Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Reggie to Raiders
(04-09-2016, 10:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't see how it's overpaying when the guy is still producing at an extremely high level. That's why the Raiders paid him what they did.

Btw, he's 32 and turns 33 in late September. 

Honestly, when Reggie says "lack of interest" he probably just means that the Bengals didn't pursue him as hard as he thought they would. I can see why he'd be upset, but I can also see why the Bengals opted to make Iloka and Pacman the priorities. Fwiw, Pacman is older than Nelson and Corners tend to age even faster than Safeties. That said, our CB depth is weak and we had Shawn Williams ready to take over for Nelson.

So really this is a situation where we shouldn't be mad at the Bengals or Nelson. I'm sure he wanted to stay, but it just wasn't in the cards at Nelson's (very fair) market value.

Lap stated they offered Reggie same money as Iloka, but less years and guaranteed money. He wanted more guaranteed money (not that I blame him). So the Bengals wanted him, but at there price, not his.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am very bummed to see Reggie go. He is one of my all time favorite players. He doesn't stop and he is a ball hawk. I for one will miss his play on the field. I too will be rooting for him in Oakland.
Reply/Quote
Reggie Nelson was awesome to watch.
I am not sure how he went years without being noticed by the league as a fierce player.
He definitely was in tune last year with being at the right place at the right time.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man.  All you can see is the back of Marvin's head.

It is okay to criticize Marvin for reality, but it gets silly when you just make stuff up.  In fact all this imaginary stuff takes away from the credibility of legit criticism.

The back of Marvin's head is Tomlinson's favorite view. 
Reply/Quote