Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond-very telling quote
I thought this was an interesting indictment of Paulie and likely Zampese.  And it reflects what we've said for more than a few years.

https://www.bengals.com/news/redmond-mean-streaks-into-opener

Indeed, listen to Redmond and it’s as if Pollack has set him free as a player, unleashing that mean streak.

“My new offensive line coach absolutely loves it. He loves everything about the physicality of all that kind of stuff. I’ve other coaches in the past tell me to be something I wasn’t and they’re gone now, thankfully,” Redmond said. “He understands. When you go out there he knows that it’s tough. It’s a hard game to play, so he gets it … They’re pretty much letting me loose, let me do my thing. I’m excited.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wow. Telling an offensive linemen to not be mean or play with physicality....lol....

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
That's interesting in the least.
Most of us want that nasty mean streak in an OL guy and we haven't had one in a while either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The first olineman to take a shot at the Alexander (that I can remember).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 08:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That's interesting in the least.
Most of us want that nasty mean streak in an OL guy and we haven't had one in a while either.

Right. 

They're called big uglies for a reason...

Reply/Quote
I made a post a few months ago about 'Nasty vs Finesse' with lineman. I'm all for nasty. I love having a coach who wants nasty. One of the things I envy about Pitt's O-line is that those guys can get nasty. Bring me the nasty.
Reply/Quote
Players rarely speak out like that, so if one is saying it, it's a safe bet that more feel that way.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
More stuff to get me excited going into Sunday. I can't wait!

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 08:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Players rarely speak out like that, so if one is saying it, it's a safe bet that more feel that way.

Agreed. Usually it's the courage to speak out, meaning others say it too. He's probably been validated by the others who think similarly. 

Shame to hear that though. 

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 08:08 PM)pally Wrote: I thought this was an interesting indictment of Paulie and likely Zampese.  And it reflects what we've said for more than a few years.

Indeed, listen to Redmond and it’s as if Pollack has set him free as a player, unleashing that mean streak.

“My new offensive line coach absolutely loves it. He loves everything about the physicality of all that kind of stuff. I’ve other coaches in the past tell me to be something I wasn’t and they’re gone now, thankfully,” Redmond said. “He understands. When you go out there he knows that it’s tough. It’s a hard game to play, so he gets it … They’re pretty much letting me loose, let me do my thing. I’m excited.”

Well, had he properly demonstrated how to unstick the ketchup bottle, he may have had a chance with the man that selected him.   LOL 

Seriously, that quote is good to read, and quite telling of how handicapped PA kept some of the younger players.  I'm just glad that Coach Pollack encourages physicality over finesse, and wants them to be smart, as well as tough.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
“I always knew I could play ball. I always felt like I belonged out there, like I could play and help win games,” Redmond said. “I feel like that film I put out there at the end of (last) year really helped. ‘Get the little talking about ooh Redmond this and that.’ Even though I’m actually a different player and person than I was last year because I was 350 pounds and mobility wasn’t the best. Now I’m 312 with great mobility.”

He's totally been on the message board! hahaha jk

They sure are hyping up the hell out of Redmond eh? I like the guy, but i'm nervous about all the fluff pieces.

I liked how he described that his mentality makes him stronger as the game goes on... maybe 4th quarter Alex Redmond is better than 1st quarter Alex Redmond?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 08:51 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Agreed. Usually it's the courage to speak out, meaning others say it too. He's probably been validated by the others who think similarly. 

Shame to hear that though. 

It makes me more excited going forward though. Seems these guys are fired up to play for Pollack.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 08:08 PM)pally Wrote: I thought this was an interesting indictment of Paulie and likely Zampese.  And it reflects what we've said for more than a few years.

"and they’re gone now, thankfully,” 

Can't underscore this enough
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

Problem is that Paul Alexander drafted two tackles without a mean streak very early that clearly haven’t panned out and it set this team back big time. I look for an improvement over last year’s line but still nothing to write home about. Might take another year or two for this o-line coach to draft some of his kind of guys.

The guys he had in Dallas were pretty good and will most likely make Alexander look good this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 09:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It makes me more excited going forward though. Seems these guys are fired up to play for Pollack.

He's a great coach. I think Dallas lost a great one with him. Glad to have him on board. I've noticed some small changes to the pass protection. Not a ton with run blocking. I'll have to focus more. I usually replay games a lot, but didn't get much time with work/pre season. Love watch my big uglies rumble. 

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 09:17 PM)Shady Wrote: "and they’re gone now, thankfully,” 

Can't underscore this enough

That's throwing some serious shade. Believe me bud, we are ALL glad. lol

Reply/Quote
I thought it was telling that Marvin said if he had to walk down a dark alley, of all the guys in the locker room he would take Redmond with him....
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 09:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I thought it was telling that Marvin said if he had to walk down a dark alley, of all the guys in the locker room he would take Redmond with him....

I half expected him to say a cook from Wendy's...So, I agree...very telling.

Reply/Quote

While this nice to hear, I can still just imagine Alexander last year saying "Ok, Alex, you need to wait until AFTER the ball is snapped to hit somebody."
Reply/Quote
****'em up Alex....Just wait until the ball is snapped. Lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote