Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 2023 thread
Cubs already got trashed by the Braves 8-0.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 06:22 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Cubs already got trashed by the Braves 8-0.

If the Braves don't win the World Series this year, I will be stunned.
Reply/Quote
Bell starting the replacements again, hope it works.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn i missed the back to back homers.
Reply/Quote
When DLC hits a ball it stays hit, damn!!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 08:01 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Damn i missed the back to back homers.

350ft GABP special, and a 422ft bomb.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Come on, Votto, can't be giving back free outs given to us. Gotta make them pay for it.

Newman/Votto/Strand might be a problematic trio to have in a row in a lineup. Lol. Even more when followed up by Fairchild and Stephenson.

The lineup is a LOT weaker without Benson, Fraley, and Friedl. You go from 7/9 guys having an OPS+ of 100 or more to only 4/9.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 06:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe a lot of that is just them all being rookies and younger players. They're all, at times, swinging out of their shoes trying to be the hero. They haven't figured out yet that they don't have to do that to hit HR's, doubles, off the wall, hard into the gaps etc.

They'll get there, eventually. Lets hope

Most definitely.  I just feel like I'm starting to see a lot more guys left on base.

I also dislike the lefty lineup with Newman, Senzel and Fairchild.  
Reply/Quote
Clearly running on the infield grass and should be out 3 and of course next guy hits a homer and ties it. No excuse whatsoever for the home plate ump to miss that.
Reply/Quote
Pirates put up a 3 spot on the Brewers in the first.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 09:32 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Clearly running on the infield grass and should be out 3 and of course next guy hits a homer and ties it. No excuse whatsoever for the home plate ump to miss that.

Hope they walk it off and make it a moot point but this should be over and a 3-1 win.
Reply/Quote
When it’s bad, it’s bad.
Reply/Quote
Ok maybe they’re pretenders.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Looking like highway robbery tonight. Damn home plate ump.
Reply/Quote
The Righty Trio went 2-14, and the guys ahead of them got 2 IBB so they could get to the easy outs.

Final out of the 9th inning with bases loaded? Nick Senzel
Final out of the 10th inning with RISP? Kevin Newman

Masterwork managing.

Reply/Quote
Total garbage. So unreal how a missed running lane interference call can drastically change the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ok maybe they’re pretenders.

I was having fun ignoring the run differential this year. 

Getting crushed by a -21 difference in the middle two Cubs games makes it look even worse, but even if you take out those two thumpings they would still be -4. Doesn't mean you can't have a winning record with a negative one, but generally playoff teams have one.

Ignoring 2020 (where more than half the league made the playoffs and the tiny season did a lot of statistical oddities) the last time a team made the playoffs with a negative run differential was 2007. The Brewers and Reds are both negative, and the Stupid Cubs are +71 and looking to be 1.5 back from the division lead if the Brewers/Pirates score holds.

(08-04-2023, 10:36 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Total garbage. So unreal how a missed running lane interference call can drastically change the game.

Not scoring a single run for 7 straight innings changes the game, too. You lose a lot more games than you win when you only score 3 runs.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 10:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not scoring a single run for 7 straight innings changes the game, too. You lose a lot more games than you win when you only score 3 runs.

You would be right most of the time. Tonight's game isn't one of those times. That play if called correctly ends the inning and there is no tying homer. Reds likely win 3-1. That missed call directly affected the outcome of the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 11:40 PM)cinci4life Wrote: You would be right most of the time. Tonight's game isn't one of those times. That play if called correctly ends the inning and there is no tying homer. Reds likely win 3-1. That missed call directly affected the outcome of the game.

And yet they still had a runner on 3rd in the bottom of the 9th with 1 out and couldn't bring him in to walk it off.

Reply/Quote