
Ravens 2-0
Raiders 2-0
Browns 0-2

Chiefs 2-0

Bengals dropped two easy INT's against Mahomes as well or it would not have been so close

plus we have MacDaddy kicking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Who doesn't love creamy Mac & Chase?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 09:51 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Don't fear the reaper"

"I want more Cowbell."

Hilarious

We don't fear him or any QB. I don't care if it was Brady we would make it really hard with this Defense. We get to the QB with
the front 4 and Hubbard has shown up lately big time. Hubbard is the type of End that can decimate a QB like Mahomes, plays 
disciplined and doesn't over pursue so he keeps Mahomes in the pocket and there for the taking for either Trey, DJ or BJ.
Reply/Quote