Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reiff is a Bengal
Yayyyy now get Galloday and trade for Ertz
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:06 AM)BurnsBengal Wrote: The big guns.  Sam Hubbard is either one personable SOB or he really wanted a free meal.

Sam is always in the recruiting mix it seems....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:58 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He was my #1 FA priority, so this is my best case scenario! Whoo!

Every few years theres an Free Agent I believe is just a perfect fit for the Bengals "Need, Position, Talent, and Price". It was last year and his name was Jack Conklin. The Bengals should be kicking theirselves right now over not getting Conklin.

To OP: Riley Reiff is a solid fit this year been saying it for a couple weeks now lol. I'm very happy they locked him up.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:21 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Yayyyy now get Galloday and trade for Ertz

The cuts I mentioned earlier of Geno, Gio, Hart and Uzomah would allow is the money to trade for Ertz. I would love it. Ertz is an elite TE. He is a complete TE, he is also a very good blocker not just a pass catcher.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:00 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I doubt Pollack had any say so about it then. Hopefully he does now.

Didn't we trade for him in 2017? Pollack wasn't here yet ... Was he? But I do remember all of the coaches lovin' his enthusiasm and jazz hands or whatever.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:16 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'm with ya....but a signing like this is insurance if Sewell is not there. If they could swing Golladay, then the draft becomes wide open.

Agree getting Gollady is huge because you could have 3 very good receivers and if Sewell and Chase are gone and you don’t like Slater you can go Pitts and Burrow has crazy weapons.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:12 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I like the signing. However if Sewell is there at 5 I’m not passing on him for some stop gap tackle. And I don’t wanna move Williams inside and sacrifice his growth for a stop gap tackle. I rather roll with Sewell and Williams as the future bookends so I have no idea if Reiff can play inside. It’s a deep tackle class but that tackle run gets crazy so I’m not risking passing on Sewell. Pitts and Chase are the pretty girls everyone is chasing but it’s the hogs up front that will give Joey the best chance to survive.

With Sewell's youth and inexperience, grooming him behind Reiff for a couple years may be the ticket if he's there at 5.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:25 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Agree getting Gollady is huge because you could have 3 very good receivers and if Sewell and Chase are gone and you don’t like Slater you can go Pitts and Burrow has crazy weapons.

How about Ertz and Pitts if Sewell is gone?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:06 AM)BurnsBengal Wrote: The big guns.  Sam Hubbard is either one personable SOB or he really wanted a free meal.

I've never met Hubbard, but I bet he is their "Cincinnati is Awesome" guy to sell the area. He grew up here, played football here, played college ball a few hours away and then came back for the pros (he's similar to Huber except Huber went to college right in Cincinnati too), so I bet they bring him in to talk about the night life (pre-COVID), restaurant scene, things to do, history etc of Cincinnati. Selling a free agent on signing is a lot about the team and the players, but it's also about the area.
Reply/Quote
I'm stunned they signed a decent o lineman. Happy to eat some crow over this.

Cut a few players and sign another decent lineman who can play guard and Golladay.
Reply/Quote
The nfl.com article about the signing says

“Reif has been a solid, if unspectacular, blocker since being drafted by Detroit in 2012”

What does that even mean??? Lol
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:25 AM)jason Wrote: Didn't we trade for him in 2017? Pollack wasn't here yet ... Was he? But I do remember all of the coaches lovin' his enthusiasm and jazz hands or whatever.

Honestly I don't know. I was only responding as if the post was factual. But is raises the question.

Reply/Quote
Okay, now I am happy. Makes our Free Agency a solid B.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:33 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The nfl.com article about the signing says

“Reif has been a solid, if unspectacular, blocker since being drafted by Detroit in 2012”

It's the usual, piss poor journalism that shows up online.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:21 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sam is always in the recruiting mix it seems....

(03-19-2021, 11:27 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I've never met Hubbard, but I bet he is their "Cincinnati is Awesome" guy to sell the area. He grew up here, played football here, played college ball a few hours away and then came back for the pros (he's similar to Huber except Huber went to college right in Cincinnati too), so I bet they bring him in to talk about the night life (pre-COVID), restaurant scene, things to do, history etc of Cincinnati. Selling a free agent on signing is a lot about the team and the players, but it's also about the area.

That would be my guess, but I'd also gander that he's being groomed to be the next Thornton/Peko/MJ guy, who is the dean of the Oline and one of the faces of the D.

I'd expect an extension for him and Bates this year; if he wasn't in future plans, I highly-doubt he'd be taken on FA recruitments.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
One of my top tackles to sign.. pre draft lineup to me is

Now move Hart to guard... Starting unit pre draft: Williams, Spain, Hopkins, Hart and Reiff
Reply/Quote
I just asked a Vikes fan on another board how Reiff was last season and he claims “not good.”

I see he only gave up 1 sack and 1 penalty in over 1k snaps. Sounds good to me.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:33 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The nfl.com article about the signing says

I assume it means he plays like Whit did. Solid, dependable, and so reliable you mostly forget he is there.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just asked a Vikes fan on another board how Reiff was last season and he claims “not good.”

I see he only gave up 1 sack and 1 penalty in over 1k snaps. Sounds good to me.

Thankfully for us, not good is an upgrade over horrific.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:36 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: One of my top tackles to sign.. pre draft lineup to me is

Now move Hart to guard... Starting unit pre draft: Williams, Spain, Hopkins, Hart and Reiff

Spain is a free agent still.
Reply/Quote