Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
(08-14-2019, 11:02 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This may explain things...

Didn't somebody mention that about.. was it Disco a week or two ago ?

I was a little unsure about Bauer but not counting today I like what I've seen so far, I like the intensity and striving to improve.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 09:25 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Well that sucked.

Reds without Bell 4-2

Reds since Bell has come back 2-5

Just sayin'

Things that make you say hmmmmmmmm
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 11:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Didn't somebody mention that about.. was it Disco a week or two ago ?

I was a little unsure about Bauer but not counting today I like what I've seen so far, I like the intensity and striving to improve.

If Disco and Bauer are tipping pitches, this is something Johnson should have recognized.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 11:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Disco and Bauer are tipping pitches, this is something Johnson should have recognized.  

I agree but I can't really complain about him, this staff has improved a lot this season. Let's hope they can pick up what it is and get it fixed.
Reply/Quote
OK, Reds took a boot right up the rear end. Washington laid it on them in that Sweep.

Still, it's the Reds 1st series loss in 7 weeks.

Reds need to get behind Gray and beat Cardinals Thursday and get behind Castillo and beat Cardinals Friday going into Saturday & Sunday games with Cardinals. They can fall apart, or they can get back on the winning track.

GO REDS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 03:07 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I halfheartedly counted and got 14-23 in 1 Run Games.

Add to that the absolutely dreadful record in day games and that explains the whole season.  If they were even at .500 in either of those categories, the whole season would be way different.  It's not like any of the three teams ahead of them in the division have been killing it.  The division was really there for the taking.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 09:25 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Well that sucked.

Reds without Bell 4-2

Reds since Bell has come back 2-5

Just sayin'

Bell is clearly a problem.  Sad thing is, no way he gets the boot.  They'll hide behind the whole it was his first year argument.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 07:47 AM)McC Wrote: Add to that the absolutely dreadful record in day games and that explains the whole season.  If they were even at .500 in either of those categories, the whole season would be way different.  It's not like any of the three teams ahead of them in the division have been killing it.  The division was really there for the taking.

Yes it was and that's the really sad thing.
Reply/Quote

Lets see how they do without Votto.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 06:52 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
Lets see how they do without Votto.

Reds are 5-6 this year when Votto does not start.

Josh has been hitting really well the last 3 weeks.  Through July 23rd he had played 36 games and was only hitting .232 with a .348 ob% and .339 slg% (.787 OPS).  Since then he has hit .333/.397/.596 for a whopping .993 OPS.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 07:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Reds are 5-6 this year when Votto does not start.

It seems they do not rest Votto often.  I am just curious.  Is Votto Injured?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Reds win a close one for once
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
A painful death to who first thought it's "cool" to constantly yell the Rick Flair "Woooo!" near the end of a baseball game.

Great job by Gray today, bullpen did well also.

Dumb Bell . . . you can't protect the lines if your third basemen is playing near the SS. Standard little league coaches have a better defense than David Bell. AGAIN . . . the only flaw by the pitching staff could have been avoided if they hadn't been playing the shift.

Wong hits an outside pitch on a save swing and instead of it being a pitchers pitch, David Bell turns EVERY pitch into a hitters pitch . . . either pitch into a hitters strength and hope for a groundout into the shift or throw on the outside of the plate and , what would be a routine lineout in a normal defense, is now a double down the line.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:22 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: A painful death to who first thought it's "cool" to constantly yell the Rick Flair "Woooo!" near the end of a baseball game.

Dumb Bell . . . you can't protect the lines if your third basemen is playing near the SS. Standard little league coaches have a better defense than David Bell. AGAIN . . . the only flaw by the pitching staff could have been avoided if they hadn't been playing the shift.

Wong hits an outside pitch on a save swing and instead of it being a pitchers pitch, David Bell turns EVERY pitch into a hitters pitch . . . either pitch into a hitters strength and hope for a groundout into the shift or throw on the outside of the plate and , what would be a routine lineout in a normal defense, is now a double down the line.

I couldn't despise anything more about todays baseball than that wooooooing that gets started about 7th inning in damn near every game you watch.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:22 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: A painful death to who first thought it's "cool" to constantly yell the Rick Flair "Woooo!" near the end of a baseball game.

I agree but I want to add a slow painful death
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I couldn't despise anything more about todays baseball than that wooooooing that gets started about 7th inning in damn near every game you watch.

I actually turn the game off whenever woooing starts and follow the game online. I also stopped going to games. It’s cool to have fun and I can handle people being loud but a continuous, childish noise meant to annoy people, it does just that. I wish they would put an end to that. It does play a small part in their attendance, rather they admit it or not. Those people are obviously not there for the purpose of watching the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:11 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I actually turn the game off whenever woooing starts and follow the game online.  I also stopped going to games. It’s cool to have fun and I can handle people being loud but a continuous, childish noise meant to annoy people, it does just that. I wish they would put an end to that. It does play a small part in their attendance, rather they admit it or not. Those people are obviously not there for the purpose of watching the game.

I've actually thought about writing MLB and the Reds to ask about that very thing. I was just bitching to the wife about it while trying to watch a game a week or so ago.

I'd say the response would be we can't stop people from cheering or some such words ? But it very much ain't cheering, like you say it's about being an annoying @whole.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:20 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've actually thought about writing MLB and the Reds to ask about that very thing. I was just bitching to the wife about it while trying to watch a game a week or so ago.

I'd say the response would be we can't stop people from cheering or some such words ? But it very much ain't cheering, like you say it's about being an annoying @whole.

I wish there was a way that fans could unite on this. If I go to a game and they start that crap and it lingers, I’m asking for my money back. I don’t expect movie theater etiquette at all but repetitive yelling the same thing would annoy anyone that is there to actually watch the game. It’s like they want the fans to watch them instead of the game.
Reply/Quote
https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/joey-votto-sits-with-lower-back-tightness

I can't help but wonder about these "injuries" and if they aren't really just ways to give a guy a rest or even bench then without benching them ?

What I'd like to see happen soon and especially as it becomes crystal clear we ain't making the post season, which should again be real soon. Is for Votto to tell Bell to get the young guys out there and I'll do some pine riding. And who knows perhaps he already did just that ?
Reply/Quote
Castillo getting lit up like a Christmas tree.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote