Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reds June 2023 thread
I wanna see if this ump will call pitches 5 inches outside strikes for Ashcraft?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This home plate ump sucks. There's almost no way someone doesn't get tossed before this is over.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn shame Ashcraft can't get the win. He pitched incredible today.
Reply/Quote
And the first blown save for Diaz. At least it's only tied though.
Reply/Quote
Jesus Christ that pitch was 3” high. Then fans on the same pitch in the same spot because he had to swing.
Reply/Quote
MATT FREAKIN MCLAIN!!!
Reply/Quote
STEER WALKOFF!!!!! WHAT A WIN!
Reply/Quote
AND THIS ONE BELONGS TO THE REDS
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 07:41 PM)cinci4life Wrote: This home plate ump sucks. There's almost no way someone doesn't get tossed before this is over.

Man some of the umps this year, I mean damn!!! Forget the little white outline box. There was some stuff so far outside and so low he called strikes, just unbelievable. Announcers even laughing.

But we get the win
Reply/Quote
Ashcraft, McLain, EDLC and Steer all star in the MLB leading 30th comeback win for the Reds.

This team is incredible.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 09:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Ashcraft, McLain, EDLC and Steer all star in the MLB leading 30th comeback win for the Reds.

This team is incredible.

Man it was so great to see the old Ashcraft back, I was pretty worried. So hoping he's shook off the yips or whatever was messing him up?
Reply/Quote
That was another great win. Reds really had won it before that in same inning. De La Cruz was sliding across the plate before catcher had the ball. Padres catcher blocked plate so De La Cruz couldn't touch it. That is Illegal. Catchers can't block the plate without the ball. I guess runners are going to have to go back to The Pete Rose play and knock catchers on their butts like a football play. Reds should have won it then. Terrible call by umpires and challenge people. So great that Steers hit the game winning homer right after that.

A great 4th of July weekend WIN by The FIRST PLACE Cincinnati Reds. This team is pretty exciting and special right now, as when Bengals got going in 2021 with their new players. WOW is NOW.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 10:58 PM)kevin Wrote: That was another great win.  Reds really had won it before that in same inning.  De La Cruz was sliding across the plate before catcher had the ball. Padres catcher blocked plate so De La Cruz couldn't touch it.  That is Illegal.  Catchers can't block the plate without the ball.  I guess runners are going to have to go back to The Pete Rose play and knock catchers on their butts like a football play. Reds should have won it then.  Terrible call by umpires and challenge people.   So great that Steers hit the game winning homer right after that.  

A great 4th of July weekend WIN by The FIRST PLACE Cincinnati Reds.  This team is pretty exciting and special right now, as when Bengals got going in 2021 with their new players.  WOW is NOW.

Unfortunetly it was legal in this case. Part of the rule says that if the throw is coming from the pitcher or drawn in infielder it is not a violation. I never knew that until today. Luckily it didn't matter.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 10:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Man it was so great to see the old Ashcraft back, I was pretty worried. So hoping he's shook off the yips or whatever was messing him up?

I really hope that he is here to stay. If we get the real Ashcraft back and then Greene and Lodolo in early August, our rotation would be Abbott, Greene, Lodolo, Ashcraft, Phillips (assuming he is called up in the next month or so).

Weakness becomes a strength. 
Reply/Quote
This was UNREAL! We were all sitting at an outside bar and the place just erupted when Steer hit that homer!

Then the Pirates hit a two-run homer in the bottom of 9 to complete the comeback win!

Now we have a full game lead!
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 10:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Man it was so great to see the old Ashcraft back, I was pretty worried. So hoping he's shook off the yips or whatever was messing him up?
I think he's back. All he needed was to get his head on straight.

His first game after his Grandma died, he was awesome and gave everything that he had . . . unfortunately, giving all that you have is not recommended for a starting pitcher. Sometimes 95% effort is better right after throwing with 100% effort. He seemed to figure that out in the start that he got hit in the leg. Normally, you get a rehab start or two before coming back from injury but the Reds were screwed so his rehab start was against the freakin' Braves. 4 innings, 10 hits, 6 runs, 3 HRs, 2 strikeouts and 0 walks but 1 hit by pitch. Throw that start out and the hitters after he was hit in the leg and there's a very solid effort over his last nine innings.

Major props to Stephenson with a HR on a 10 pitch plate appearance. What a battle.

As Steer was coming down the line to step on home, and the Padres are walking off of the field, you can see a very demoralized Machado still in position at 3rd with his head down and with his hands on his knees as if he's waiting for the next pitch. They thought that they had the Reds beat, twice.

The true Super Power that the Reds possess is that most of the lineup fails every game . . . but it always seems that two or three guys have a good game and it's been enough to just get them by.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I watched the crappy YouTube condensed game before I knew who won last night. I thought the game was over when Elly was out at home. My mind kind of drifted off for a minute and suddenly they're jumping up and down celebrating..I had to rewatch it..lol 
I'm sure San Diego fans are pissed off..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote