Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding Marriage Equality, I'm Proud of the American People
(06-28-2015, 10:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Because if you start taxing them then your limiting their ability to do what they are supposed to do. ....  Allow a place to worship freely.  

No one should  worry of their church will close because they can't afford to pay the tax bill.

Then they should stay out of public policy making.

No American should have to worry that they can't marry the person they love because of someone else's religion.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-28-2015, 11:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Then they should stay out of public policy making.

No American should have to worry that they can't marry the person they love because of someone else's religion.

They can get a JP wedding. But they don't have to force their way into a church.
(06-28-2015, 11:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Those are basic operating expenses.   But paying Caesar is not...

What is Caesar is the name of their landscaper?

All jokes aside, do they not benefit from taxes?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-28-2015, 11:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They can get a JP wedding.   But they don't have to force their way into a church.

I think he's referring to the fact that they often use the pulpit to promote politics and try to rally their congregation to support things that would deprive others of their rights. The fact that your religion says a marriage is wrong should be irrelevant in whether or not it is outlawed.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-28-2015, 11:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They can get a JP wedding.   But they don't have to force their way into a church.

Yep.

And the church can stop trying to force the entire nation to live by their rules.
(06-28-2015, 11:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think he's referring to the fact that they often use the pulpit to promote politics and try to rally their congregation to support things that would deprive others of their rights. The fact that your religion says a marriage is wrong should be irrelevant in whether or not it is outlawed.

They aren't supposed to preach that.... But some do at some times. they are able to preach morality and sometimes they intersect.
(06-28-2015, 11:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.

And the church can stop trying to force the entire nation to live by their rules.

What church are you attending? Because I have yet to see any mass include telling me how to vote or who to vote for....

They are allowed to preach morality. It's up to the congregation how they apply that morality in their daily lives. Your issue shouldnt be with churches .... It's the individuals who take those lessons.

Galations 5:7-10

7 You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth? 8 That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. 9 “A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough.” 10 I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion, whoever that may be, will have to pay the penalty.
(06-28-2015, 11:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What church are you attending?  Because I have yet to see any mass include telling me how to vote or who to vote for....    

My reply to anybody that claims "The church forces" is to go to sermon on Sunday and report back on what they forced you to do. 

WTS, they damn sure try to persuade. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-27-2015, 05:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why are proud of the people?  They vote it down consistently.   Only when a court decides to legislate and this forced on the people?  

Go pat your unelected lifetime appointees on the back... Or at least the ones who think its ok to force their will on the people your so proud to congratulate.  

Did gay marriage really win anything when all they did was bully it on people?   It will just polarize it more now that people see they are forced to accept.  

Personal Freedom takes another big hit.    Maybe that's what your cheering.

In this instance, the system worked as it's suppose to. While we have a democratic process, we are still a republic and this ruling epitomizes that in contrast to your view, which is a narrow minded. There is no doubt in my mind that you woulda been yappin in a similar way about Brown v The Board of Education had you been alive. Equal rights and opportunities for all. That is the law of the land. 
(06-29-2015, 12:11 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: In this instance, the system worked as it's suppose to. While we have a democratic process, we are still a republic and this ruling epitomizes that in contrast to your view, which is a narrow minded. There is no doubt in my mind that you woulda been yappin in a similar way about Brown v The Board of Education had you been alive. Equal rights and opportunities for all. That is the law of the land. 

I wouldn't be because a standard public education is guaranteed. A government marriage is not.

And hate to break it to you but we still have segregated schools . Instead of black and white it's the have's and the have nots...

Having a small unelected group who is not held accountable to anyone being able to lord over is all by redefining words.

Judges should have term limits. As should congress.
(06-28-2015, 11:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What church are you attending?  Because I have yet to see any mass include telling me how to vote or who to vote for....    

They are allowed to preach morality.    It's up to the congregation how they apply that morality in their daily lives.    Your issue shouldnt be with churches .... It's the individuals who take those lessons.

(06-29-2015, 12:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My reply to anybody that claims "The church forces" is to go to sermon on Sunday and report back on what they forced you to do. 

WTS, they damn sure try to persuade. 

I didn't say the churches forces you to do anything.  I said they try to force their rules on all of society.

God bless America.
(06-29-2015, 01:00 AM)GMDino Wrote:  I didn't say the churches forces you to do anything.  I said they try to force their rules on all of society.

Did that make sense when you came up with it in your head?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-29-2015, 01:00 AM)GMDino Wrote:  I didn't say the churches forces you to do anything.  I said they try to force their rules on all of society.

God bless America.

Ummm you might wanna say that out loud.

And do you not want God's blessing for America?

People also say God bless you when you sneeze.... Is the church "forcing" that on people as well?
I am glad that gay marriage is  accepted now in the states and I think it was unconstitutional to begin with. Were a country that is ultimately based off the constitution and not popular vote. Hopefully with this being past the LGBT community can now take a look at more serious things happen in the gay community around the world instead of just the right to marry.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(06-29-2015, 01:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Did that make sense when you came up with it in your head?

Yes.  And it would to you but I'm sure there's a single word you want to argue.

No church  / official from the church is walking in to my house to make sure there is no sodomy going on.  They are too busy working with politicians that will pass laws allowing the state to control my behavior.

Get it?  Of course you do.  But here comes the snarky response....
(06-29-2015, 01:41 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ummm you might wanna say that out loud.  

And do you not want God's blessing for America?  

People also say God bless you when you sneeze.... Is the church "forcing" that on people as well?

I don't believe God loves America anymore than he loves the Patriots over the Bills.

90% of people who say god bless you do it out of habit with no idea of why they said it in the first place.  

See my post above this one as to how the church forces its beliefs on people...then cries discrimination when they don't get their way.

And for the record I say "gesundheit" because I wish for good health for the person...not for fear that their heart will stop unless someone calls down a special blessing from the Lord on them.

ThumbsUp
(06-29-2015, 12:19 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wouldn't be because a standard public education is guaranteed.    A government marriage is not.  

And hate to break it to you but we still have segregated schools .  Instead of black and white it's the have's and the have nots...    

Having a small unelected group who is not held accountable to anyone being able to lord over is all by redefining words.    

Judges should have term limits.   As should congress.

The problem with term limits is you are creating automatic lame ducks of everyone in congress.  Consequently, what keeps them from selling out in order to land that nice private sector gig once their term is up?  They would no longer have to worry about backlash from the public because they can't run again anyway.  

I really don't think that solves the problem.  I think it makes it worse.  

The way it should have been all along. Churches should be able to practice their beliefs fully, yet should not be allowed to force anyone else to do so.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Not to sound like a total arse, but your lack of perspective on this may explain why you seem to think it isn't a big deal.  In addition to anecdotal evidence gathered over the years (including my ol' man's story about the pastor of his church telling the congregation if JFK is elected the country is doomed) I simply typed:

"preacher tells congregation to vote for bush" into google and got more than 0 results.  You otter try it.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=preacher+tells+congregation+to+vote+for