Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reds celebrate the Bengals
(04-18-2022, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bet it was Zac's college number.

It was.  Here is a picture of him from this article  Remembering 'The Drive,' Zac Taylor's signature moment as a Husker:

https://omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/football/remembering-the-drive-zac-taylors-signature-moment-as-a-husker/article_6231f0d2-f690-573b-a74e-cf7b01a67367.html

[Image: m4OEbae.png]

The article is an interesting read as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The Reds are going back to the Bengals for help. On Friday Vonn Bell, Eli Apple, and Trey Hendrickson are throwing out simultaneous first pitches. I love the Bengals, but the Reds needing Bengals players to help drive attendance is beyond sad

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 12:03 PM)pally Wrote: The Reds are going back to the Bengals for help.  On Friday Vonn Bell, Eli Apple, and Trey Hendrickson are throwing out simultaneous first pitches.  I love the Bengals, but the Reds needing Bengals players to help drive attendance is beyond sad

Next the Reds need to have some Bengals Board hall of fame members throwing out a first pitch with Chad Johnson as the catcher.  Or if they have all Bengals Board hall of fame members throwing out a simultaneous first pitch have Carson Palmer in a dunking booth as the target.   Now that is something that would get me to go to the game.    Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 12:03 PM)pally Wrote: The Reds are going back to the Bengals for help.  On Friday Vonn Bell, Eli Apple, and Trey Hendrickson are throwing out simultaneous first pitches.  I love the Bengals, but the Reds needing Bengals players to help drive attendance is beyond sad

Do people actually go to games just because of who throws out the first pitch?
Seems dumb to me, but to each their own.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 12:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Next the Reds need to have some Bengals Board hall of fame members throwing out a first pitch with Chad Johnson as the catcher.  Or if they have all Bengals Board hall of fame members throwing out a simultaneous first pitch have Carson Palmer in a dunking booth as the target.   Now that is something that would get me to go to the game.    Ninja

I bet a lot of fans would show up and pay money to have a chance to dunk the Castellinis.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 12:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Next the Reds need to have some Bengals Board hall of fame members throwing out a first pitch with Chad Johnson as the catcher.  Or if they have all Bengals Board hall of fame members throwing out a simultaneous first pitch have Carson Palmer in a dunking booth as the target.   Now that is something that would get me to go to the game.    Ninja

I throw like a girl...seriously...I would out-embarrass Mark Mallory. Even when I played softball I played 1st base because that position was least likely to need a competitive throw. I kept my position because I could catch anything. Now with an artificial shoulder, an unrepairable torn rotator cuff, and a fused wrist in my throwing hand, I would be lucky if it bounced far enough to clear the mound. On the other hand, that throw would be a viral laughing stock so I would be famous!

(04-21-2022, 12:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Do people actually go to games just because of who throws out the first pitch?
Seems dumb to me, but to each their own.

maybe the WhoDey chant on Opening Day gave them hope it would help

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 04:04 PM)pally Wrote: I throw like a girl...seriously...I would out-embarrass Mark Mallory.

This is how little I follow baseball, had to look that up.  LoL

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 04:31 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: This is how little I follow baseball, had to look that up.  LoL

I do follow the Reds and this is such a sad commentary on the team since the days of the Big Red Machine that I remember so well. Not much has changed since that wild pitch from the mayor.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 04:04 PM)pally Wrote: I would be lucky if it bounced far enough to clear the mound.  On the other hand, that throw would be a viral laughing stock so I would be famous!

Just the imagery that you painted was enough to give me a huge laugh. Yes, you would be a viral sensation.
Reply/Quote

Is it a coincidence that the 3 former Saints are doing it together? Or just by chance?
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 09:53 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Is it a coincidence that the 3 former Saints are doing it together? Or just by chance?

Never considered that, interesting observation.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 10:02 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Never considered that, interesting observation.  

I'd assume they're especially good friends because of that, and probably did the first pitches together as a result. Also, last week was all offensive players, this one is for the defense.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Even with 3 Bengals, on the 1st beautiful night for baseball, the Reds could only muster 20,000 in paid attendance. Looked like actual number was 1/2 that

Reply/Quote