Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds March/April 2024 Thread
Crap. Friday's game is on Apple TV+. I hate it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 03:43 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Crap. Friday's game is on Apple TV+. I hate it.
Lol. I'm a T Mobile customer and get this season on MLB.tv for free as a bonus. I registered it three days ago and since then, the games have been blacked out due to yada yada blah blah. Go figure. But at least the audio has been available!
Reply/Quote
Go figure Hunter has a great night only for the bats to go silent. So frustrating. And don't get me started on Error De La Strikeout. It's gonna be a LONG season with him at SS. Sadly we lost McClain and Arroyo to surgery, and Marte to suspension. So it's ride or die w Elly for 2024. Hope he gets things figured out and fast.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 11:51 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Go figure Hunter has a great night only for the bats to go silent. So frustrating. And don't get me started on Error De La Strikeout. It's gonna be a LONG season with him at SS. Sadly we lost McClain and Arroyo to surgery, and Marte to suspension. So it's ride or die w Elly for 2024. Hope he gets things figured out and fast.

He obviously still has work to do (no shit - he’s 22) but he’s currently on a 12 game hitting streak, and had another double tonight.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 12:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He obviously still has work to do (no shit - he’s 22) but he’s currently on a 12 game hitting streak, and had another double tonight.
The strikeouts I can deal with to an extent, as he is still finding ways to get on base, but these errors are run-producing inning-extenders. Some of which have directly led to losses. Gotta clean that up, and fast.
Reply/Quote
They need to send him to the minors for a few weeks. That might straighten his ass out.

And I don't care how neat of a story it is about Cruz . . . he should not be put in during tight games. Bell is always too late to see this with his bullpen.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 01:16 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: The strikeouts I can deal with to an extent, as he is still finding ways to get on base, but these errors are run-producing inning-extenders. Some of which have directly led to losses. Gotta clean that up, and fast.

?

.276 on base percentage this year, career .299 OBP. That is really bad, he isn't getting on base.

Guy is on pace for 324 strikeouts and 92.5 errors while having an OPS+ of 87.

It wouldn't worry me because of a small sample size this year so far, but he has a massive amount of strikeouts and errors last year too, and had a 89 OPS+. So it isn't like he is suddenly struggling in these facets. Needs to go down to AAA to learn to either hit or field (ideally both). Can't try to figure out both while in the majors.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Gotta move CES out of the #3 spot. Not sure why he was given it and Steer isn't there after hitting well there last year while batting the most at that spot.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Damn nice comeback!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Man oh man does Spencer Steer just continue to impress. Usually "utility" players suffer at the plate because they're moved around so often, can't get comfortable with a set slot in the line up, and are often playing due to their defense. Steer just rakes wherever you put him! And thus far, he hasn't been a defensive liability in the outfield.

Shot out to Elly for running out that check swing contact in that 8th inning, setting up that 3R HR by Steer! AND for not throwing the final out into the dugout!
Reply/Quote
Reds get a comeback win today and look good. Diaz gave up a run in the 9th which does not do well for him. I hope pitching is not our demise this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 08:51 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Man oh man does Spencer Steer just continue to impress. Usually "utility" players suffer at the plate because they're moved around so often, can't get comfortable with a set slot in the line up, and are often playing due to their defense. Steer just rakes wherever you put him! And thus far, he hasn't been a defensive liability in the outfield.

Shot out to Elly for running out that check swing contact in that 8th inning, setting up that 3R HR by Steer! AND for not throwing the final out into the dugout!

Steer has been the most "consistent" bat we've had for a good while now. So Bell bury's him in the bottom of the lineup and puts a guy batting .145 or something batting 3rd.
Reply/Quote
Tiebreaker today. Reds go for 3rd straight series win.
Reply/Quote
Reds lose today. Just couldn't get the hits coming. Pitching was okay.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Going 3 for 28 with RISP over three games will not often result in a series win.

But our pitching was really good with the exception of one really bad inning for Nick Martinez.

I feel awful for Antone though. My assumption is that his career is over. He has just suffered too many injuries to that arm. If I were him, I would hang it up before he gets irreparably hurt.
Reply/Quote
Reds struck out 41 percent of their outs vs the Mets. The Reds neutralize their own speed advantage when they do this.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 10:27 AM)CJD Wrote: Going 3 for 28 with RISP over three games will not often result in a series win.

But our pitching was really good with the exception of one really bad inning for Nick Martinez.

I feel awful for Antone though. My assumption is that his career is over. He has just suffered too many injuries to that arm. If I were him, I would hang it up before he gets irreparably hurt.

For sure

My heart goes out to the guy, it sucks. But it sure seems his arm/shoulder just isn't going to hold up to 95 MPH fastballs. 
Reply/Quote
Antone is hurt again?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 10:32 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Reds struck out 41 percent of their outs vs the Mets.  The Reds neutralize their own speed advantage when they do this.

Oh for sure !! They've got to settle down at the plate soon because they're gonna look up and it's gonna be mid May.
Reply/Quote
So the team is bad defensively and plagued with injuries. We have nice, young talent (excluding the roider). I don't think they'll be making the playoffs.

Bring on Burrow and minicamp!
Reply/Quote