Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond to start Sunday
I’ll say that Redmond has always been Ok, but he has a problem with holding calls.

He had one today
Reply/Quote
He's not that good, but he's an animal. At least you know he's going all out every single snap
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How did this coaching staff come to the conclusion that Fred Johnson and Billy Price were worthy of PT ahead of Redmond?

I'm not saying Redmond is great, or he's the answer to all of our problems.  But he's clearly better than Fred Johnson.

I believe the PED suspension was last year. I know he was coming off an elbow injury, so he did not get many camp reps, especially with XFS coming in. He's been out awhile, so it took some time. I think the coaches were looking for someone better, which is a good thing, but there's no one better currently on the roster. Redmond may false start now and again, but he can hold the guard position, which allows Hart to concentrate on being a tackle. We need to roll with him the rest of this season, or at least till XFS is back, then draft or sign an FA guard or 2....
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:31 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’ll say that Redmond has always been Ok, but he has a problem with holding calls.

He had one today

He helped keep Joe mostly clean today, and helped Mixon get 151 on the ground.  Joe plays fantastic when he's mostly clean, and Mixon produces well with lanes to run through.  I'll exhange a holding penalty or two for that, compared to 8 sacks and more hits like last week, any day of the year.   Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: He's 38.8 for the season.  That's "can't even lace Bobby Hart's cleats" type territory.  

Yikes! That's horrible.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, he's been on the team for years, and has seen starts.  He played under this staff last season.  In fact, they rewarded him with a 2 mil dollar deal in the offseason.

I think they should have a great enough handle on the situation to be able know, even without training camp, that's he's more capable than Fred Johnson.

To be fair, XSF is supposed to be the starter, and as noted, Redmond was suspended or injured. They may have wanted to move on from him....but seeing how bad the other two played, they had no choice.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: To be fair, XSF is supposed to be the starter, and as noted, Redmond was suspended or injured. They may have wanted to move on from him....but seeing how bad the other two played, they had no choice.

It's hard for me to imagine how Price has become so bad ?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: To be fair, XSF is supposed to be the starter, and as noted, Redmond was suspended or injured. They may have wanted to move on from him....but seeing how bad the other two played, they had no choice.

Yup, they were looking for something better, but found out they haven't found it yet. You can't blame them for looking.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's hard for me to imagine how Price has become so bad ?

I guess he never was good to begin with. He played very little as a rookie as you recall, and Hopkins took his job from him at center. I just didn't think he was THIS bad.

(10-05-2020, 09:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yup, they were looking for something better, but found out they haven't found it yet. You can't blame them for looking.

Right on. When a guy has problems with penalties, and a PED suspension, you probably wanna try and upgrade. 

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's hard for me to imagine how Price has become so bad ?

Amazes me as well. You would think coming out of OSU and being ranked as high as he was, he would at the very least be serviceable.
Reply/Quote