Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Month of August Games Thread
(08-04-2019, 04:31 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Watching Senzel miss that fly ball at the wall, I could hear my high school baseball coach yelling from the dugout "DON'T DRIFT, GAWD DAMMITT!! RUN TO THE SPOT!!"
You're absolutely right but he's an infielder still learning to play CF.  This time next year, he probably catches that ball.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
And of course Acuna hits a tying homer after he likely should have been tossed from the game.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Garrett is Rob Dibble. A heck of a set-up man . . . one shitty closer.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Trevor Bauer just said to himself "Looks like I'm going to need to complete every game in Cincinnati."
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Note to self--

Never, ever watch another Reds day game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Well at least Stephenson got out of it but I still blame the home plate ump. That was the second time in the game Acuna threw his arms in the air at a strike call and on top of that taking his sweet time getting back in the box. I don't care if it's the 9th inning he has to be ejected.
Reply/Quote
Tucker with a 3 run bomb!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 06:08 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Tucker with a 3 run bomb!!!

Ho-ly shit.  

Reply/Quote
First of all, to Braves fans--take those tomahawks and shove 'em up your asses.

Now, two things--

This is a win to hang your hats on. Wouldn't it be nice if this sent them on a tear?

Second, could we maybe have something in Aquino?

Reply/Quote
A Much Needed Win. Reds won 3 series in a row and got a 4 game split against NL East Power Atlanta. ....So Reds haven't lost a series in a while.....GO REDS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 06:21 PM)McC Wrote: First of all, to Braves fans--take those tomahawks and shove 'em up your asses.

Now, two things--

This is a win to hang your hats on.  Wouldn't it be nice if this sent them on a tear?

Second, could we maybe have something in Aquino?

I think Aquino and Van Meter need a bunch of playing time to finish out, see what they got.

Nice win !  :andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hear the umps are having a bad year in general this year. It may not be long until they invent some way to use computerized strike zones at least to assist umps.

Good win today. The Reds will be competitive the rest of the season regardless who they play against. The SP is one of the best in the league except maybe Houston.

Reds need hitters. Dietrich has lost his mojo and Iggy needs more playing time at SS. I could see the Reds winning the next two series and maybe win 5/6 of the next few games. The last month of the schedule become easier. They may not look like contenders but with this pitching they are. They need some relievers though. Bull pen not quite there.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Another big game in playing catch up. A 2 game series with Angels in Cincy. Castillo on the mound. Reds could use an All-Star game out of All-Star Castillo and win game 1. It avoids losing series and getting swept. I guarantees a tie with chance for Reds to go for winning series and a sweep. Reds are 6 under .500. I still think they can't win NL Central under .500 and they can't afford to go backwards. REds have Cubs in end of week. Castillo pitches Monday and Sunday against Cubs. Castillo winning both games would be huge as Reds trying to move up in standings.

So GO CASTILLO and win Monday. Reds would move to 5 under .500 with chance to climb up more this week. We all know Reds have to run off some wins in a row to move up. This week against Angels and the Cubs in Cincy is the opportunity they need to take advantage of. GO REDS. .....Disco, Wood, Bauer, Gray and bookend of Castillo beginning and end of week.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Very interested in seeing Wood vs Hamels and the Cubs. The Cubs have a problem with lefties.

Weather permitting, here's the upcoming pitching match ups
Angels
Castillo vs Sandoval
DeSclafani vs Suarez
Cubs
Wood vs Hamels
Bauer vs Darvish
Gray vs Hendricks
Castillo vs Lester
@ Nationals - No Scherzer scheduled
DeSclafani vs Sanchez
Wood vs Ross
Bauer vs Strasberg
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
4-0 Reds in the first!!!! 5-0 Now!!!
Reply/Quote
And Trout drops a fly ball. Looking like the Reds night!
Reply/Quote
With Bell out of the way . . . looks like the Reds starters are getting a little more playing time after 100 pitches.

Hopefully Dumb Bell learns that his "book" of when to make decisions is all bullshit.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 10:14 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: With Bell out of the way . . . looks like the Reds starters are getting a little more playing time after 100 pitches.

Hopefully Dumb Bell learns that his "book" of when to make decisions is all bullshit.

The announcers noted after the messed up squeeze with Castillo batting that in Bell's absence the stolen base attempts, hit and runs, squeeze play's and such are up, a good bit. Hopefully Bell is taking notes.
Reply/Quote
Wandy has sucked since the All-Star break of his rookie year. He had one hell of a first half . . . and then the league figured out that he can't consistently throw strikes.

He needs to go.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 10:52 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Wandy has sucked since the All-Star break of his rookie year. He had one hell of a first half . . . and then the league figured out that he can't consistently throw strikes.

He needs to go.

Yep, every game he comes into I start cringing ! It's almost as bad as Hoover coming in there 4 or 5 years ago.
Reply/Quote