Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds July 2023 thread
Austin Riley just hit a 463ft bomb to put the Braves up 2-1 on the Brewers in the 1st.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
India out again today some kind of foot issue? Said he had MRI
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 03:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: India out again today some kind of foot issue? Said he had MRI

Plantar Fasciitis and put on IL. Fairchild called back up.
Reply/Quote
Braves complete sweep of the Brewers. Another chance to move into first today.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 05:07 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Braves complete sweep of the Brewers. Another chance to move into first today.

Alright, alright, alright
Reply/Quote
A lot of trades going down but all is quiet with the Reds.
Reply/Quote
Wow the offense is alive today!!!
Reply/Quote
[Image: votto-still-bangs-kha-dieu-vuong.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Damn, Votto inches from HR #2

CES is swinging at anything and everything. Coach him up coaches
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 06:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Damn, Votto inches from HR #2

CES is swinging at anything and everything. Coach him up coaches

Was about to say something about Strand. He's up there just swinging.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 06:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Was about to say something about Strand. He's up there just swinging.

The pitcher could bounce one off the mound and he'd swing
Reply/Quote
Reds up 8-0. Year to date run differential coming into the game -6.
Reply/Quote
So barring something insane we leave LA in first. Start a 4 game series at the Cubs which has become big with the Cubs catching fire lately as well as the Brewers having an easier schedule on paper.
Reply/Quote
Reds officially in first again!!!
Reply/Quote
Reds win series against Dodgers in LA, something even the 1970's Reds had a hard time doing.

AND The Reds are Back In First Place with Braves beating Brewers, as August to start on Tuesday.

4 out of 6 months of regular season ending, but 2 long months to go. REDS BACK IN FIRST PLACE.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 07:01 PM)cinci4life Wrote: So barring something insane we leave LA in first. Start a 4 game series at the Cubs which has become big with the Cubs catching fire lately as well as the Brewers having an easier schedule on paper.

We need to put the Cubs back in their place. Their current winning streak has been against the Nationals, Cardinals, and W. Sox. Not exactly top competition.
Reply/Quote
I feel good about the Cubs series. Hope we can take at least 3 of the 4 games. Let's get that wind blowing out to center field and watch the balls fly.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 12:41 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Keep expecting the offense to be exciting again like it was earlier, and it keeps not.

You were saying? :D

Reply/Quote
For as much fanfare as EDLC has gotten since his call up, I would argue McClain has been the better rookie thus far. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite players on this team.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 09:53 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: For as much fanfare as EDLC has gotten since his call up, I would argue McClain has been the better rookie thus far. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite players on this team.

McLain and Abbott are absolutely the better performing rookies on the team right now.

The thing with EDLC is he's just electric. He's the fastest player on the team, the strongest arm on the team (other than some of the pitchers), the most powerful hitter on the team and one of the best defenders on the team. 

If he learns to track breaking balls better, he'd be the best hitting player on the team as well because his long arms allow him to reach pitches that he really shouldn't be able to.

I get why EDLC is overshadowing everyone, because he just has everything you could ever dream of in a baseball player, but McLain just gets it done on a level that you may not appreciate if you're just a casual fan.
Reply/Quote