Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds March/April 2024 Thread
First NL Central series for Reds.....Milwaukee Brewers at Cincinnati.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 01:47 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: So the team is bad defensively and plagued with injuries. We have nice, young talent (excluding the roider). I don't think they'll be making the playoffs.

Bring on Burrow and minicamp!

I'm not ready to throw in the towel already, but I know what you mean. It already seems the stars just aren't going to line up this season. But there's 153 games to go so perhaps things will turn around soon? 

At least we are 5-4 instead of 2-7 or something like they've had a habit of starting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey, perhaps a bit of good news?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/reds-manager-announces-former-first-round-pick-will-return-saturday/ar-BB1lhQw2?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ASTS&cvid=c067b3db6b6945f1a79061995bfa9529&ei=11
Reply/Quote
Some rough defense by the Brewers, but Benson is smashing some baseballs and 5-0 lead is nothing to sneeze at.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Brewers Defense Theme Music:

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Is this really happening? Up 8-0 at one point and now up only 9-8.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
WOW!!! EDLC first hits a 450ft bomb and now an inside the park homer!
Reply/Quote
What a game for Elly. There is nobody more exciting when he has it going.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 12:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What a game for Elly. There is nobody more exciting when he has it going.

For sure

I'm hoping this spark gets him going. 
Reply/Quote
I am very glad that Elly finally got his first home run of the season. There were fans questioning if removing the leg kick from his wind up may have decreased his power at the plate, so it was nice that his first HR was a 450 ft blast.

The inside the park HR was just vintage Elly. You really can't make a single mistake against Elly because he is so fast, he'll take an extra bag or two before you even collect the ball.

Early baseball is funny because on game can drastically change the outlook of a players' season.

Before the game last night, Elly's line was .242/.324/.394/.718. Underwhelming across the board.

After the game last night, Elly's line is now .297/.366/.595/.960. His WAR also increased by 0.6 in that one game, from -0.1 to 0.5.

Not to mention, he has 6 SB, tied for 2nd in MLB.

The Reds team leads the majors in stolen bases with 22 and are tied for the lead league in triples (we lead the majors if you consider Elly's inside the parker is basically a triple that Elly's speed turned into a HR). This team is the fastest in baseball.

Will Benson also played outstandingly against a left handed pitcher, something that he wasn't really given the opportunity to do last year. He is blossoming into an every day player right before our eyes.

This young core is incredible, and I just hope CES gets back on track soon.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 09:10 AM)CJD Wrote: I am very glad that Elly finally got his first home run of the season. There were fans questioning if removing the leg kick from his wind up may have decreased his power at the plate, so it was nice that his first HR was a 450 ft blast.

The inside the park HR was just vintage Elly. You really can't make a single mistake against Elly because he is so fast, he'll take an extra bag or two before you even collect the ball.

Early baseball is funny because on game can drastically change the outlook of a players' season.

Before the game last night, Elly's line was .242/.324/.394/.718. Underwhelming across the board.

After the game last night, Elly's line is now .297/.366/.595/.960. His WAR also increased by 0.6 in that one game, from -0.1 to 0.5.

Not to mention, he has 6 SB, tied for 2nd in MLB.

The Reds team leads the majors in stolen bases with 22 and are tied for the lead league in triples (we lead the majors if you consider Elly's inside the parker is basically a triple that Elly's speed turned into a HR). This team is the fastest in baseball.

Will Benson also played outstandingly against a left handed pitcher, something that he wasn't really given the opportunity to do last year. He is blossoming into an every day player right before our eyes.

This young core is incredible, and I just hope CES gets back on track soon.

Me too

He's the one regular player who has pretty much sucked at the plate thus far. But it's still way early, no panic yet. I Just wish Bell would move him down in the lineup.
Reply/Quote
Well this is an ugly game. They did mention that Lodolo is set to make is return on Saturday.
Reply/Quote
It was nice to see CES come a bit out of his funk. But that was about it. Too many runners left in scoring position with no results (3-15)

Hopefully Greene can produce tonight. And our bats won't be so silent.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 08:38 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It was nice to see CES come a bit out of his funk. But that was about it. Too many runners left in scoring position with no results (3-15)

Hopefully Greene can produce tonight. And our bats won't be so silent.

What network/service are you viewing the games on?  I've got too much going on to pay for a package and watch every day, but I do like to catch a game every now and then.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Guys on 2nd and 3rd with no outs in the 9th and getting nothing out of it is absolutely brutal. If Benson realized he had struck out sooner, he may have been able to leg that one out, but the other two at bats were just awful. Uribe is an outstanding pitcher, but you can't allow him to strike out 3 players (your #2, 3 and 4 hitters no less) with runners in scoring position.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 08:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What network/service are you viewing the games on?  I've got too much going on to pay for a package and watch every day, but I do like to catch a game every now and then.

I said I wasn't going to do it. But after missing the first 9 games I broke down and paid for Bally sports Ohio, LOL. But I really doubt I keep my cable service going all summer. It's waayyyyy to expensive.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 01:05 PM)CJD Wrote: Guys on 2nd and 3rd with no outs in the 9th and getting nothing out of it is absolutely brutal. If Benson realized he had struck out sooner, he may have been able to leg that one out, but the other two at bats were just awful. Uribe is an outstanding pitcher, but you can't allow him to strike out 3 players (your #2, 3 and 4 hitters no less) with runners in scoring position.

They had runners on 2nd and 3rd with either no outs or 1 out in like the 5th inning or so also and came up with nothing !! As well
Reply/Quote
I've been telling myself just shut up. But I can't help it I just have to vent.

Why in the hell does Bell keep Steer (who's leading MLB) in RBI's - 15 buried at the bottom of the lineup?? Steer is batting .400 with an OPS of 1.264 for crying out loud.

But you keep CES and Candelairo whom are both batting .163 and only 9 RBI's between em batting 3rd and 4th. Both of them are below .230 in OBP

I get it the season is still young and things will probably even out. But for now take advantage of your hot bat. India has an OBP of .404 Let Speer knock him and whoever's batting 2nd in.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 02:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I said I wasn't going to do it. But after missing the first 9 games I broke down and paid for Bally sports Ohio, LOL. But I really doubt I keep my cable service going all summer. It's waayyyyy to expensive.

I stream through YouTube TV and already have the sports package. Seemed like Fox Sports Ohio carried some games last year, I guess Bally must have bought up all the rights? Anyway, on evenings that I have time for it, I guess I could always listen to the radio feed, just like back in the Marty and Joe days.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2024, 02:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been telling myself just shut up. But I can't help it I just have to vent.

Why in the hell does Bell keep Steer (who's leading MLB) in RBI's - 15 buried at the bottom of the lineup?? Steer is batting .400 with an OPS of 1.264 for crying out loud.

But you keep CES and Candelairo whom are both batting .163 and only 9 RBI's between em batting 3rd and 4th. Both of them are below .230 in OBP

I get it the season is still young and things will probably even out. But for now take advantage of your hot bat. India has an OBP of .404 Let Speer knock him and whoever's batting 2nd in.

Have I ever talked to you about my love of David Bell's managerial skills?

No?

Good.

I've drunk dialed before, I wasn't sure if I had ever ''drunk typed''.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote