Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 2023 thread
(08-02-2023, 11:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth pointing out how easy the Brewers' schedule is over these next couple weeks:
Nationals (3 games)
Pirates (4 games)
Rockies (3 games)
White Sox (3 games)

The Reds do get the Nationals and Pirates as well in that span, but they have the Cubs and Marlins which are better teams.

It's very possible (likely?) the Brewers jump back into 1st place by mid-August just because of the caliber of teams both are facing.

Yes but like you told me a couple days ago when I posted about the easy Brewers schedule compared to ours. They're not that dominant against everybody not named the Reds soo.......
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 01:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes but like you told me a couple days ago when I posted about the easy Brewers schedule compared to ours. They're not that dominant against everybody not named the Reds soo.......

I don't think it was me that said that, I think it was someone else (crazyjdawg?)

With that said, the only reason I mentioned what I did was because people shouldn't be surprised if the Brewers jump back in 1st later this month, as they have a very easy schedule right now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think it was me that said that, I think it was someone else (crazyjdawg?)

With that said, the only reason I mentioned what I did was because people shouldn't be surprised if the Brewers jump back in 1st later this month, as they have a very easy schedule right now.

Perhaps it was Crazydawg? Sorry 

But it's true. I forget the numbers but they're like .500 against the rest of the league.
Reply/Quote
We caught a break already. Brewers took a 2-1 lead to the bottom of the 9th which meant Williams came in to close. An error by the first baseman, a base hit and a walk later bases were loaded with no outs. Of course Brewers bring the infield in. Next guy hits a ball to the 3rd baseman who throws home and it goes by the catcher allowing the tying and winning run to score. Nats take 2 of 3 from Brewers. Who would have thought that? Just another reason to make you wonder how we can't beat the Brewers.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
DLC and Friedl out of lineup vs. the lefty. Both have been slumping a bit lately.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2023, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think it was me that said that, I think it was someone else (crazyjdawg?)

(08-02-2023, 05:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Perhaps it was Crazydawg? Sorry 

But it's true. I forget the numbers but they're like .500 against the rest of the league.

Yea, it was me. And now, after losing 2 of 3 to the lowly Nationals, they're exactly .500 against the remainder of the league, 48-48.

They aren't a good team.

(08-02-2023, 08:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: DLC and Friedl out of lineup vs. the lefty. Both have been slumping a bit lately.

Yea, DLC is pressing so hard, it's getting very frustrating to watch him. He struck out in 3 pitches, 4 pitches and 5 pitches last night, with no foul balls on 2 strikes (meaning he only saw 3 strikes, several of which were swinging strikes out of the zone).

I don't know this for a fact, but he seems to be more comfortable batting from the left side so far in the majors. His strikeout rate against lefties (meaning he's batting righty) is a staggering 43.6% and he has not yet walked as a righty in 55 plate appearances. His average is decent (.259), but his slugging and therefore his OPS are pathetic (.259/.273/.315/.588).

Against right handed pitchers (meaning he's batting lefty), his strikeout rate is still 29.9%, but his batting line is much more robust, .273/.331/.510/842 in 144 plate appearances.

It makes sense that they would sit him for the second consecutive game against a lefty.

Friedl, it's probably just his scheduled day off. He typically plays against lefties because, oddly enough, he hits for average against lefties better than he hits righties, though he hits for more power vs righties.
Reply/Quote
Much better 1st inning.
Reply/Quote
Bang.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bang.

Reply/Quote
2 homers for Votto!!!
Reply/Quote
11 of his 25 hits are home runs. That would be impressive if his batting average wasn’t like .200. Kinda gives me Adam Dunn flashes lol.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Geez Fairchild how can you screw that up that badly?
Reply/Quote
Sure glad David Bell keeps putting all the scrubs into the lineup because the starter is a lefty.

Reply/Quote
They're just giving this game away.
Reply/Quote
Sure glad Newman, Senzel, and Fairchild are in this game because they bat on the right side of the plate.

3 more years of David Bell! Wooo....

Reply/Quote
This is disgusting. Couldn't give it away any easier.
Reply/Quote
Bring in Maile
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Young did get screwed on the first pitch to Bellinger. It was fully in the box but somehow called a ball. Changed that at bat and likely cost those last 2 runs.
Reply/Quote
And another HR. 12-6 Cubs, what a disaster.
Reply/Quote
They really are trying to give up 20 runs again.
Reply/Quote