Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reds June 2023 thread
JOSEPH DANIEL VOTTO!!!!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 09:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: VottoStillBangs_JoeyVotto_MLBPA_Breaking...1627596566]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
CYCLE!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
ELLY DE LA CYCLE!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 09:26 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Uh oh Elly needs a triple for the cycle.

Umm he got it, just WOW

DLC is just in a league of his own, he just blows your mind
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
12 IN A ROW!!!!!
Reply/Quote
This team is something. DLC reminds me of a left-handed Eric Davis.
Reply/Quote
Wow, Cinci on fire!
Reply/Quote
This is wild. It's a fun team to watch!
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 10:56 PM)cinci4life Wrote: 12 IN A ROW!!!!!

I would say WOW, a win over Braves, except Reds swept Astros in Houston on this win streak. 

I liked the sell out crowd.  Reds are making some money for first time since before Covid 2020, and THAT is going to help going forward. 

It's ALL Good. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Elly is something else. I haven’t been this hyped about the Reds in years.

Reply/Quote
Shout out to Votto

Man I'd so love to see him go out with a BOOM
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 11:09 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is wild. It's a fun team to watch!

Yep

I don't even have words for DLC. Like one of the announcers said. If you build a player on whatever baseball video game it would be DLC. 99 in every category

But this is a real player, just nuts
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 11:02 PM)Earendil Wrote: This team is something. DLC reminds me of a left-handed Eric Davis.

The best part is that he isn't a left handed Eric Davis. He's a switch hitting Eric Davis :)
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 11:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Elly is something else. I haven’t been this hyped about the Reds in years.

Someone on the Bally Sports broadcast called him a once in a 100 years kind of player.  I might not bet my life on it, but I wouldn't bet against it, either.
Reply/Quote
Game today is sold out again. Ashcraft is back also. Hopefully that time off gets him back on track.
Reply/Quote
Crazy stats from a crazy game.

1) David Bell made no changes other than pitchers. It's rare for him to end the game with four bench players available, especially in a close game.
2) The Reds gave up 10 runs on 16 hits and still win with only nine hits. Chris Welsh said it was their 13th win while being outhit this year.
3) Nine home runs in the game, five by the Braves.
4) The Reds had more strikeouts than hits(10 to 9) and still scored 11 runs. DLC was the only Reds hitter to not strikeout.
5) They also had nine free passes, six walks and three hit by pitch, to match their nine hits.
6) The first three hitters went a combined 1 for 10 . . . but still scored five runs!
7) Adding to that, Maile's single was the only hit from #7 in the lineup through #2 (Steer, Stephenson, Friedl and McClain went hitless). I'm not sure that I've ever seen a game where a team had a stretch of five straight batters in their lineup go 1-15 and they still scored in five straight innings - 0,2,2,1,4,2,0,0,x - And Maile's hit didn't even really contribute because it was in the 7th inning when they didn't score.

12 in a row
Elly De La Cruz Cycle
SIX games over .500
Still in first by 1.5 games
Now tied for 9th for best record in baseball(tied with Astros and Yankees)
Ashcraft back this morning
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
They just said tomorrow's starter Ben Lively was just placed on the IL. Starter TBD so they better win today because tomorrow could be ugly.
Reply/Quote
Damn.

Fairchild optioned - He's going to get more playing time. I liked watching him slowly climb up to hit in the .230s, but an outfield of Friedl, Fraley and Speer looks to be set for awhile with Votto back. I think three lefties and one infield righty playing the outfield is a bit much it looks like Benson's play sent Fairchild down more than Fairchild's play.

Legumina on the IL - haven't seen enough to know if he has what it takes, so far . . . no.

But now, Lively is on the IL - I've been liking Lively's outings. He's another battler that comes right at them and is confident in his stuff. This is either bad or opens the door for another no name to get his shot to impress. I seem to be open to giving rookies a shot for some reason. I wonder where it came from?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Well the win streak was fun while it lasted. (It worked yesterday so why not)
Reply/Quote