Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds March/April 2024 Thread
Brewers absolutely own this team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Looks like we would have been better off with a postponement.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Is Greene ever going to get it together?
Reply/Quote
**** yeah Elly

Reply/Quote
Reds lose 7-2 tonight. Pitching still suspect. So was the hitting.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
EDLC on a 5 game tear at the plate... but the Reds pitching have allowed 33 runs in that span. Thankfully the Cardinals lost so we're not last in the division, but no longer having a winning record is tough.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Reds have tossed away an early advantage in scheduling. Reds are only 6-6, with 9 of the games having been at home.
Reply/Quote
At least the Brewers didn't curb stomp us today.
Reply/Quote
EDLC is on an absolute rampage at the plate right now.

Reply/Quote
Reds win 11-1 tonight. About time the pitching and hitting look good. Keep it up.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
It's early, but if you have Steer or De La Cruz in Fantasy, they are 2 of the best in MLB to have.

I like that Reds are above .500 and are still having Viking Helmet Fun. An old veteran came back to Reds at mid season last year and didn't seem to be into the kids Viking Helmet Fun. He is gone, and I like seeing the kids on this team having fun. I like a team that enjoys coming to the ball park, for I have seen teams that seem to hate being at the ball park. As a tool and die owner once said, there is nothing wrong with a person liking their job. I agree, and I think this Reds team enjoying the game this much is a Good Thing.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The reason Elly De La Cruz is my favorite player is because I've never seen a player like him before.

I've never been more excited about a single than when it comes off of Elly's bat because I know that that single can turn into a double or even triple in just a few pitches because of how fast he is.

At the same time, any at bat he has can turn into a 450 ft bomb.

I don't think a player has ever existed that is simultaneously one of the fastest players in the game AND one of the most powerful. At least not in my time watching baseball (There's probably a guy from the 20s named Long Legs McGillicuddy who was the fastest and strongest player in the league). If I google it, Willie Mays may have been of that build, but that was a long time ago.

And when Elly is on, I like watching baseball more than I like watching football.

And that's a crazy thing to say for me.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 12:49 PM)CJD Wrote: The reason Elly De La Cruz is my favorite player is because I've never seen a player like him before.

I've never been more excited about a single than when it comes off of Elly's bat because I know that that single can turn into a double or even triple in just a few pitches because of how fast he is.

At the same time, any at bat he has can turn into a 450 ft bomb.

I don't think a player has ever existed that is simultaneously one of the fastest players in the game AND one of the most powerful. At least not in my time watching baseball (There's probably a guy from the 20s named Long Legs McGillicuddy who was the fastest and strongest player in the league). If I google it, Willie Mays may have been of that build, but that was a long time ago.

And when Elly is on, I like watching baseball more than I like watching football.

And that's a crazy thing to say for me.

Eric Davis might be comparable.  He had a 27 HR, 80 SB year in only 132 games in '86.  Little Joe was close but didn't hit 450 foot homers. 

Edit...I think I read recently that there has never been a 30/80 player in MLB history.
Reply/Quote
Team nearly slipping below .500?

The White Sox Series: For What Ails You!

Reply/Quote
Lodolo looked great and all 3 outfielders making incredible diving catches.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 03:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Team nearly slipping below .500?

The White Sox Series: For What Ails You!

Yep

The W. Sox have the next to worst team B.A. in MLB - .198

Still great to see Lodolo getting his legs under him.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 01:26 PM)Goalpost Wrote:  
Eric Davis might be comparable.  He had a 27 HR, 80 SB year in only 132 games in '86.  Little Joe was close but didn't hit 450 foot homers. 

Edit...I think I read recently that there has never been a 30/80 player in MLB history.

Don’t think there has been. Pretty sure Acuna has the record with 40/70.

Reply/Quote
Reds win 5-0 today. Keep it going.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Why is Bell so hellbent on keeping our worst batter in the three hole??
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 02:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Why is Bell so hellbent on keeping our worst batter in the three hole??
Be happy he moved Candellario down. He is 2 for 2. Small blessings. Small blessings.
Reply/Quote