Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds March/April 2024 Thread
(04-23-2024, 11:34 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I have serious doubts H. Greene is going to make it as a starting pitcher?? In the 2nd-5th innings yesterday he gave up a run per inning. The announcer's were even commenting on how hard he was getting hit. He just doesn't have enough pitches in his toolbox to last over several innings.

Are any of the minor league pitchers doing ok?
He's Travis Wood. I'll die on that hill.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 11:34 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I have serious doubts H. Greene is going to make it as a starting pitcher?? In the 2nd-5th innings yesterday he gave up a run per inning. The announcer's were even commenting on how hard he was getting hit. He just doesn't have enough pitches in his toolbox to last over several innings.

Are any of the minor league pitchers doing ok?

Last year's number 1 pick, Rhett Lowder, is off to a good start, but that is at high A Dayton.  3 starts, 13 innings, 2.70 ERA.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/reds/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 03:15 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Last year's number 1 pick, Rhett Lowder, is off to a good start, but that is at high A Dayton.  3 starts, 13 innings, 2.70 ERA.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/reds/

I just have a feeling they're going to have to make a move with Greene sometime in the not too distant future. He's just not developing as a starter.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 04:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I just have a feeling they're going to have to make a move with Greene sometime in the not too distant future. He's just not developing as a starter.

My brother thinks he's a closer.  
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 04:43 PM)Goalpost Wrote: My brother thinks he's a closer.  

It really seems to be shaping up that way.
Reply/Quote
Dominant win against the hottest team in baseball. Elly did a bit of everything tonight (stolen base, HR, incredible defensive play).

Reply/Quote
Great night! Phillies 7 game win streak is over and Turners 11 game hit streak/ 14 game on base streak is also over.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Win 13 and enough April left that Reds should get 15 on month. If more than 15, even better. 15 x 6 months = 90
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
CES is slowly bringing it on, and we need it. Elly is blossoming into a true star before our eyes. Espinal had a good night and seems to be decent on defense.

Steer is in a mini slump but I'm sure he'll be okay. He's hit some balls hard just right at people. Benson and Candelario are a bit worrisome. Batting .189 and .188

We've got Lodolo going tonight so hopefully we can get another W.
Reply/Quote
What a difference a day makes. from 0-7 to 8-1.

CES is now over .200 for just the second day this season (he got up to .203 for one day before falling back down under .200 the next game), which is an achievement after such a bad start (at one point he was .136/.133/.250/.383)

Elly has remained hot and leads MLB in steals. His OPS of 1.043 is 4th best in baseball and he's tied for 3rd in baseball with 7 HRs.

Hopefully yesterday was the last day of the Stuart Fairchild lead off game that David is playing.

Friedl can't come back soon enough haha.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2024, 09:56 AM)CJD Wrote: What a difference a day makes. from 0-7 to 8-1.

CES is now over .200 for just the second day this season (he got up to .203 for one day before falling back down under .200 the next game), which is an achievement after such a bad start (at one point he was .136/.133/.250/.383)

Elly has remained hot and leads MLB in steals. His OPS of 1.043 is 4th best in baseball and he's tied for 3rd in baseball with 7 HRs.

Hopefully yesterday was the last day of the Stuart Fairchild lead off game that David is playing.

Friedl can't come back soon enough haha.

India was doing, ok, at leadoff but then he fell off a few games before he went out sick. Hoping he can get it back together.

And yes I can't wait for Friedl and McClain to get back. 
Reply/Quote
Looking ahead a bit, we've got a fairly hard schedule the rest of April and May. Every team is a .500 ball club or better as of now. That could change a lot by middle of May and later so who knows?

They have Martinez slated to start the last game v. Phillies so Montas must be taking a game off. And I guess rightfully so. I just hope we don't dig a hole in these first couple months with this up and down offense and sometimes questionable starting pitching.

It's so hard to play catch up down the stretch.
Reply/Quote
Cruz coming up clutch again.

Reply/Quote
Hell of a win.

Reply/Quote
Great win and guarantees a series split with a chance to win the series tomorrow!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
14-10 without Friedl and McClain. Hard to complain about that.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 01:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 14-10 without Friedl and McClain. Hard to complain about that.

The team is fairing better than I thought because of the injured players. I hope the success continues. If Greene can become a consistent starter then there is even more room for optimism. 
Reply/Quote
Lets hope Martinez doesn't have to start anymore.
Reply/Quote