Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasons we lost
1 We had a mini bye. unlike most teams we come out flat and not clicking off of a bye
2 We had a huge game against Cards next Sunday night. we looked past Texans and were not completely focused on our opponent.
3 officiating was terrible lots of phantom penalties
4 no Andre Smith Winston was repeatedly beat like a revolving door on offense
5 The Texans wanted it more you tend to become the hunted when your undefeated
Reply/Quote
The offense was horrendous....that's why we lost.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 12:49 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: The offense was horrendous....that's why we lost.

This. Too many mistakes. Dropped passes, penalties (most of which were deserved), and miscommunication. 

The things that made this team so good this year fell apart this game. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The Texans schemed to take away our quick passing game. It worked. Hue never really adjusted to it. Just kept hoping it would work at some point.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:07 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Texans schemed to take away our quick passing game. It worked. Hue never really adjusted to it. Just kept hoping it would work at some point.

Partially.  But Andy did not connect downfield at all.  Unless youre Jonathan Joseph.
Reply/Quote
What in the heck happened to eifert? They say three drops, I thought I counted 4 and seemingly all costly. Several for first down. He looked terrible.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 12:47 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 1 We had a mini bye. unlike most teams we come out flat and not clicking off of a bye
2 We had a huge game against Cards next Sunday night. we looked past Texans and were not completely focused on our opponent.

1 Agree with this, man we play terrible after a bye
2 Could be the case but man how does one not get ramped up for MNF
3 That was the least of our problems
4 That def hurt us
5 They certainly had a lot at stake

I will add a 6th one, too many mental mistakes 
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 12:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This. Too many mistakes. Dropped passes, penalties (most of which were deserved), and miscommunication. 

The things that made this team so good this year fell apart this game. 

we have had a lot of penalties this year.. but we were able to overcome them in previous games.. not this one... not with those drops and that fumble at the end
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:07 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Texans schemed to take away our quick passing game. It worked. Hue never really adjusted to it. Just kept hoping it would work at some point.

Not to overlook our lackluster offensive effort, I think Hue got taken to school a little last night. Romeo Crennel put together a great plan, and his players did a great job of executing it. No doubt in my mind that Hue will be going over some film, just to make sure that doesn't happen again. On to Arizona. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:14 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Partially.  But Andy did not connect downfield at all.  Unless youre Jonathan Joseph.

His INT to Joseph was a pissed off play. He just winged it based off of emotion.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
They couldn't play up to the hype. Pundits were talking like they already have the super bowl won. I'll be glad when they go back to being just a pretty good team and not world beaters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:38 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: His INT to Joseph was a pissed off play. He just winged it based off of emotion.

I think he was frustrated as well.  The shame is that they showed later in the game he could have dumped it off to the running back (not sure if it was Hill or Gio) for about 15-20 easy yards.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 12:49 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: The offense was horrendous....that's why we lost.

Pretty much this,gio was a bright spot at times. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Eifert is biggest reason we lost , even with penalties he dropped 4 or 5 1st downs on catches he makes 9 out of 10 times . Idk if he got caught up in his own hype the past couple of weeks or what..

Dalton didn't play great but couldn't get into rhythm with dropped passes. I still believe we win the game if aj doesn't fumble that ball. He always seems to fumble ball in crucial moments..

The last thing we need is for critics and fans to start bashing dalton, he's played great this year, look at rodgers the past 3 games ,  

This game will be a wake up call for our club. I think we smack arizona around a bit and come out pissed off.

Very proud of this team this year  . We still get the 2 seed
Reply/Quote
The reason the Bengals lost is because

1. The players didn't execute on Offense
2. The players were flat
3. Anything longer than 6 days between games and the Bengals lose focus and that's on the coaches
4. Every time I walked into the room to watch the game, the Bengals did something stupid LMAO

I'm not watching another game until after the Bengals win the Super Bowl.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
All things considered Winston did a really solid job against Watt, he definitely wasn't to blame.

The drops from Eifert and co combined with two turnovers was the real issue.

Reply/Quote

Exactly. Their D had our number.

(11-17-2015, 01:38 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: His INT to Joseph was a pissed off play. He just winged it based off of emotion.

He was clearly frustrated. It was a dum-azz throw. We've seen it from him in the past. But until the Monday Night game, we hadn't seen it so much this season. His response to Watt's remarks after the game show his mindset as well. He was frustrated, emotional and but-hurt.

If there is any controllable thing that has to change about this team, it is this: Dalton has got to get control over his emotions. If he doesn't, we are almost destined to lose our first playoff game again.

(11-18-2015, 08:28 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: All things considered Winston did a really solid job against Watt, he definitely wasn't to blame.

The drops from Eifert and co combined with two turnovers was the real issue.

I agree. I thought Watt was pretty quiet compared to what he has done against us in the past and what he has shown he is capable of. Winston was about as solid as you could hope playing against Watt.

The drops were a big thing. I was watching thinking, "How can you drop that?!?!?". And on key plays as well. Another game like that or two, and wonderboy Eifert will no longer be the go to guy.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 01:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we have had a lot of penalties this year.. but we were able to overcome them in previous games.. not this one... not with those drops and that fumble at the end

It wouldn't be a true Bengals vs Texans game without at least one offensive penalty, drop, fumble, and interception.

Regardless, I had the Bengals projected 6-3 at this point in the season, so 8-1 is still really damn good.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 11:07 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: He was clearly frustrated. It was a dum-azz throw. We've seen it from him in the past. But until the Monday Night game, we hadn't seen it so much this season. His response to Watt's remarks after the game show his mindset as well. He was frustrated, emotional and but-hurt.

If there is any controllable thing that has to change about this team, it is this: Dalton has got to get control over his emotions. If he doesn't, we are almost destined to lose our first playoff game again.

I'm hoping House calls him and talks about his attitude. Andy caught some flak for his reaction to Watt's comments. He would've come out on top if he kept his mouth shut. We need him to calm down and make sure this a one-off deal. Can't have 2014 Andy start showing up.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 12:47 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 1 We had a mini bye. unlike most teams we come out flat and not clicking off of a bye

......and the Texans own us.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote