Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds month of June game thread
A strong outing for Disco but relief pitching game up a homer. ugh. This team just can't get it going.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 05:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: A strong outing for Disco but relief pitching game up a homer.  ugh.  This team just can't get it going.

They just can't get over the hump can they ? And they're getting to the point where the excuses are running out. I mean at some point you are what your record says you are. Perhaps Scooter getting back will help ? Maybe, just maybe Wood can get on the mound and help ?

I guessed 82 wins for this season, just over .500 I'm beginning to doubt they make it, maybe 75 ?
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 08:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They just can't get over the hump can they ? And they're getting to the point where the excuses are running out. I mean at some point you are what your record says you are. Perhaps Scooter getting back will help ? Maybe, just maybe Wood can get on the mound and help ?

I guessed 82 wins for this season, just over .500 I'm beginning to doubt they make it, maybe 75 ?

I predicted 86 wins
with a healthy Wood and Gennett, maybe they can get on a roll
They need a streak of wins...
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Joey Votto is heating up which can mean only one thing. The rest of the team is about to go in complete suck mode. I have a bad feeling about the month of June for the Reds. I thought the same about May, but they held their own, but the last few games they seem to be succumbing to their usual mid season apathy and losing ways. I really hope I'm wrong again.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Ex Reds always beat the Reds over the decades. Add Jay Bruce to the list Friday. Good pick-up for Phillies who just lost McCutchen for season.

Reds now below 5 games under .500 and need to win games to climb and avoid sinking to 10 under .500

GO REDS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 09:09 AM)kevin Wrote: Ex Reds always beat the Reds over the decades.  Add Jay Bruce to the list Friday.  Good pick-up for Phillies who just lost McCutchen for season.

Reds now below 5 games under .500 and need to win games to climb and avoid sinking to 10 under .500

GO REDS

The Reds badly need to go on a 7-3 or 8-2 run ! There's like 25 games left until the All Star break and they need to win a bunch of games in this stretch to stay close to .500
Reply/Quote
No matter how many games the Reds win between now and whenever the teams in front of them will have to lose more games than the Reds in order for them to get any traction at all in the standings. In theory they could win every game the rest of the season, but so could the teams ahead of them in the standings..  Theories suck theoretically..  Tongue

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 05:20 AM)grampahol Wrote: Joey Votto is heating up which can mean only one thing. The rest of the team is about to go in complete suck mode. I have a bad feeling about the month of June for the Reds. I thought the same about May, but they held their own, but the last few games they seem to be succumbing to their usual mid season apathy and losing ways. I really hope I'm wrong again.

Joey is heating up. He had the single and homerun. He also passed the buck to a struggling hitter in the 9th as he looked for the walk because he was afraid of failing with the game on the line. Marty jumped on him for this and he was very correct. I really hope that Votto gets back on track, he does seem to be and the Homerun was really nice to see. Scooter has to be very close to returning, hopefully that will add some boost for a nice little winning streak.
Reply/Quote
Well the Reds offense has fell back asleep. Hope they wake up next Friday night vs. Rangers I'm going to that game.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 07:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Well the Reds offense has fell back asleep. Hope they wake up next Friday night vs. Rangers I'm going to that game.

Well, they score 2 Runs or less in 1/3 of their games. Hopefully you don’t have to witness that crap.
Reply/Quote
Things are not going as well as I hoped.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Is it time to fire Turner? Two months in and the hitting is still poor. Dodgers seem to be having an improved offensive season, Bellinger especially, was Turner holding them back, too?
Reply/Quote
Reds now what, 7 games under .500 or so. They need to avoid the Philly Sweep today to keep from falling back to where they were at horrible start to season. They have been playing good ball up to this bump in the road. At least win 1 and get out of Philly closer to 5 under than 10 under.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
8th Inning .....Reds ahead 4-3.... 2 Outs.....Iglesias in.....Now 3 outs.....Iglesias needs to close out 9th.....Reds need a Win bad

9th inning...Iglesias gets SAVE.....REDS GET WIN

So AT LEAST Reds leaving Philly 6 under .500 and not 8 under.

UP NEXT--Cleveland Indians and Reds can be glad 3 of the better pitchers in baseball on injured list for Cleveland. It gives Reds more of a chance.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Any word on Gennett's return?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2019, 05:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Any word on Gennett's return?

Could be back in a couple of weeks. Article is about a third of the way down the page. Ok its right on top now from that link.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/scooter-gennett-nearly-ready-for-injury-rehab
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Great win today. Votto is coming around. However, I will admit that this team is one of the most frustrating Reds team I've ever watched. They have so much talent.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
We have to get a hot streak and win 8 of 10 or something like that.
Reply/Quote
They really deserved to lose yesterday with that infield popup that scored 2 and Casali really needs to work on making tags. I'm not sure he effectively tagged out anyone at home, but the cameras and umpires can really fool us from time to time..

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have to get a hot streak and win 8 of 10 or something like that.

I think a win streak would give them confidence. Gennett should help.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote