Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recounts
So, I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about this. Maybe Thanksgiving has us all pulled away from this news. Jill Stein has been pushing a big effort to have recounts in several states and has been raising money to do so after some claimed there was a possibility of tampering. Now, Clinton's campaign has announced they will get in on it as well.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
There better be some solid evidence of tampering for Stein to do this. It only makes things more divisive. It's tough to fault the Clinton campaign to want to have whatever representation necessary in the process, but it might just be better to let it go and deal with whatever the next four years will bring.
Remember when folks hated that Trump stated he wouldn't accept the results.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-26-2016, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Remember when folks hated that Trump stated he wouldn't accept the results.

Remember when hackers tried their hardest to have an impact on the election? Maybe that wasnt their only plan.

I thought Jill Stein was robbed of the presidency. Glad she is getting this together.
(11-26-2016, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Remember when folks hated that Trump stated he wouldn't accept the results.

I have to admit, I was really happy that the Clinton camp had been mum on all of this while Stein was doing her thing. And then this news story broke today and I was pretty pissed. When you concede, that's it. I want Clinton to come out and say she isn't issuing the order for them to get involved, though in truth that wouldn't hold much water anyway.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-26-2016, 07:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have to admit, I was really happy that the Clinton camp had been mum on all of this while Stein was doing her thing. And then this news story broke today and I was pretty pissed. When you concede, that's it. I want Clinton to come out and say she isn't issuing the order for them to get involved, though in truth that wouldn't hold much water anyway.

Clinton campaign already looked into it and didn't find anything.  They are simply backing Stein and saying sure if you find anything we didn't then that's great.

They've flatly stated that they don't expect to find enough votes to turn the three states she would have needed.

On the other hand President Elect Trump now finds the election process very legitimate.

Quote:The news comes after Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate for president, initiated a recount there and pledged to pursue additional ones in Pennsylvania and Michigan. President-elect Donald Trump denounced the recount as "a scam by the Green Party for an election that has already been conceded."

"The results of this election should be respected instead of being challenged and abused, which is exactly what Jill Stein is doing," Trump said in a statement.

Which is a hoot from the guy who said the entire process was rigged against him...until he won.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-26-2016, 07:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Remember when hackers tried their hardest to have an impact on the election? Maybe that wasnt their only plan.

I thought Jill Stein was robbed of the presidency. Glad she is getting this together.

You didn't answer the question. 

But I'm sure we all agree that Jill Stein was robbed of the Presidency.

(11-26-2016, 07:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have to admit, I was really happy that the Clinton camp had been mum on all of this while Stein was doing her thing. And then this news story broke today and I was pretty pissed. When you concede, that's it. I want Clinton to come out and say she isn't issuing the order for them to get involved, though in truth that wouldn't hold much water anyway.

It reminds me of the support pledge that the GOP Candidates made during the primaries. 

Good Lord! Throwing out the "C" word here. America really doesn't need this right now.
Early on, I thought Stein was ok.
After watching a good bit of interviews and debates, I'm pretty sure she's a kook.

Anyway.... she's enjoying some of that George Soros money.
(11-26-2016, 07:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Which is a hoot from the guy who said the entire process was rigged against him...until he won.

I think the whole "rigged" thing was in reference to media bias, not actual voter fraud or election tampering.
(11-26-2016, 10:57 PM)Beaker Wrote: I think the whole "rigged" thing was in reference to media bias, not actual voter fraud or election tampering.

I thought he implied that they were bringing illegals in from Mexico to vote for her.
Why is it that every time the left loses an election, they claim fraud?
--------------------------------------------------------

(11-27-2016, 03:24 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Why is it that every time the left loses an election, they claim fraud?

Who's claiming fraud? Besides some random facebook bozo, that is.
(11-26-2016, 10:57 PM)Beaker Wrote: I think the whole "rigged" thing was in reference to media bias, not actual voter fraud or election tampering.

Darn them for saying he said all the things he said. That's unfair.

Mellow

(11-27-2016, 03:24 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Why is it that every time the left loses an election, they claim fraud?

Didn't Obama only win because there was that precinct where the Black Panthers intimidated voters and everyone in the cemetery voted Democrat?
Wouldn't it be funny if during these recounts they find that Donald Trump actually wins the popular vote as well and that hackers were trying to sway the election in Hillary's favor?
I'm up for feeling that integrity has been restored to the voting process, whether that means no improprieties exist or problems are found, and corrections made. Just give it an honest effort, put the issue to bed, and move on to the next issue that needs attention.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(11-27-2016, 03:56 AM)Benton Wrote: Darn them for saying he said all the things he said. That's unfair.

Mellow

Didn't Obama only win because there was that precinct where the Black Panthers intimidated voters and everyone in the cemetery voted Democrat?

And the "news" of the precincts that had over 100% voter turnout.   Mellow
(11-27-2016, 03:56 AM)Benton Wrote: Darn them for saying he said all the things he said. That's unfair.
First, I didnt vote for him. Second, there's more to it than quotes. 
(11-27-2016, 02:22 PM)Beaker Wrote: First, I didnt vote for him. Second, there's more to it than quotes. 

When the quote is the only way he will lose is if its rigged then its the quote.