Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond to start Sunday
Per Ben Baby
https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1312072615620739074

I guess it cant hurt. Johnson and Price dont even look NFL ready. Anyone think Redmond will be an upgrade?
Reply/Quote
O line issues solved Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just finished re-watching the Eagles through the All-22 film and I was focused on the offensive line. I want to begin by saying that Fred Johnson is the worst offensive linemen we have put on the field so far, so his benching is warranted. He had a couple of bright spots but overall, he was bad in both aspects. He was beat by an inside stunt early where he gave up pressure and failed on several of his run block assignments which caused Mixon to stop and cut back, pretty much nullifying the play.

Price came in during the second half and honestly, he played great until overtime. For the third and fourth quarter, he looked stout in the pass protection and I didn't see any pressure come from his assignments, but he did struggle in the run game. It looked like he was leading with his shoulder, as if he was trying to get a big hit on his defender instead of engaging his hands. When overtime came, Price kind of collapsed and I counted at least three different occasions where he gave up pressure right up the middle. Pretty disappointing as he was looking great in pass pro.

Hopefully Redmond has improved, I haven't watched him in a quite a while. Another note is that all of the criticism being laid on Hart is 100% valid. He is a very poor pass blocker and through the game I found myself commenting on how much he was getting beat up on by pass rushers. Another surprising thing I saw was that Jordan looked weak in pass protection as well. He was getting bullrushed and moved back fairly consistently, which really surprised me.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:37 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I just finished re-watching the Eagles through the All-22 film and I was focused on the offensive line. I want to begin by saying that Fred Johnson is the worst offensive linemen we have put on the field so far, so his benching is warranted. He had a couple of bright spots but overall, he was bad in both aspects. He was beat by an inside stunt early where he gave up pressure and failed on several of his run block assignments which caused Mixon to stop and cut back, pretty much nullifying the play.

Price came in during the second half and honestly, he played great until overtime. For the third and fourth quarter, he looked stout in the pass protection and I didn't see any pressure come from his assignments, but he did struggle in the run game. It looked like he was leading with his shoulder, as if he was trying to get a big hit on his defender instead of engaging his hands. When overtime came, Price kind of collapsed and I counted at least three different occasions where he gave up pressure right up the middle. Pretty disappointing as he was looking great in pass pro.

Hopefully Redmond has improved, I haven't watched him in a quite a while. Another note is that all of the criticism being laid on Hart is 100% valid. He is a very poor pass blocker and through the game I found myself commenting on how much he was getting beat up on by pass rushers. Another surprising thing I saw was that Jordan looked weak in pass protection as well. He was getting bullrushed and moved back fairly consistently, which really surprised me.

Didn't Price grade out at like a 44?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:28 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Per Ben Baby

I guess it cant hurt. Johnson and Price dont even look NFL ready. Anyone think Redmond will be an upgrade?

Better than a sharp stick in the eye!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Alex (false start my heart) Redmond is back! Ninja

Seriously, I just hope that he has a huge chip on his shoulder and takes it out on Jag defenders.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This team is a complete joke..The oline has been bad for 4 seasons in a row how the hell can This happen in today's NFL??you have free agency and the draft for four seasons and this is what we came away with??a bunch of weak turnstiles; this Front office is absolutely pathetic and an embarrassment to the league as a whole..
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:40 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Didn't Price grade out at like a 44?

No idea what PFF gave him. He did pretty poorly throughout the entire game in run blocking and then his pass blocking collapsed in overtime. I wouldn’t be surprised if he received a poor grade.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping for the best and expecting the .........well you know
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Didn't Price grade out at like a 44?

He's 38.8 for the season.  That's "can't even lace Bobby Hart's cleats" type territory.  
Reply/Quote
Just saw a great pic on Twitter that sums up this Bengals/Redmond situation. It was Moe throwing Barney out of the bar and while he’s still standing in the doorway dusting off his hands, Barney is already back in the bar behind him. Moe is the Bengals, Barney is Redmond LOL
Reply/Quote
When you have to start 3 OGs then you have no OGs.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 19504_johnnyutah_alex.jpg?f1246561828]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:28 PM)bengaloo Wrote:  Anyone think Redmond will be an upgrade?

Yes, but only in the same way a Five Guys burger is an upgrade over a McDonald's cheeseburger from the Dollar Menu.  What we need is a Ruth's Chris steak! 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Better than a sharp stick in the eye!

(10-02-2020, 02:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Alex (false start my heart) Redmond is back!   Ninja

Seriously, I just hope that he has a huge chip on his shoulder and takes it out on Jag defenders.

As me grand ole ma would say, "Oatmeal is better than no meal"... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:28 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Per Ben Baby

Over Johnson or Price, yes...
Reply/Quote
Can't be any worse..well...it COULD. Like free rushers AND false starts. But I don't think so. But I do wonder how much "rust" he has to shake off and what that's gonna look like.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:37 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I just finished re-watching the Eagles through the All-22 film and I was focused on the offensive line. I want to begin by saying that Fred Johnson is the worst offensive linemen we have put on the field so far, so his benching is warranted. He had a couple of bright spots but overall, he was bad in both aspects. He was beat by an inside stunt early where he gave up pressure and failed on several of his run block assignments which caused Mixon to stop and cut back, pretty much nullifying the play.

So what do you guys look at when studying film of the o-line? Honest question, as I was busy scoring TDs!     Ninja
Reply/Quote
Should there be a concern that the Bengals cut Redmond in favor of the others on the roster only to end up with him back and starting over the others?

I think the biggest frustration is that none of us thinks the RG position is solidified with Redmond but he's probably the best option because Price and Johnson have simply been terrible. One would have to assume that Adeniji simply is not ready either and/or worse than Redmond.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Honestly, I never thought I'd see the day that I was happy to see Redmond start...
Reply/Quote