Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds May 2024 thread
(05-10-2024, 04:59 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: The Reds are now 0 for May. What’s the over under for wins the rest of May? My guess is 7 or 8.  

They may come back from that west coast trip 0-10 or 1-9.  

The Reds are toast, this season is. Over, nice job Reds management.

They have 20 games left in May but 7 of them vs Dodgers. But I'm going to be optimistic and say they win 9.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
2 hits, 2 steals, and 2 runs already for Elly. I just can’t get over how much fun this dude is to watch.

Reply/Quote
7 hits what is this sorcery?

Reply/Quote
Holy shit Fairchild with an inside the park home run off the bench.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 01:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Holy shit Fairchild with an inside the park home run off the bench.

That was probably a bad decision to send him home because he was toast if that throw was on target but luckily it wasn't so they got away with it.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
THE LOSING STREAK IS OVER!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Good...Losing streak ends....There is No Fun in an 8 game losing streak....I want to see some wins and more Viking Helmet Fun this season out of Reds.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I had to go outside afterward to check to see if the sky was falling or Armageddon had started, but THE LOSING STREAK IS OVER!
Reply/Quote
Holy crap hell musta froze over
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 08:06 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I had to go outside afterward to check to see if the sky was falling or Armageddon had started, but THE LOSING STREAK IS OVER!

No it was just all purple and crazy looking. ;)

Reply/Quote
Time to get the shovel start digging out of the hole they put themselves in.

The bad news is that they are in a tough road stretch vs some very good teams.

The good news is that the pitching is really tough right now. Five starters in the rotation that give you a shot at winning every single game..

They must get run support, plain and simple. Pitchers can't go out there under the immense pressure of needing to hold squads like the Dodgers to 3 runs or less. Let them breathe and get some confidence.

500 on this road trip is an absolute win right now.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 01:33 AM)cinci4life Wrote: That was probably a bad decision to send him home because he was toast if that throw was on target but luckily it wasn't so they got away with it.

This team lives off the motto, "Make your opponent make a play."

That's evidenced by all the times Elly has stolen 3rd base, which is traditionally an insanely risky play, but Elly makes it look easy.

And, in Fairchild's case, they did not make a play.
Reply/Quote
On paper today's game is one we should win. We have Lodolo pitching who's been looking really good. SF has Mason Black making his second carrer start. On Monday he gave up 5 runs on 8 hits with 3 walks and 4 K's.
Reply/Quote
Good thing it's just the first inning.
Reply/Quote
How many times are these idiots going to get thrown out at 2nd???
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 09:56 PM)cinci4life Wrote: How many times are these idiots going to get thrown out at 2nd???

I listened to a local sports radio guy get on a caller for wanting to can Bell.  He continuously asked what specific issue he had a problem with in Bell's handing of the team.  The guy could't muster any coherent reply.

My reply would be what's turning into malpractice on the base paths.  Aggressive is great and it's a big part of their game.  Reckless is a different deal, particularly when your team is struggling to manufacture runs.  Taking chances has kept them out of this game.  They really need to re-visit running just to put pressure on the defense.  They are giving away outs and innings.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 10:11 PM)samhain Wrote: I listened to a local sports radio guy get on a caller for wanting to can Bell.  He continuously asked what specific issue he had a problem with in Bell's handing of the team.  The guy could't muster any coherent reply.

My reply would be what's turning into malpractice on the base paths.  Aggressive is great and it's a big part of their game.  Reckless is a different deal, particularly when your team is struggling to manufacture runs.  Taking chances has kept them out of this game.  They really need to re-visit running just to put pressure on the defense.  They are giving away outs and innings.

Was it Lance McAlister? Dude is the biggest Bell apologist there is.

Reply/Quote
So it's back to normal again, good.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2024, 11:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Was it Lance McAlister? Dude is the biggest Bell apologist there is.

It was Mo.  Admittedly, the caller was being a bit ridiculous.  He couldn't come up with a single fireable offense, he just wanted Bell fired.  
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2024, 10:29 AM)samhain Wrote: It was Mo.  Admittedly, the caller was being a bit ridiculous.  He couldn't come up with a single fireable offense, he just wanted Bell fired.  
Reply/Quote