Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds July 2023 thread
(07-25-2023, 09:05 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What they need to do is bite the bullet and go to the digital/computer or whatever strike zone. Still let the umpire call it, it gets prompted in his ear or whatever.

Either that or take the white box off the broadcast screen.

(07-25-2023, 10:20 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This is actually probably the answer. Not realistic to hold humans to machine standards of precision and it's likely a case where a little bit of ignorance would be better for the general fan. The box isn't even official, as I am pretty sure it doesn't adjust for camera angle or batter height... but they are probably too far now to remove it, what with all the real-time pitch trackers online and such.

I wish that they would only show the box along with the little circle where pitch is delivered at the plate and then fade it away. It doesn't need to be there all of the time in between pitches. It's not like the 1st down line in football which is always different . . . we ####ing know where the pitcher needs to throw the ball.

Watching the Angels vs Tigers pre-game and they went scrambling back to the unprepared studio . . . there's a power issue at Tigers stadium and both the Tigers and Angels broadcast trucks are down. Matt Vasgersian and Mark Gubizca are calling the game with no video by passing a phone back and forth. It's strange listening to them talk about this great new addition Mike Moustakis who had just doubled to give them a 2-0 lead in the first.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Abbott better be getting that strike call 3" off the plate too.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Now they are calling balks after the out?
Reply/Quote
Can't blame Bell for being that pissed to challenge a play this early that was an obvious out.
Reply/Quote
And Benson gets screwed out of ball 4 on a pitch clearly low. This crap is unreal.
Reply/Quote
Wow we have a lead!!!
Reply/Quote
Votto drought broken, amazing play by Benson. Entertaining inning!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 01:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. I'm about tired of them like i was the Steelers. 

(07-25-2023, 03:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not quite to the hate level of the Steelers. But it's getting there  :hilarious:

More like they’ve replaced the Cardinals for my most hated team in baseball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Great job from Abbott tonight!!! Hope the pen can close it out.
Reply/Quote
I officially give up figuring out what the strike zone is anymore.
Reply/Quote
Huge homer from Benson!!!!
Reply/Quote
Unbelievable

Reply/Quote
4-0 lead and the 9th can't be stress free.
Reply/Quote
This is about to be absolutely disastrous…

Reply/Quote
Is it possible to sue a sports franchise for stress caused by their actions?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Good lord that wasn't necessary to be that stressful but they got the W. After tomorrow we either leave if the lead in the Central or 1.5 back. Can honestly live with either but obviously would like the lead more.
Reply/Quote
The monkey is off their backs ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Lively vs. Peralta day game. Peralta is ok, not great. But IIRC he kinda put it to us not long ago. Hopefully we'll be able to get to him early.
Reply/Quote
I would be interested to see a comparison between the average runs per game against the Brewers with the rest of the league. It seems like they score almost nothing against the Brewers and then destroy everyone else.
Reply/Quote
The Reds are now 3-10 against the Brewers this year, meaning they are 53-38 against everyone else. That makes the Brewers 47-43 against other teams. If they didn't play head-to-head, the Reds would have an 8 game lead over them.

I really hate that team and have for years.
Reply/Quote